Chapter 2: Sharp Edge of Day

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Chapter 2: Sharp Edge of Day

#1 Post by tibbius »

You gather at the palace offices in the forenoon consider that you've had a Long Rest, and find the place bustling with a dozen distracted officials conferring quietly but urgently. Absent-mindedly, the same gray-haired scribe who so testily read the will to you yesterday hands over a copy today.
I, Akhtesh Behruz, being sound of mind and well-disposed to those whom I have served, do hereby bequeath my estate to the following in certain manner, by this will to be read one month after my death:
To Ishbak, clever of mind and hand:
my personal equipment and a tenth part the value of my warehoused goods

To Xara, my special friend:
those garments she has worn for me and a tenth part the value of my warehoused goods

To Lathi, whose wisdom enriched me:
the upper room of my house in the Residential District, for his life, and a tenth part the value of my warehoused goods

To Og, who served:
whatsoever he can carry from my warehoused goods, before they are auctioned.
My goods to be auctioned a month and three days after my death, the proceeds not bequeathed to individuals named herein shall be divided evenly between the Yadar Temple and any who claim descent from my loins within three months after my death.
"We're busy today," she says curtly, and turns immediately away.

What do you do?
Last edited by tibbius on Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 2: Sharp Edge of Day

#2 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Xara

Xara takes the offered will and thanks the rude scribe. "Thank you. It looks like you are indeed busy. Is there a problem?" She starts to appear agitated. "Wait! Is it about the warehouse? What happened!? Is everything still there!?" She raises her voice a bit. "I don't trust that Jabdar. Did he do something? And those guards were always sleeping!"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Lathi

"When do we get our share of the warehouse?"

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#4 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak Arus

Now that we have this, we should be able to go to the warehouse and gain entrance, so that we may help Og select his rightful property.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by tibbius »

The scribe turns back toward you, looking sharply toward Xara. "Guildmaster Laugra is missing," she answers. Her tone is not calm and level. "The news is spreading across the city, and all of his counterparties are calling for copies of their contracts."
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by tibbius »

Indeed, a pair of brightly-robed and bronze-skinned Nabastissean traders stride into the offices as you parlay with the scribe. They jostle you unnecessarily as they push forward to engage the group of officials in an urgent repartee. "Laugra!" you hear and "storage fees!" Long straight swords hang at their hips. The hilts of their swords are wrapped in silver wire, and their sandals have jewels.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#7 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak Arus

We should go, Ishbak says quietly to his companions. We don't want to be here if there is going to be trouble. He begins inching toward the door.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

Lathi

Lathi follows suit and begins to move towards the door.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Xara

Xara nods and moves to exit. Once clear of the crowd, she speaks her mind. "Let's hurry over to the warehouse, who knows what chaos is going on over there."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

Lathi

"Good idea, this place is organized chaos on a good day"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by ravenn4544 »

Og follows - eager to get his share. "Should we stop and get a cart? It said all I could carry - it didn't specific how i could carry my share out, eh?" He smirks.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by tibbius »

How much money do you have among you all? It's 15 gold crowns to buy a cart or 12 silver swords to hire one with a mule for the day.

As you move through the streets of Trades toward the warehouses, a stubble-faced bald man stumbles forth from an alley. His clothes are mudstained and untidy and he reeks of cheap palm wine. "Vonn!" he slurs, gripping Og's arm. "I'm glad to see you! I promise what I'll pay. But for now, I've got a good rumor for your ears..." he trails off, hiccupping.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rex »

Lathi doesn't have any coins at all.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by ravenn4544 »

Og doesn't either...... i figure we just head to the warehouse then. Don't think we have time to steal one :)

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by tibbius »

As Og shakes off the drunkard's grip, the man profoundly belches. Then: "Ahhh, fuck you, Vonn ... you'll wish you'd heard my news!" and he slumps away back toward the alley.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by ravenn4544 »

Og darts after the degenerate vagabond and grabs his arm in return, "patience you speck! It's been a busy day! What rumor do you have to share for and old friend, eh?"

OOC: I totally missed that initial post you had!

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Xara

Xara is used to drunken men grabbing at people so she doesn't even flinch when Og is waylaid. "Friend of yours, Vonn?"

Xara has 15g, apparently. Renting a cart sounds good.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by tibbius »

Once we resolve the drunkard's rumor, we can easily get to a rental place and spend 12 silvers to rent the cart and mule.

"Eh," slurs the drunkard, "wait a moment - you ain't Vonn! ... but," he adds with a cunning sneer, "I'll share a rumor for a price."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by ravenn4544 »

Og glares in impatience and grabs the mans arm harder, and rattle his sword, while bring his disfigured and scarred face close to the man, "a price!?! How about I let you live, Fool! Speak!"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by tibbius »

"Eee ..." says the drunkard. He clears his throat and blinks with uncertain concern at Og's grim snarling visage. It seems like sobriety is creeping on his fuddled brain. "Eh ... yeah. Um. So have you heard, Guildmaster Laugra was embeshling from the Handlers? Seems someone fund out. Heesh gone!" He tries with no success to shake the barbarian's grip.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “World of Xoth (5e)”