OOC Discussion

Marullus
Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Discussion

#201 Post by Samwell Turleton »

I am interested in continuing and happy to play a few characters. I am also open to the consequences of failure approach. I might need some assistance for a little bit with Taka to keep things moving along but can roll up a new character this weekend.

jmacatty
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#202 Post by jmacatty »

Yeah, I'm ready to play with 2 characters. I've already started on them. I'm thinking the one with the extra karma will be Ha's brother, who woke up one morning with the knowledge that he needed to avenge Ha. Don't ask me how. He will be a bushi who really specializes in the dai-kyu.

The second character will be a more typical bushi, of course largely dependent on his rank roll.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#203 Post by ffilz »

I think I'm just going to continue with a single character. I'm stalling out on energy to go through all the steps. Keiso is ready other that I need a price and weight for a fishing kit. Oh, I also need weight and details for his carpentry tools. I may have to tune his encumbrance depending on how we decide to proceed.

His sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by jemmus »

Sorry for the delay in posting in all games. I had home admin and minor family health and lost a whole weekend's worth of free time. Working to catch up.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by Marullus »

No worries. I am slow, too.

That said, I am wrapping up my current job this week and starting a new job next week, so I expect to continue being overwhelmed for March.

Right now we are waiting on Turleton and I am not in a hurry.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#206 Post by jemmus »

Good luck in the new job, and congratulations!
PCs

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#207 Post by dmw71 »

-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#208 Post by jemmus »

Statistically, you should roll a critical success every 20 turns. And a critical success or failure every 10 turns. If you also attack on your secondary action phase, either every 5 turns. If your opponent does also, one of you should roll either every 2.5 turns. Better to just avoid combat in Bushido. 😃
PCs

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by Marullus »

One of the "flaws" I see with Bushido is it isn't worth using a skill to modify BCS unless the skill is > BCS 10. It looks like it can be worth it if your BCS is very low and the other skill is sufficiently higher.
Yeah. It seems designed for a distinct and higher level play - Ki, Karma, etc are geared off how MANY skills you advanced to 99 and it has rules for advancing a single skill to 99 multiple times, or to open multiple Otuken styles and advance all of them to 99. This low level play with poor skills that we are doing seems like we are doing something wrong sometimes.

The good thing is that actual advancing happens in downtime, which is novel. Other RPGs push to the "always adventuring" clock. This one encourages long pauses and only adventure when the need requires. Which is cool. And should work better in PbP.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#210 Post by Marullus »

Sorry all! I thought I was waiting for inputs, but just realized you all are good. I had a good camping trip with my daughter, visited family, and went to a wedding but totally neglected you. I'll try to update to kick things off for real tomorrow.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#211 Post by ffilz »

I'm going to be off to the beach for the week. I will have my laptop and phone, but likely won't have that much time to check in.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by jemmus »

Have fun Frank!
PCs

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by Marullus »

I went down hard with COVID last Monday (shortly after the previous post) and have been asleep most of the week. It's really tough for me to get the headspace to move this ahead. Bushido remains too complex for me at the moment.

We've been slow-to-languishing anyway and I am sorry about that. If you really are itching for this, lets check back in next month and see if we can start the action properly then. If you're already over it, we can archive. Thoughts?

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#214 Post by jemmus »

Really sorry to hear. A couple of people in my office got it, and one of them took around 10 days to recover.

I'm enjoying the game, I'd like to continue later if other people do. Get well soon.
PCs

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#215 Post by ffilz »

I’m enjoying Bushido so happy to wait.

Frank

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#216 Post by Samwell Turleton »

I really hope you and your family/community are doing alright!

This is the only game I have time for at the moment and I appreciate whatever pace it takes. I like the setting and complexity and keep needing to refresh my memory on everything anyways so I don’t mind picking it up in a bit.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#217 Post by dmw71 »

Marullus, just checking in to see how you're doing... and, secondarily to inquire about your interest in continuing this game.

-- Project --
-- DM --

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#218 Post by Marullus »

I have about six hours invested this week so far in developing the next update, but since I can't work on it except with my text files on my home laptop, that's stretching it out. (I am currently celebrating my anniversary at a fancy hotel with just my phone 🍾.) I hope to finish and post the next scene change in the next three days.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#219 Post by dmw71 »

Glad to hear you’re well enough to return.

Happy anniversary!

-- Project --
-- DM --

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by jemmus »

Happy anniversary Marullus!