OOC Thread

jdluna
Guide
Guide

Re: OOC Thread

#81 Post by jdluna »

Just a note, I'm just being difficult in this due to the character, I've always been agreeable and I have never played a wizard so I'm trying to make it interesting. The other game I'm in is Barrowmaze where we are actually all grave robbers, so I don't have any real aversion to grave robbing.

If it gets too obnoxious, let me know.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#82 Post by mithrandir138 »

jdluna wrote:Just a note, I'm just being difficult in this due to the character, I've always been agreeable and I have never played a wizard so I'm trying to make it interesting. The other game I'm in is Barrowmaze where we are actually all grave robbers, so I don't have any real aversion to grave robbing.

If it gets too obnoxious, let me know.
I have no problems with what you are doing at all. I was just making sure that this wasn't personal frustration manifesting through your roleplay :) (which is fine, too)

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#83 Post by Mondego »

If there is nothing but bones in the hole we can return all of the bones to the earth and provide a proper burial.

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#84 Post by Mondego »

Once the Barbarian reaches the other side, if he can secure his end, those with lower STR/DEX can use the rope to aid in their crossing.

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#85 Post by jdluna »

Do we have an idea how deep this crossing is?

moorcrys
Strider
Strider

#86 Post by moorcrys »

Back from vacation and it looks like I missed all the fun. :lol:

River with slippery rocks is not Embiri's forte. I will happily defer to the outdoorsmen/women of the group.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#87 Post by Dogma »

I suggest we build a raft to ferry all our packs across. Tomas can ride on top of it with his bow to keep watch while we cross. :D

moorcrys
Strider
Strider

#88 Post by moorcrys »

Good suggestion about a raft for our belongings.

And I definitely appreciate a rope across the river to cling to as I cross.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by Blazeguard »

Yes, building a raft is a great idea. Filibert should be able to help in that regard. Are we going to try and cut down some trees or what?

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#90 Post by mithrandir138 »

Opinion/temperature check: How's everyone doing? Having fun? Any suggestions about the game? I want to make sure everyone is enjoying themselves, so let me know either via PM or the Suggestion Box if you have any gripes or suggestions. I want to keep the communication/feedback going, so I may do this from time to time.

I know we haven't had a single combat yet, but that's just how it has played out so far. Fear not, there will be battles to fight and treasure to be had.

I wanted to use the river fording exercise to encourage teamwork and dialog -- It looks like you guys are starting to strategize, and that's a good thing :) Keep it up!

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#91 Post by Mondego »

Does Arot make it across without incident?

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by mithrandir138 »

Mondego wrote:Does Arot make it across without incident?
Sorry, I thought I posted something about this and I hadn't -- that is now fixed.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#93 Post by Dogma »

[quote="Blazeguard"]Yes, building a raft is a great idea. Filibert should be able to help in that regard. Are we going to try and cut down some trees or what?[/quote

The river appears to be 40-45 feet wide at this point, and 3-6 feet deep, depending on the rocks. There are rocks jutting up along the banks where the river appears to widen and there are the normal pieces wooden debris you would expect that have gathered against around the northern side of the rocks (kept there by the southern flow of the river.)

we might be able to use the pieces of drift wood already along the river.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#94 Post by mithrandir138 »

Man, that was brutal. I don't normally do this, but here's the description of the crocodile from Monster's and Treasure so you guys are seeing that I am doing this "by the book":

Code: Select all

Combat: Crocodiles stalk their prey by approaching slowly under water. They blend perfectly with their environment and almost always surprise an opponent. They attack with a sudden lunge, grab their victims, pull them into the water and attempt to drown them.
Since there was a surprise round, and there is such a size difference between a halfling and a human there really was no way to avoid him being dragged into the water. There isn't normally any way to break free from the crocodile, but I added the grapple attack (the normal rule for getting out of a grapple) because I would like to give Filbert a fighting chance.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#95 Post by mithrandir138 »

Explanation of the dogs:

During character creation Blazeguard and I discussed backstory in PM. He had floated the idea that Filbert had: "At some point he found and rescued a bear (or other animal or person even) from a trap and nursed it/them back to health. Unbeknownst to him a special bond was formed and since he released the animal it has shadowed him, determined to do whatever they can to protect him."

We decided on a Blink Dog and decided to keep this part secret, because I had an idea of how to reveal it to the party. This is what you are seeing now. It was just serendipity that Filbert is almost becoming crocodile food. I had originally thought that the dog would reveal himself with the graverobbers :)

I love it when a plan comes together.

Lesson: Always work on your backstory and put effort into the character. It will fuel the DM and possibly soften their cutthroat ways when the chips are down :)

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#96 Post by Dogma »

Tomas would like to add that as a youth he rescued and raised a baby dragon..... :D

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#97 Post by mithrandir138 »

Dogma wrote:Tomas would like to add that as a youth he rescued and raised a baby dragon..... :D

moorcrys
Strider
Strider

#98 Post by moorcrys »

Hah looks like I've distracted the dogs. Is anyone attacking these crocs or should I cut and run? :lol:

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#99 Post by Mondego »

While being dragged by the crocodiles what actions can a PC take? Can he still attack or is he solely trying to escape the grip of the beast?

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#100 Post by NJWilliam »

Mondego wrote:While being dragged by the crocodiles what actions can a PC take? Can he still attack or is he solely trying to escape the grip of the beast?
Same question, what actions (or combination) are possible in one round - (1) attempt escape from crocodile's grasp; (2) barbarian intimidate; and (3) attack?

Thanks.

By the way, Arot is having lots of fun.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Return to “C&C - A0: The Rising Knight”