Eris
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: (001) A Job Offer

#21 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:14 am
Darithe wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:57 am
OOC: Mr. DM sir, I can't see a map. It is just me? I know I'm nearsighted, but it looks like there is no file attached.
It was there earlier. Odd.
I'll attach it again. Can you see it now?

I think that a) if I attach the image it will only appear at the bottom of a post and can't be resized or b) if I attach it inline I can modify its size, but it will appear twice, once inline and resized, and once at the bottom of the post in its original size. :(
Attachments
Silverband Map.jpg
Silverband Map.jpg (30.91 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by Darithe »

I can see it now. Thank you sir, I appreciate it. :)

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#23 Post by bobk2323 »

Eris wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:45 pm
"By wagon it is 7 or 8 days from here in Hurst to Elsburg. Traveling up the Mere by keelboat takes another 3 or 4 days to Falkirk. The Cut is an ancient canal that has been reopened and it will take 2 days to navigate it. When we rejoin the Don River it will take another 10 to 12 days to get to Donsford. With a couple of weeks in each town for trading it will take about 8 weeks to get to Donsford and an equal time to return."
Callista watches and listens to their new employer's description quietly and dispassionately until asking with a look down towards the map, "Which parts of the route are the most dangerous?" (pause) "Or troublesome?"

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by Eris »

OOC: Sorry for disappearing for a bit. It started with me waiting for more replies from y'all, and then continued when you didn't and I didn't push things along. My bad! I DO need to give y'all a chance to "shop" before we go. Arms, armor, adventuring gear, potions, spells, etc...so, I'll post that you can shop and we'll get moving toward Goblinton and Elsburg in a day or two.

IG: Merchant Ross nods and shakes hands all around, "Good! Good! The caravan will be departing Hurst tomorrow morning a little after dawn. That gives you this afternoon to do any last minute shopping and settle your bill with the Innkeeper here. We'll gather at the eastern gate tomorrow, get organized and head out."

PS-OOC: Just tell me what you want to buy (use the C&C, BFRPG, D&D books), given your available money, add it to your inventory and deduct it from your money. I doubt I'll object to anything as long as it's genre appropriate...ie. no machine guns, laser pistols, battle armor...;)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:07 pm PS-OOC: Just tell me what you want to buy (use the C&C, BFRPG, D&D books), given your available money, add it to your inventory and deduct it from your money. I doubt I'll object to anything as long as it's genre appropriate...ie. no machine guns, laser pistols, battle armor...;)
Eodrien is happy with her possessions as is..
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by ateno »

I believe Darian is set,but will check.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:07 pm OOC: Sorry for disappearing for a bit. It started with me waiting for more replies from y'all, and then continued when you didn't and I didn't push things along. My bad! I DO need to give y'all a chance to "shop" before we go. Arms, armor, adventuring gear, potions, spells, etc...so, I'll post that you can shop and we'll get moving toward Goblinton and Elsburg in a day or two.

IG: Merchant Ross nods and shakes hands all around, "Good! Good! The caravan will be departing Hurst tomorrow morning a little after dawn. That gives you this afternoon to do any last minute shopping and settle your bill with the Innkeeper here. We'll gather at the eastern gate tomorrow, get organized and head out."

PS-OOC: Just tell me what you want to buy (use the C&C, BFRPG, D&D books), given your available money, add it to your inventory and deduct it from your money. I doubt I'll object to anything as long as it's genre appropriate...ie. no machine guns, laser pistols, battle armor...;)
Des is good.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#28 Post by Darithe »

Magdal will replenish her arrow supply and purchase a few vegetables for the road but is otherwise good.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by ateno »

Darian will buy 3 gold worth of luxury items, a nice pillow, a good blanket, some sweets and a few bottles of a middling wine for the trip, otherwise he is ready to go.

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#30 Post by bobk2323 »

Eris wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:07 pm OOC: Sorry for disappearing for a bit. It started with me waiting for more replies from y'all, and then continued when you didn't and I didn't push things along. My bad! I DO need to give y'all a chance to "shop" before we go. Arms, armor, adventuring gear, potions, spells, etc...so, I'll post that you can shop and we'll get moving toward Goblinton and Elsburg in a day or two.

Callista will buy various personal grooming items (steel mirror, soap, a new comb and hairbrush, and other miscellaneous hygiene items). She'll also tip all of the vendors rather generously, which would leave her with virtually no money left for now.

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by Eris »

The morning is cool and the air is covered in a low lying fog when you gather at the eastern gate. The air is cool, but you can see the sun starting to burn into the fog and it promises to be a bright and warm day.

The families of settlers traveling with you are talking in muted tones, all except the few children who are excited and keep being shushed and told to be still by their mothers. The wagon drivers, on the other hand, are chatting among themselves as they make final checks of their large horses tack and the wagon's wheels and axles and tongues. Many a crude and profane word is said among the teamsters as streams of brown spit discolors the ground around them.

Merchant Ross, mounted atop a prancing white horse waves his hand and the small caravan begins to move forward with creaks and groans from the wagons, shouts and loud clicks and calls from the drivers.

OOC: How do you arrange yourselves within/around the caravan? Who is riding with the goods wagons, who is walking/riding and where are you in relation to the line of wagons?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:20 pm OOC: How do you arrange yourselves within/around the caravan? Who is riding with the goods wagons, who is walking/riding and where are you in relation to the line of wagons?
Eodrien rides in one of the leading wagons, with her heavy crossbow cocked and ready to load.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by ateno »

Eris wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:20 pm OOC: How do you arrange yourselves within/around the caravan? Who is riding with the goods wagons, who is walking/riding and where are you in relation to the line of wagons?
Darrian is planning on riding on the large wagon nearest the family wagons.

He will be friendly with them and use Kazan as a ambassador with the children.

His plan is to befriend the wagoner's and teach them to form a crude circle near the end of his wagon
if there is trouble.

"We are here to guard you, its easier if you are all in the same place, anyone does not wna your lives, just the merchants stuff."

Darian will move the supplies in the rear of the wagon to make a nice seat, facing rear so he can watch the travelers.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:19 am
Eodrien rides in one of the leading wagons, with her heavy crossbow cocked and ready to load.
Between curses at the team of horses and spits of brown tobacco juice off the side of the wagon, the teamster says his name is Paulie. He is short, but with massive shoulders and arms. His face, under his broad brimmed hat is a dark brown and quite wrinkled, but his blue eyes twinkle and his attitude toward Eodrien is friendly if not very talkative.

The caravan emerges from the city gates and passes into the countryside east of the city. The wagons are traveling along an old flagstone paved road toward the rising sun. Of to either side there are farms with fields of what look like tobacco plants growing with people out in them hoeing and otherwise tending them. There are also fields of corn and other crops. Small hamlets set among the fields are evident, sometimes only by plumes of smoke rising from chimneys down behind low rises in the terrain.

Ahead, in the far distance, you see hills rising, perhaps even a low range of mountains. You think it will be a day or two before you reach them at the walking pace the caravan is traveling.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:09 am
Darrian is planning on riding on the large wagon nearest the family wagons.

He will be friendly with them and use Kazan as a ambassador with the children.

His plan is to befriend the wagoner's and teach them to form a crude circle near the end of his wagon
if there is trouble.

"We are here to guard you, its easier if you are all in the same place, anyone does not wna your lives, just the merchants stuff."

Darian will move the supplies in the rear of the wagon to make a nice seat, facing rear so he can watch the travelers.
Darrian and Kazan, especially Kazan, are something of a hit with the settlers' children. The settlers themselves nod in agreement with Darrian when he talks about forming a circle in the evening.

One says, "Yes, the caravan master has told us of this and it makes good sense."

Another asks, "Do you expect trouble before we reach the Bad Lands beyond yon ridge?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by ateno »

Eris wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:46 pm Darrian and Kazan, especially Kazan, are something of a hit with the settlers' children. The settlers themselves nod in agreement with Darrian when he talks about forming a circle in the evening.

One says, "Yes, the caravan master has told us of this and it makes good sense."

Another asks, "Do you expect trouble before we reach the Bad Lands beyond yon ridge?"
"Also if there is a problem while we are traveling we can do the same, like this.

Darrain gets 4 small rocks and 1 larger one and puts them on the ground.

"This is the one I ride[M], theses are yours[s].

M s1 s2 s3 s4

then moves them like this:

.....s1
M ......s3
M......s4
.....s2

"This allows a small area for everyone to hide in while things happen. About the bad lands, I have only been here for a month, but from what I have heard, the ones that were watching the road aren't as dependable as they were. Thats why we are here.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:30 pm "This allows a small area for everyone to hide in while things happen. About the bad lands, I have only been here for a month, but from what I have heard, the ones that were watching the road aren't as dependable as they were. Thats why we are here.
"The Goblins?" says one of the settlers, "Yeah, but they don't come over the mountain range. This side is patrolled by a troop out of Hurst. Once we pass the mountains, and until we reach the coastal range near Elsburg, Goblintown has been patrolling. I understand Master Ross pays them off in barrels of ale and bales of tobacco."

"Once we reach the Old Lighthouse at the top of the coastal range we'll be under the protection of Elsburg."
says another nodding, "We're settling just outside Elsburg. We've been told it's good country for farming and raising dairy cows."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by ateno »

Eris wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:51 pm "Once we reach the Old Lighthouse at the top of the coastal range we'll be under the protection of Elsburg."[/dialog] says another nodding, "We're settling just outside Elsburg. We've been told it's good country for farming and raising dairy cows."
Well I am a fan of fresh vegetables and milk, so I'll be at your table.

Grin and pause for laughter.

"But one step at a time, one step at a time, does anyone have a crossbow or long bow, and if you can use it. And willing to against people coming after you? Does not matter, just curious so I have that info to make decisions later."

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by Darithe »

Magdal will walk along outside the goods wagon keeping an eye on the countryside and her bow at the ready.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:18 pm
Eris wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:51 pm "Once we reach the Old Lighthouse at the top of the coastal range we'll be under the protection of Elsburg."[/dialog] says another nodding, "We're settling just outside Elsburg. We've been told it's good country for farming and raising dairy cows."
Well I am a fan of fresh vegetables and milk, so I'll be at your table.

Grin and pause for laughter.

"But one step at a time, one step at a time, does anyone have a crossbow or long bow, and if you can use it. And willing to against people coming after you? Does not matter, just curious so I have that info to make decisions later."
"Aye!" says one man while another nods. A woman seated on the seat of the wagon behind where you are seated reaches behind her and pulls out a crossbow and adds, "And all of us have spears or swords in case we need to use them."

One of the older children says unwrapping a sling from around his waist where it was being worn like a belt, "We have to protect our cattle, and we're good with these, too."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Silverband (C&C)”