Book 1 Chapter 2: The Azur Oasis

Valdus
Valdus
Guide
Guide

Book 1 Chapter 2: The Azur Oasis

#1 Post by Valdus »

Bountiful and plentiful is what the ancient and traders said of this desert marvel. A large pool dominates an area about a quarter a league across. It would be large if not for the giant dome just next to the lake. The sky shimmers such a lush blue that it almost turns yellow. Marvelous birds flock in the tropical trees, worthy of a serene and powerful song. There does not seem to be any signs of terrestrial life, but anything is possible.

The lake is, without a doubt, inviting.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Book 1 Chapter 2: The Azur Oasis

#2 Post by Starbeard »

Flambo promptly dismounts and guides his horse to the water's edge. He slakes his thirst, then tethers the horse to a tree so that it can continue drinking while he stretches his legs and looks over the dome in the distance. Are there obvious entrances in view, and how large? Enough to bring the mounts through?

"The sun looks high in the sky, but I wonder if we should make camp ahead of time so that we have something to return to in the evening. We may not have the energy after our explorations, and it would unburden us any thought about what to do with the animals."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by tibbius »

Yobble assents. "However, I have little with which to make camp."
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Leitz »

Arlen nodded. "Make camp, scout a little, and plan."

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by NJWilliam »

Ulrich

”Yes, let’s set what camp we have first.”
How much time has passed for purposes of Ulrich regaining his strength?
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Valdus
Guide
Guide

#6 Post by Valdus »

Toward the sun a massive dome dominates the Azur Oasis. The lake, cool and without a visible current eases across the soft tropical landscape. All seems bright and inviting, though the sun appears to be setting fast.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Starbeard »

"No time like the present."

Flambo sets about making camp close to the dome. If there's still daylight afterwards, he takes a ride around the dome to take note of the possible entrances.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by tibbius »

Yobble quenches his thirst at the lakeside. He has neither tent nor blanket, relying on his sturdy dwarfen nature to withstand the chill of desert nights. When he's refreshed, he stomps over toward the mysterious dome in Flambo's tracks.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Tales of the Troll Company (Tunnels & Trolls, 5th)”