Lionel, Jason, & Mac: Talking with the Mayor
Back @ HQ
September 10, 2018, 9:30 am
Nice out!  Cool and cloudy

Coming from here the Firehouse:
viewtopic.php?p=511089#p511089
Taaz wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:55 pm
Urson wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:41 pm Joker
Yes, Dr. Spangler. We were able to select a specific entity from Containment and release it without breaking containment for any other. We were able to communicate directly with... 'Jack', and were able to release him after transfer to a standard Trap.
There is a note of embarrassment in Joker's voice as he discusses releasing a captured ghost.
I- we- have multiple pages of notes on the J.O.D, and I am organizing them. When I have clean copies of the notes and schematics, I will be glad to transfer them to GBI for your review. He doesn't mention that the schematics are currently spread over two whiteboards, a tabletop, and a pizza box.
Jason sees Joker looking a little flustered and leaned in closer to the phone sensing Jeremy's excitement, Hi, this is Doctor O'Roarke the device is able to tune and filter exo-dimensional energy and allow for really neat minutia in the data recovery process. Dr Jelal's machinery is...honestly extraordinary. And we can totally be in the process for getting all the relevant information together, we just thought it might be prudent to judge the interest in the project. he looks at Joker and raises his eyebrows, There are of course some expenses we would need to recoup, hard ware we had to appropriate, I am sure the both of you know how it goes when your working on a project. And flashes a thumb's up at at Joker.

Scott308 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:40 pm Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

After hanging up, he finds Jason. So, I have an appointment to speak with the mayor just before lunch. As far as he knows, I am going over to talk "business" with him- which technically is true. He does not know you or anyone else is going to be there. I can call back and let him know if you want me to, but I think we should keep that on the down-low until we arrive.
Smart, there was a meeting with the Caddo the other night and I tried to play nice with him, but I've seen Game of Thrones, I'll watch my back. There is something though, wait here a second. Jason heads out and up the stairs narrowly avoiding Julia at her desk, Coming through! to the libray and looks around until he sees a small floral journal in the stack of books, "Definitly need to get in here and organize," he thinks to himself as he skims and reads the journal. Rushing back to Lionel, narrowly missing Julia again, One more time! and goes back to Lionel.

Whew...I gotta come out ruinnig with you more, phew... here check this out, I just remembered it, earlier Etta and I were looking into his honor and these were some of her notes... He huffs out, Check this out, and he hands the Journal to Lionel open to the following:

viewtopic.php?f=976&t=8035

It will take me a little bit to pull everything back together but White hat, he tilts his head, I'll give you three guesses to whos taking our cookies.
Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  214/214 @
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 188/188

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019!
Last edited by Bluehorse on Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Talk Business with The Mayor

#2 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Looking at Etta's notebook, the wheels slowly start turning. So...the mayor owns...almost all of this? he asks, gesturing at the surroundings. We do all the work, and he makes all the money? What happens if we don't make enough money to pay all the bills? Does the mayor have the most to lose, then?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Seems unfair."

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by Taaz »

Definitely unfair. Doesn't look like there's much to do except for asking politely but I can imagine where he would tell us to stick that idea...I mean what do you think he'd want for his shares? Maybe we could hit the lottery but even when those ESP enhancing picowave emitters I was working on didn't give give you a bloody nose and headache they didn't have promising results... I really don't know, Jason looks around, yall got any better ideas?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rex »

With Joker and Roy.

Scott308

#7 Post by Scott308 »

I don't really have any idea. Accounting wasn't my thing. I figured I'd hire a pro when I got drafted, so I didn't even try to learn.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Bluehorse »

Lionel, Jason, & Mac: Talking with the Mayor
The Mayor's Office
September 10, 2018, 10:15 am

Everyone climbs into the Ecto and makes the short drive to City Hall without any problems.  As you enter City Hall, and take the short elevator ride up to the top floor, everything is... well... ordinary.  When they get to the top floor, the same not quite middle-aged secretary looks up and seems to have known you were coming.  Good morning, Gentleman.  Mayor Sanders will be right wi....
Just then The Mayor literally burst through his office double doors with a big smile, cigar in hand, arms wide open.  Nonesense, Nancy! I'm here right now!  Come on in boys! Good to see you.  Nancy, please hold my calls for a bit. We're going to be in a meeting. he manages to say with a smile to which the secretary just nods and resumes her work.

For most of the team, this is your first time in the big office.  It is mostly dark walnut from the shelves to the desk.  All the chairs are leather and the may himself is positioned behind the massive desk covered, though neatly, with stacks of paperwork and a single computer. Behind him is a big window letting in the morning light with a view over the historic district with all the colorful Victorian homes.  (One of which the rest of the team is investigating now.)  There is a humidor on his desk, positioned welcomingly for guest, and four chairs.  His shelves are full of the usual office books and random conversations pieces, such as old football pictures and memorabilia.  There are plenty of football, fishing, and hunting trophies here and there.  A Fancy looking old rod and reel on the wall, a big buck to the left, and surprisingly big hog's head on the right, numerous pictures of the mayor over the years with various people all over.

Mayor Sanders reaches down for a sip of his coffee and smiles a bit.  Get your boys anything? Got water, juice, Nancy just made a fresh pot of coffee, or I have some stuff that is harder if you prefer. he winks.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:Roy O'Dowd: 157/157 @
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  214/214 @

Last edited by Bluehorse on Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by Taaz »

No, thank ya, sir. Im ok Jason declines politely and eyes the others to see if anyone look like they want to speak.

Scott308

#10 Post by Scott308 »

I'll take a water, please, sir. When he gets the water he'll take a sip before he starts talking. As you've no doubt seen on the news, we've been quite busy with ghosts. These jobs pay well, but...ah... He hems and haws a few moments before continuing. Pay well, but after the bills...we're almost broke, sir. It turns out we're paying a LOT of money to investors, and we barely have enough to pay ourselves and keep the lights on. Never mind trying to upgrade equipment or maintenance on the Echo. Embarrassed, he looks down at his hands, unable to meet the Mayor's eyes.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Bluehorse »

Lionel & Jason: Talking with the Mayor
The Mayor's Office
September 10, 2018, 10:20 am

Sorry I keep forgetting that it is only two people here. Herpa-derp

The Mayor settles into his chair with a smile as he listens after Lionel has his drink. Mmmm.... Mmmm Hmmm... That is a pickle, no doubt. So you are saying after an otherwise first month of success you are broke? That won't do. So what expenses have you had? How did you budget your money? Did you check ahead to see what your operations cost was projected for utilities? These things are important. I got it! Unexpected expenses! So tell me, based on what expenses you had this past month compared to what you stand to make this month, could you be back in the black for your expenses?

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:

Last edited by Bluehorse on Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by Taaz »

Our business overhead isn't nearly as big of a problem as investor shares, I understand we are trying to get a return on hard earned money that was invested. But at this rate the golden goose is gonna get cooked.

Scott308

#13 Post by Scott308 »

I know if it wasn't for the investors putting up money, there might not be an Old Fort Ghostbusters, and people need to get paid back, but... He shrugs his shoulders as he trails off.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Bluehorse »

Lionel & Jason: Talking with the Mayor
The Mayor's Office
September 10, 2018, 10:20 am

The Mayor nods and listens, taking a puff off the big cigar as he does. I hear what your saying, boys. You're worried that the business is going to tank before it gets off the ground. Trust me, I deal with a lot of businesses and the first month or two, you always lose a little. Here is what I suggest. Understand what it is you need to make to break even. Shoot for that. Then the next month a little more. You have no shortage of work, right? You have money in your own bank accounts, right? How about that sweet girl we put in there to work the secretary desk? She doing well?
She got paid? Is she doing the work?

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:

Scott308

#15 Post by Scott308 »

Julia? She's great. I honestly don't think we could manage without her. None of us are very good at the things she does; she may be the most important member of the team.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Bluehorse »

Talk continue with a general back and forth like these sorts of things tend to do. Then out of the blue, about the time there is a lull in the conversation as everyone collects their thoughts and the Mayor walks over to a minibar to pour himself something out of a fancy unmarked bottle that is suspiciously clear and water like: You both get a ping on your phones...
Roy: We need backup @ 601 N E Street house is haunted [verified] bring gear!

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Taaz »

Jason looks at the screen, Hmm.. Looks like we will have to table this at the moment, time to make the donuts

Scott308

#18 Post by Scott308 »

Yeah, sorry to cut this short, but the rest of the team is on-site and needs back-up. We gotta go! Still looking at his phone, he forwards the text to Jamie.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by Taaz »

601 N E Street, you know it?

Return to “Mission Archive”