3. Bittercreek to Troll Bridge (action)

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 3. Bittercreek to Troll Bridge (action)

#101 Post by tibbius »

The troll tilts back its head and looks down its nose at you. "I can't believe you stood in line for an hour just to complain about the transit fees," it answers you. "They go to upkeep of the bridge, and personnel expenses. Scaffolding isn't free, y'know, and neither is gathering stones and making lime for mortar. D'you want to go out there under the bridge and replace the fallen stones? ... Didn't think so." He bounces his outstretched hand up and down once. "Fork over."
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#102 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax grumbling digs around his pockets for a gold coin taking the time to observe these so called repairs and upkeep eyeing the bridge finally getting the coin he holds it for a moment still thinking over the work he can see and the bridges construction wondering if the math really ads up and if the work looks remotely decent.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#103 Post by tibbius »

The bridge is solid enough, not dwarf work but competently built and maintained.

The troll waits patiently as Grax fumbles. "I'm not goin' anywhere," it says casually. "Take yer time." The line of several people waiting behind you seem patient as well.

"Hey," it adds a moment later, "are you n yer buddies adventurous types?"
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"That depends on what you mean by adventurous types."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#105 Post by tibbius »

The troll smiles a filthy smile.

"Like, d'yerz go about righting wrongs or solvin' mysteries or looting the dead? Cause I got a problem that needs someone like that."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"In that case then yes we are the adventurous type."

GreyWolfVT

#107 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax nods seeing the bridge work is decent enough and hands over the coin. "Yah, we're venturin types. Why yah got somethin' fer us?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#108 Post by tibbius »

"Simplest version is, my cousin Isyat is a lousy gambler. He bet his inheritance on a horse race, an' he lost. But o' course he diznt carry his inheritance around wif himself, right? So ... he's now bein held for ransom. Either need someone to rescue him, but can't pay much, or need someone to retrieve his inheritance, which you could have a share, no problem."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by ybn1197 »

Elzarune scratches his chin in a thoughtful way. "And where would either be found?"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#110 Post by tibbius »

"Isyat's inheritance is in safekeeping at the Spire. You'd need the password to obtain it easily. Isyat himself is in Sudrun. We got a message from him last week. He's in one piece. For now."

Sudrun is a populous town or small city toward the southern feet of the mountains, near the edge of the marshes. It would take two to three weeks to get there.

The Spire is believed to be the tallest peak of the central mountains. It's where creatures like trolls and dragons have the center of their culture. It would probably take a couple of weeks to get there. From there it would take about two weeks to get to Sudrun.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT

#111 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax scratches his head "Soundin like a long journey ahead...huh well uh we gonna do it er sumthin else?" the dwarf asks turning to the others whom appear to be unusually quiet.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"May as well, the sheeple here seem fine with the trolls."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by ybn1197 »

Elzarune nods his head in disbelief. "And why exactly would you need someone to get it for you? You have all the information you need. Why do you need us? And don't tell me you ALL need to stay here for the bridge. I may have been born in the morning, but not this morning."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#114 Post by tibbius »

"Uh. Well, y'see, the thing is, right, that, uh, Isyat's inheritance is in the Old Troll Vaults in the Spire. And the vaults have been, uh, over-taken by a dragon. So someone is needed to kinda extract the inheritance from the vault. Which is where adventurous types like yourselves would come in to the picture, right?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by ybn1197 »

"You're lying to us," Elzarune says with a scowl. "Before we started our parlay, I cast a spell upon myself to alert me when someone was lying to me. Now I suppose we shall be polite enough to give you another chance and tell us the truth."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#116 Post by tibbius »

The troll looks alarmed. Then affronted. "No, really. The only catch is that there's the dragon in charge of the vaults. Someone needs - I mean, we need someone - to get the inheritance out from under the dragon. We even have a copy of the testament from our grandpa, listing what belongs to Isyat."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"We are supposed to believe a bunch of trolls about a dragon, this is not going to end well."

GreyWolfVT

#118 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax pipes in "Kinda gettin tha feelin they're tryin ta use us as dragon fodder."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"Seems that way, I would want some serious treasure, up front before I take on a dragon."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#120 Post by tibbius »

"Fair enough," says the bridge troll with a shrug, "Isyat always was kind of an idiot and I know it's not really your business to bail him out. Can understand you don't want to tangle with a dragon. Neither do we. But Isyat's captors don't really know how much 'is inheritance is worth. So could we send you with a bag of gold to bargain for his release? When you get back with him you could have another bag of your own."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Traversing Tiny Dungeons (Tiny Dungeon)”