Quest #31 "Jungle Beaver"

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #31 "Jungle Beaver"

#361 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

"Thank you, Miss Lerrick. I will need assistance each morning with mending Crestbrook's limbs."

"Oh, Mr. Gramble!" Andron retrieves Withering Venom from his pack and a large (100GP) pearl from a belt pouch. He offers these to the fighter. "Seeing as we now know what it does, would you prefer to save your pearl? I can attempt to identify another property, though."

Here's the daily agenda I have for Andron:
23rd of Goodmonth
Mend Crestbrook's legs.

24th of Goodmonth
Mend Crestbrook's arms.

25th of Goodmonth
Mend Crestbrook's head.
Mix the pink powder with the faerie tear solution.
Identify mixture.
Use mixture on Crestbrook's statue (celebrate?)

26th of Goodmonth
Spell research.

27th of Goodmonth
Spell research.

28th of Goodmonth
Spell research.

1st of Harvester
Identify Band of Fools.
Identify Shedding Strike.

2nd of Harvester
Identify Green Manalishi.
Identify Pink Potion(?)
Last edited by Quonundrum on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:47 am, edited 7 times in total.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#362 Post by OGRE MAGE »

XP reward is posted.

viewtopic.php?p=521831#p521831

I cant make sense of the "next level" XP amounts on some of your sheets, so I'm not sure if any of your characters leveled.

Can you check those and bring them up to date for me if necessary please?

Thanks!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by wolfpack »

Gramble takes the holy water sprinkler

keep the pearl for the group use

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

"Thank you, Mr. Gramble! That is most generous of you. In fact, I will hand this to Miss Lerrick, as she had donated all three of her pearls to help Sir Crestbrook and I've already used two."

Andronichishche offers the 100 GP pearl to the cleric of Pelor. "Here you are, Miss Lerrick. If the powder works, Sir Crestbrook will be in both your debts! Or, if you prefer, I can use it to identify one of your potions. I would suggest the pink liquid."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#365 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

I altered Andron's daily plan to group related work. So, looking at 8 days in town. The first three to finish fixing Cresty's statue and hopefully restore him.

viewtopic.php?p=521757#p521757

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#366 Post by OGRE MAGE »

All players should keep in mind that they don't necessarily need to remain idle because of another's schedule.

If the rest of the group, or any of its parts, would like to tackle another job, mission, adventure, or anything else, that is fine with me.

I have no idea how long it will take to process through 8 days of Andron's downtime, but the idea of making 5 other characters wait around for what might be several days or weeks of real time until that is done doesn't sit well with me.

I am definitely not trying to discourage all the things he wants to do, but please keep in mind that your characters are free to act on their own in that time gap.

Also remember that things are NEVER static for very long on BSI. :twisted:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#367 Post by OGRE MAGE »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:14 pm interlude:

At some point in time, Alordan tries to set up the cabin again as a base for the Fellowship to rest inside while in town.

To his utter shock, the command word does not activate the cube and the cabin does not appear. :? :shock:
ravenn4544 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:47 am Alordan now back in town is a little distracted by the fact that his new magical cabin didn't work when he tried it again. Completely unfamiliar with these types of things, he'll first try to activate the hut away from others the following day. Maybe it only works once a day? I can see that happening, ya know, open at the end of the day for tired travelers. Or those haunted by bugs and other crazy things in the jungle?
With a little common sense ingenuity and experimentation, the next morning Alordan finds that his magic cabin does indeed only activate once per 24 hour period.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by Jernau35 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:02 pm All players should keep in mind that they don't necessarily need to remain idle because of another's schedule.

If the rest of the group, or any of its parts, would like to tackle another job, mission, adventure, or anything else, that is fine with me.
Maag has a couple of ideas. BUT he's also been the group leader for the last two expeditions. I definitely DO NOT want to hog that position. I'd rather somebody else got that sweet 250xp bonus this time. :D I'm going to keep Maag's pie hole closed for now.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by Quonundrum »

Simple survey missions can be relatively quick. Explore one or more of the nearby unexplored hexes. 100 XP per hex bonus.

viewtopic.php?p=366477#p366477

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by ravenn4544 »

Is there an updated map of the complete island available possibly?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#371 Post by OGRE MAGE »

ravenn4544 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:38 am Is there an updated map of the complete island available possibly?
The one Q just linked is pretty close to everything that has been revealed so far. (with the exception of what the others out right now are still doing)

I will update that as soon as they are back to town and can spread the word about what they found.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#372 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

The cleric is fine assisting Andron with the work he has going (following the timeline)
Quonundrum wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:15 pm AndronichishcheAndronichishche offers the 100 GP pearl to the cleric of Pelor. "Here you are, Miss Lerrick. If the powder works, Sir Crestbrook will be in both your debts! Or, if you prefer, I can use it to identify one of your potions. I would suggest the pink liquid."
Let's try to revive the fallen paladin

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by Jernau35 »

A survey mission sounds like a good one for Tlachtga. Searching for new species.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by Rex »

Agreed, its on my to do next list once I get my new friend established a bit more.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#375 Post by OGRE MAGE »

kruk wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:21 am Lerrick

The cleric is fine assisting Andron with the work he has going (following the timeline)

[quote=Quonundrum post_id=521919 time=<a href="tel:1608322538">1608322538</a> user_id=3105]
AndronichishcheAndronichishche offers the 100 GP pearl to the cleric of Pelor. "Here you are, Miss Lerrick. If the powder works, Sir Crestbrook will be in both your debts! Or, if you prefer, I can use it to identify one of your potions. I would suggest the pink liquid."
Let's try to revive the fallen paladin
[/quote]

Kruk: Check your private thread and the Everyday Life thread for progression on this. Thanks!

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

For brevity, this is directed to Tlachtga, but communicated at the Stronghold so everyone else in the Fellowship could overhear.

"Miss Tlachtga, a moment of your time, if you please. It's a longer conversation on how I stumbled upon this, but during recent spell research I detected an extraordinarily intelligent mind on or about the treehouse tavern. Quite frankly, it knocked me unconscious when I sensed it. I accounted for those in the tavern and the tree itself. I'm fairly certain the tree is somehow involved, though. How does it survive on a sandy beach where all else fails to grow? Whatever it is hasn't shown itself to be hostile so I'm not particularly concerned at the moment. Perhaps you could examine the tree for anything unusual?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Very interesting, I haven't ever really thought about the tree much, but you are correct it is in an unusual spot. I will take a look at it. Ideally I would be able to use Speak with Plants, but I am unable to call on that kind of power yet."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#378 Post by OGRE MAGE »

With no magical means to commune with the arboreal wonder, Tlachtga notices the same things as Andron does about it.

It seems to be alive, though the druid wouldn't exactly say the tree looked overly heathy. She too wonders how could it survive here in this less than adequate soil, and ponders how it might have started growing here in the first place. Looking around at the rest of the jungle, none of the investigators sees another tree anything like it.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#379 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Can she tell what plant type it is? She just gained the Innate power, Identification of Plant Type.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#380 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Calling on her newly learned power to identify the specie of Treehouse tree, the druid is slightly confused by her results.

She cant be certain, due to the abnormal circumstances surrounding it, but the druid believes the tree is from the Yew or Taxaceae family.

This does little to answer their questions or quell her curiosity about it however.

Return to “Completed Missions”