OOC 1

DexterWard
SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC 1

#41 Post by SilverBen »

My apologies for apparently misleading Paladin and possibly other players into thinking Tore is a dwarf.
Paladin wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:11 pm Christian remains beside the great hole with Tore and Bowb, crouching near the edge to be near in case the dwarf needs a quick hand climbing back out.
Tore is just a salty human sailor who "ain't got no time fer nonsense" and I'm role playing him a bit on the brash side, as dice_monkey correctly pointed out. But perhaps this adventure will soften him up a bit, teach him not to be so brash, as any good story changes the characters in it? I leave that in DexterWard's able hands.

Adventure on!
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by Paladin »

I just noticed someone refer to him as one and went with it. :lol: Apologies for not doing my own research.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#43 Post by DexterWard »

Updated the House Rules section in the Character Creation & House Rules thread: Expanded the Magic section, added Archaic Incantations.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by SilverBen »

@DexterWard, based on my previous post for Tore...
SilverBen wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:40 am
...is it feasible to retrieve the corpse with the following actions:
  1. lowering the rope
  2. descendning by the rope
  3. prying out the corpse from the timber
  4. attaching the rope to the corpse
  5. climbing up the rope, anchored by corpse
  6. pulling the corpse up by rope with assistance
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#45 Post by DexterWard »

SilverBen wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:56 am @DexterWard, based on my previous post for Tore...is it feasible to retrieve the corpse with the following actions:
Absolutely, especially with the assistance of The Party...

Additionally, keep in mind, in the Old School way, I won't tell you you can't do something. Your mind is the limiting factor here. Off you can think of it, you can propose i doing it. Just described in as much detail as you think it needs and I will adjudicate the results.. But I would most likely tell you if that something would kill or harm you and/or The Party ahead of time.

But yes, your proposal is totally doable.,.good call. :)

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#46 Post by Nemesis »

@DexterWard: Any chance we get a map or some kind of indicator to see where everyone is? I assume some of us are scouring the village, while others are fiddling with the hole in the kitchen.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by DexterWard »

@Nemisis

I was thinking about that this morning. I'll work on that today and post it by end of day today :)

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#48 Post by DexterWard »

DM Updates:
  • Added Class descriptions/bullets to the House Rules post in the Character Creation & House Rules thread.
  • Tweaked verbiage for Arcane Incantations.
NOTE: take special note of the "Magic-User" description!

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#49 Post by Nemesis »

DexterWard wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:36 pm @Nemisis

I was thinking about that this morning. I'll work on that today and post it by end of day today :)
Thank you!

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by DexterWard »

Here is my first draft at the map with character locations. I will most likely change how I'm doing this in the near future, but this should work for now. Please let me know if you want your character moved to another location. I should be able to keep up accurate locations moving forward.
Windham_Village_3.png
Windham_Village_3.png (871.73 KiB) Viewed 1074 times

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by SilverBen »

Ha! That's great, dice_monkey, I loved your post!
dice_monkey wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:52 am Bowb gives the dwarf and the others a wan smile. "I would join you. Please don't think me as afraid, but...," he says, his pudgy hands taking hold of the considerable girth of his belly, "...I would only plug up yonder hole." He allows himself a soft chuckle, his jowls quivering.
I have no doubt Bowb will be a capable and worthy hero despite his girth! :P

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#52 Post by Nemesis »

I've been super busy with work and can get a response in this weekend.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#53 Post by DexterWard »

No worries Nemesis. Post when you can. We've all been there.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#54 Post by DexterWard »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:50 pm Silky

He sees the leech, too late to do anything but exclaim "Ahhhh!"

He intends to bring up both blades and strike at the leech. If it is attached, he will try to slice it off. While screaming "Oh gods, oh gods, not my crotch!"

LOL :lol: Awesome!!!

You can go ahead and edit your post to add attack and damage for both weapons. More to follow on general combat schtuffs

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Edited my post.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#56 Post by DexterWard »

Excellent. Thank You :D

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#57 Post by Nemesis »

I've been following but have been busy again with IRL stuff. I'll be more free after tomorrow, when my vacation starts :)

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#58 Post by DexterWard »

Nemesis wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:18 am I've been following but have been busy again with IRL stuff. I'll be more free after tomorrow, when my vacation starts :)
No worries good sir. I know exactly how RL can be :) Post when you can.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by SilverBen »

My apologies gentlemen, I would have responded earlier but I did not recieve notifications of your posts since Thursday. I changed nothing in my notification settings and was receiving them previously, but am just becoming aware of the action with the slug that is attacking the party retrieving the cooks corpse. Catching up now. I will manually check the board more frequenlty going forward.

DexterWard
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#60 Post by DexterWard »

No worries SilverBen. It does that to me all the time. Sometimes I'll get notifications, and then it will just stop sending then for a week or two. So I just check at least every two days now. The posting rate I advertised was 1-2 posts post week. It's all good. :D

Return to “Old School Dungeon Crawls (OD&D)”