OOC/General

Faanku
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC/General

#241 Post by Enoch »

I've added an image of my character (as well as his avatar) to my character sheet. I can provide the files themselves if you need them.

I'd prefer to build some Links with the other PCs, especially since the group has gotten shaken up. What's the best way to do that? Should I make up new jobs and suggest them as jobs that we may have done together, or basically follow the standard rules for chargen? Will I be advancing the clocks with these jobs?
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#242 Post by Faanku »

Enoch wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:36 pmI'd prefer to build some Links with the other PCs, especially since the group has gotten shaken up. What's the best way to do that? Should I make up new jobs and suggest them as jobs that we may have done together, or basically follow the standard rules for chargen? Will I be advancing the clocks with these jobs?
I think the easiest option is to just pick 1-2 other players and add Links with them. I've not heard anything from Urson since they were added, maybe you can know him and one of the original 2 characters?
Or maybe you'd prefer to add your own Corp entirely and do things as per chargen. I'm sure having another couple of corporations in our Sprawl isn't a bad thing.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#243 Post by Enoch »

I'll ping Urson and see where they're at, and I'll add at least 1 link to an existing player.

My thought right now as to at least one (lower-case) link to the group: I am a big fan of Seoul con Carne!'s food, and hacked into the truck's data storage to download the recipe files (as well as add my favorite add-ons (fermented soybean paste and guajillo chiles) to the base Burritozillaaaaa recipe).

While he's not a member of the Blue Lotus, a lot of his friends are, particularly some ex-military hackers he knows from the Matrix. It's possible that his path has crossed with Salome before as well.

The Armored Fridge I picked up is, I assume, the truck's fridge, which I offered to have upgraded and armored in exchange for being allowed to pal around with you. Rated to withstand a near-miss by an atomic weapon!

Marisu
Scout
Scout

#244 Post by Marisu »

Hey hey, welcome to the group! Hell yeah, these seems like great ideas to me; Fool wouldn't even be mad about waking up one day to additional add-ons, and certainly would appreciate an Armored Fridge. Also I agree with going through Blue Lotus, Fool also has a debt to them so that'd help neatly tie your goblin. Too bad Fenghuang's already almost at midnight, I would have suggested that you helped out in Salome's run against their delivery shipment. Maybe there Blue Lotus had another run, against Horizoonsoft? Could be they needed a citizen's docs erased.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#245 Post by Enoch »

Dokkaebi would absolutely be down for a run against Horizoonsoft, given that he's pretty rabid for any sort of information he can get about their software. Maybe we had to get into one of their branch offices to access a database that wasn't connected to the public Matrix to erase that doc.

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#246 Post by thenewflesh »

While we wait for charsheet submission, shall we finish the scene?

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#247 Post by Faanku »

thenewflesh wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:00 pm While we wait for charsheet submission, shall we finish the scene?
Sorry for the downtime, an unexpectedly hectic weekend occurred.
It seems as if Urson is MIA, so we'll go ahead with 3 players for now.

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#248 Post by thenewflesh »

It looks like we have four players now. (Welcome, Stephen!) What are we waiting for with the second session? Just the end of this scene?

Are my synth nerves back, by the way? You said she spent most of the time hooking them up to the arm. Or is it more of a, they're hooked up but not yet functional, thing.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#249 Post by Faanku »

thenewflesh wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:00 am It looks like we have four players now. (Welcome, Stephen!) What are we waiting for with the second session? Just the end of this scene?

Are my synth nerves back, by the way? You said she spent most of the time hooking them up to the arm. Or is it more of a, they're hooked up but not yet functional, thing.
You're completely fixed up for the next job, yes.

And we're just waiting on the new characters being finalised.
Dokkaebi and Sung-ho can add each other as a link, plus an existing character each. Dokkaebi went with Fool I believe.
Sung-ho needs to pick a target for his Revealing directive too, but other than that I think we're ready to go.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#250 Post by Enoch »

Faanku wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:38 am
thenewflesh wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:00 am It looks like we have four players now. (Welcome, Stephen!) What are we waiting for with the second session? Just the end of this scene?

You're completely fixed up for the next job, yes.

And we're just waiting on the new characters being finalised.
Dokkaebi and Sung-ho can add each other as a link, plus an existing character each. Dokkaebi went with Fool I believe.
Sung-ho needs to pick a target for his Revealing directive too, but other than that I think we're ready to go.
AFAIK my character is done. I updated my links and moved the 2nd link from Salome to Sung-ho Ran, and he and I will figure out what job they worked together on.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#251 Post by Faanku »

Enoch wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:17 pmAFAIK my character is done. I updated my links and moved the 2nd link from Salome to Sung-ho Ran, and he and I will figure out what job they worked together on.
Yeah you're good, and Stephen can just add his links in play. I'll start the new job later today now I have more free time. Thanks for your patience, newflesh/Marisu.

EDIT: And a portrait for the clock too!

Marisu
Scout
Scout

#252 Post by Marisu »

Fool's Edge is at least positive, but she doesn't have any moves to help with it, so I'll pass on the Get the Job roll!

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#253 Post by Enoch »

Same. Sung-Ho has the best modifier at +2.

StephenTarheel
Squire
Squire

#254 Post by StephenTarheel »

Then I'll go for it and make myself useful:)

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#255 Post by Faanku »

StephenTarheel wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:42 pm Then I'll go for it and make myself useful:)
Nice, I added Lee's reply.

A couple of things:
- Make sure you add yourself to the campaign (ID: 880) and choose your character from the drop down menu when rolling. That way your rolls are logged to the game.
- Use the [ dialog ] tag to show when you're speaking, and [ ooc ] tags for out of character. Makes it much easier to see what's being spoken.

Marisu
Scout
Scout

#256 Post by Marisu »

You know what? I'll stake 3 cred 2 cred this time, Funk. I have a good feeling about this one, which will surely not come back to bite me!

EDIT: On second thought, I'll keep the rest in case Fool may need to drop a bribe.

Marisu
Scout
Scout

#257 Post by Marisu »

I have an idea for the operative, Funk

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#258 Post by Enoch »

Go for it

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#259 Post by Faanku »

Yeah last mission was a failure (and you didn't choose to get paid in full on the Get Paid roll ) so your stake is gone.
I need a stake for this run from Sung-ho still, but other than that the ball's in your court. Start making those Moves!

Marisu
Scout
Scout

#260 Post by Marisu »

I could roll to Hit the Streets, but with -1 ongoing on Cormorant it'd have a fair chance of failing, unless anyone wants to aid. Fool's also pretty good with helping, as long as it's by car, if anyone wants to declare a contact.

Return to “Neon Shadows (PbtA: The Sprawl)”