atpollard
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 4

#1 Post by atpollard »

Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 4

[CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGES]

Jacques Bonnet, Remy Hernandez, Mercutio Routledge, Samuel Linkletter, Josephine Baxter-Smith (Studley House)
Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 4: Shift 2: Hour 8:00 [Hamlet of Gwynedd: 45N,25W]

After a long day searching your new house, the group prepared some makeshift sleeping arrangements and slept in their new home to guard its treasure trove of information. Eight bells woke you for the start of Second Shift on day 4 and a wide range of decisions for the day ... starting with where to eat breakfast and make your second decision.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 4

#2 Post by Urson »

Jo
I would like it if the basement storage area could be cleared for use as a workshop. Of course, I won't insist...
FA FO

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by AsenRG »

"As long as there aren't any explosions, it should be possible", Remy shrugged.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Urson »

Jo
Josephine acts mock offended. Explosions? I do not cause explosions. She giggles.
FA FO

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by AsenRG »

Remy smiles as well.
"I said no name, Miss Josephine",
he bows curtly.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Zhym »

"Would this workshop be available for others to use?" asks Routledge, perking up.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Urson »

Jo
As we have purchased the house together, the workshop will be available to everyone. Please clean up after yourself, and put the tools back where they belong.
FA FO

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Jacques

"I vote for the Grogg and Tankard for breakfast. We need to have a chat anyway."

"Then there is the matter of the arsonist. Before we leave, I feel we should stabilize things here." He pauses for a bit, then: "Unless we are the destabilizing force. That book would bring trouble wherever it is thought to be."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Urson »

Jo
The book is securely hidden, I take it? NO- don't tell me where! A wise man once said, "Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." If things turn ugly, I cannot be made to tell what I do not know.
FA FO

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 4: Shift 2: Hour 1:30

#10 Post by atpollard »

Jacques Bonnet, Remy Hernandez, Mercutio Routledge, Samuel Linkletter, Josephine Baxter-Smith (Grogg and Tankard)
Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 4: Shift 2: Hour 1:30 [Hamlet of Gwynedd: 45N,25W]

Breakfast and some small talk completed, you have time to question the Arsonist before pursuing an activity for the remainder of Shift 2.
A sample of possibilities include ...
  • The tunnel in the barn
  • Repair the boat
  • Clean and furnish the House
  • Explore what Remy saw in the water.
  • Research the Pirate Treasure.
  • Visit the TAS Lighthouse.
  • Something else that interests you.
[The Book is assumed to be well hidden somewhere in the house.]

So what are your questions for the prisoner?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Urson »

Jo
Jo returns to the salvage job, working on anything she can find that will help repair the steamer the group is re-floating (without making installing the new boiler more difficult). She's stubborn, and will likely risk re-injuring herself.
FA FO

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by ffilz »

Urson wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:16 pm Jo
Jo returns to the salvage job, working on anything she can find that will help repair the steamer the group is re-floating (without making installing the new boiler more difficult). She's stubborn, and will likely risk re-injuring herself.
Doc Linkletter will issue lots of warnings, but acknowledge the independent spirit and compassionately offer some suggestions on how to do the work and how to provide some additional support to her body to make injury less likely.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by atpollard »

Jacques Bonnet, Remy Hernandez, Mercutio Routledge, Samuel Linkletter, Josephine Baxter-Smith (Grogg and Tankard)
Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 4: Shift 3: Hour 6:15 [Hamlet of Gwynedd: 45N,25W]

(If someone thinks of something specific, we can come back to it. Until then, let’s move time along.)

The party divided the bulk of their time and efforts between the New House and work on the New Boat.

THE HOUSE:
At the new house, the Basement has been cleaned and fully equipped as a workshop. This in turn has allowed the First Floor to be cleared and readied for use as an actual dwelling. The Library has been sorted and items like old captain’s journals stored on the second floor. The Kitchen has been properly equipped for cooking rather than chemistry and the parlor and dining area can perform their intended functions. The house still has only one working Bedroom (first floor) with the second floor needing all of the “stuff” sorted and/or disposed of to clear the rooms for use.

THE BOAT:
The roof of the boat above the boiler has been disassembled and covered with a tarp. The boat is ready to receive the new boiler. With only two days to the peak of High Tide, the boat is floating free of the island and the hull is all patched and sound. With the boat free, you were able to test and repair the rudder and steering and rig a makeshift sail to bring the boat back to the house and anchor it just offshore from the house. Jo cannot finish testing and adjusting the engine until she has a boiler to provide it with steam.

SUPPER:
During a celebratory supper at the Grogg and Tankard, some sort of commotion coming from the Kitchen caught your attention. When guards from the Manor arrived and headed to the back, you suspected that the matter was serious. When Lord Baldwin himself arrived, there was no doubt that something serious had happened.

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by AsenRG »

Remy was working on the house this day. He is still sneezing from the dust in those books, and is now wondering why people assume librarians are flimsy. They withstand a huge number of books everyday, and most do it without sneezing like the warrior who isn't used to them!

Then he sees the guards, and asks a more friendly-looking serving maid about the commotion.
"Hey, what's the matter? Do you need any - hic - help over there?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Urson »

Jo
But, my dear doctor, surely there is some method of sealing a wound like this- We're losing time! I must get down to that boiler!

Jo sees the commotion building, but chooses to stay back for a change. She loosens her pistol in its holster, but doesn't draw it.
FA FO

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by ffilz »

Urson wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:53 pm Jo
But, my dear doctor, surely there is some method of sealing a wound like this- We're losing time! I must get down to that boiler!

Jo sees the commotion building, but chooses to stay back for a change. She loosens her pistol in its holster, but doesn't draw it.
Well I do have some ideas. We sometimes had to deal with this sort of thing shipboard...

Linkletter will make eye contact with the staff expecting someone to come over and let us know what's going on back there. I figure the staff is well aware that Linkletter is very sympathetic to Gottard.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by atpollard »

Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 4: Shift 3: Hour 6:20 [Hamlet of Gwynedd: 45N,25W]

The group learned that the source of the commotion was a robbery … and a mysterious robbery at that. There is only one door in and out of the Cellar of the Grogg and Tankard and nobody has gone in or out. Yet someone has stolen ten bottles of rare wine from within a locked room in the cellar. The stolen wine is worth many thousands of Credits.

“No one can figure out how it was stolen.”
the waitress whispered.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Urson »

Jo
Well I do have some ideas. We sometimes had to deal with this sort of thing shipboard...
grumble mutter growl grumble.
FA FO

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Jacques

"Bottles of wine, stolen you say. How dastardly." It's unclear if the nobleman is joking or not, but the serious look on his face makes it clear that the loss of rare wine is no laughing matter.

"Yet another setback for M. Gottard, I fear. We should offer any help we can, I think."

Jacques gets up and moves to the kitchen.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Urson »

Jo
During her enforced downtime, Josephine will work on designs for some concealed storage space in the new ship- places where small amounts of high-value goods can be stored and hidden from pirates. These would include small closets behind false walls and extra "piping" that doesn't actually serve a purpose in the engine room.
FA FO

Return to “Wild West Waterworld (Classic Traveller)”