OOC 1

DexterWard
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC 1

#21 Post by Bluetongue »

Ah! SilverBen welcome back to the forum.

I think we last met in A Graveyard Vigil.with my elf Stig dodging your undead among the tombstones.

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#22 Post by Nemesis »

I want to confirm that this Swords and Wizardry White Box rulebook is appropriate for this campaign:

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by SilverBen »

Bluetongue wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:15 am Ah! SilverBen welcome back to the forum.

I think we last met in A Graveyard Vigil.with my elf Stig dodging your undead among the tombstones.
Yes! Good to see you again here, I took a long break from PbP and came home to Old School.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#24 Post by Nemesis »

SilverBen wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:23 pm Yes! Good to see you again here, I took a long break from PbP and came home to Old School.
Have you always done PbP on Unseen Servant?

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by DexterWard »

Nemesis wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:25 pm I want to confirm that this Swords and Wizardry White Box rulebook is appropriate for this campaign:
Yep, that is an appropriate source.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by DexterWard »

Sorry for the delay in posting folks, have had a touch of Pneumonia these past couple of days. Gotta love the COVID virus...Grrrrr!

Anywho, feeling a tad bit better today so I'll be making a post (or two) by end of day today.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by DexterWard »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:41 pm As someone who runs a lot of games around here, I would caution against picking certain times that you want players to post by. That never works in PbP. :lol:

A 2 post a week rate is good for me, as I am on here a lot.
Thanks for the advice OGRE MAGE. Very good point. Let's just keep the posting rate to two or more times per week, with no set days/times.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by DexterWard »

SilverBen wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:22 am DexterWard, I'm sure all players would echo my encouragement to take as much time as necessary to ensure a speedy recovery.

A quick OOG question on my most recent post, (viewtopic.php?p=515839#p515839): Tore, my character, intends to safely gauge the depth of the hole if the bottom is not visible. He doesn't trust the structural integrity around the edge of the sinkhole and wants to maintain his distance as he measures.

My question, what would the length of the fishing line be? I defer to your judgement.
Let's say a spool of fishing line contains 30 yards (90')

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#29 Post by Nemesis »

DexterWard wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:58 pm
Nemesis wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:25 pm I want to confirm that this Swords and Wizardry White Box rulebook is appropriate for this campaign:
Yep, that is an appropriate source.
Thanks for the clarification! Glad to hear that you're feeling better.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by DexterWard »

Ok, post made. Hopefully it's not confusing in any way. My brain is a bit fussy today, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. As is aways with me, if anyone has suggestions on elements of play, themes, etc that they would like to see please speak up. Always happy to make the experience as enjoyable as I can :)

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by SilverBen »

Nemesis wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:24 pm Have you always done PbP on Unseen Servant?
Prior to finding DexterWard's game here, I had not logged in to Unseen Servant since 2017! I experimented with several different online platforms since around 2012. Recently, I concluded that Unseen Servant and PbP games are the best combination for me to continue playing D&D because (with tremendous gratitude to God) I have a fiesty troupe of goblins that keep me occupied.

I truly miss tabletop experiences. Afterall, games are intended to be social events and there's no substitute for eye to eye contact and personal interaction. But, I just don't have the continuous blocks of time required for in-person or virtual games anymore. C'est la vie
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#32 Post by Nemesis »

SilverBen wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:43 am
Nemesis wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:24 pm Have you always done PbP on Unseen Servant?
Prior to finding DexterWard's game here, I had not logged in to Unseen Servant since 2017! I experimented with several different online platforms since around 2012. Recently, I concluded that Unseen Servant and PbP games are the best combination for me to continue playing D&D because (with tremendous gratitude to God) I have a fiesty troupe of goblins that keep me occupied.

I truly miss tabletop experiences. Afterall, games are intended to be social events and there's no substitute for eye to eye contact and personal interaction. But, I just don't have the continuous blocks of time required for in-person or virtual games anymore. C'est la vie
Welcome back, then! I, too, have found PbP games to be the best for my schedule, especially during lockdown.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by DexterWard »

Hi All,

I wanted to touch base real quick with everyone. Had a rough few pneumonia days, but feeling somewhat better this evening. Had to go to the doc and get a an IV treatment and steroids, which has really helped tremendously. I think I'll be back up and feeling normal by tomorrow or Sunday (according to the doc). At which time I will make a new post. I really appreciate your patience and understanding here. I'm really looking forward to this campaign, and don't want to loose any more momentum than I have to.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or comments in the meantime. Looking forward to getting this module rolling full steam ahead.

Thanks
Marcus

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#34 Post by Nemesis »

DexterWard wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:45 am Hi All,

I wanted to touch base real quick with everyone. Had a rough few pneumonia days, but feeling somewhat better this evening. Had to go to the doc and get a an IV treatment and steroids, which has really helped tremendously. I think I'll be back up and feeling normal by tomorrow or Sunday (according to the doc). At which time I will make a new post. I really appreciate your patience and understanding here. I'm really looking forward to this campaign, and don't want to loose any more momentum than I have to.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or comments in the meantime. Looking forward to getting this module rolling full steam ahead.

Thanks
Marcus
Thanks for the update, Marcus. Your recovery and dedication to keeping the game going are great news.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#35 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Take all the time you need, Marcus.

Hope you have a quick and complete recovery.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Monsieur Rose »

No worries. Take care of yourself.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by SilverBen »

I echo everyone's concern and well wishes. You got me Marcus, now it will take more than COVID to get rid of me... :lol:

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by DexterWard »

Thank you all for the awesome support. Very much appreciated :)

I woke up feeling much better today. I'll have my next post up by end of day today. Let's find out what kind of trouble our Party can rustle up shall we?

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by DexterWard »

Made a few updates and additions to the "House Rules" post in the Character Creation & House Rules thread.

Return to “Old School Dungeon Crawls (OD&D)”