OOC - Welcome and Chat #2

atpollard
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

OOC - Welcome and Chat #2

#1 Post by atpollard »

There was some advice somewhere about not letting a topic get too long, so I thought it a good time to start a new OOC Topic.

Well some of the plot threads that seemed completely random have started to flow together.
Has the adventure been about what you expected? :)
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC - Welcome and Chat #2

#2 Post by ffilz »

I'm not sure I've managed to hold all the details together in my head, but I'm loving the campaign so far.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Urson »

As Sister Daisy Broadfoot would say: Bless your heart! Raht now, we're a bunch of wet cats in a burlap sack- ever'body tryin to run their own direction. We'll get it figgered out, sugar.
(Sister Daisy's a Halfling Cleric who sounds like she grew up 10 miles south of Atlanta, GA.)
FA FO

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Urson »

As for the 'boat'- I don't remember where the group left off in the attempts to refit and re-float the steamer we found/salvaged.
FA FO

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by atpollard »

Urson wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:02 pm As for the 'boat'- I don't remember where the group left off in the attempts to refit and re-float the steamer we found/salvaged.
You were going to salvage one of the boilers from the sunken wreck to replace the destroyed boiler on your boat.
The Salvage Boat needed the crane repaired before you could use it.
You had discussed several ideas for pumping air into the boiler to float it to the surface.

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by AsenRG »

Not quite what I was expecting, but that was due to me not having much knowledge of steampunk :).
That's not to say I don't like it. Quite the opposite would be true, in fact!
I was vaguely cautious that the game would indeed be what I expected and only joined because I've played with you before and trusted you, with good reason, to make it fun ;)!

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Urson »

That's where I thought we were. Thanks.
FA FO

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Urson »

AFA the house- Jo is otherwise busy, but would definitely like to contribute to the purchase. If someone sends a runner to talk to her, she'll gladly write a note to that effect.
FA FO

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by atpollard »

Urson wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:10 pm AFA the house- Jo is otherwise busy, but would definitely like to contribute to the purchase. If someone sends a runner to talk to her, she'll gladly write a note to that effect.
I figured as much.
IIRC Jo has something like CR 100K from the Salvage of the Engine in the Bank. (You didn't write it on the Character sheet).

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Urson »

That's because I've been too lazy to go back through the posts and figure out what her actual bankroll is.
FA FO

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by atpollard »

Urson wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:56 pm That's because I've been too lazy to go back through the posts and figure out what her actual bankroll is.
I completely understand the feeling. :)

OK, so Josephine started out with Cr 700 cash, earned Cr 53,000 for the salvaged Engine, and earned another Cr 2000 for selling the salvaged Wine. She then purchased the Studley Master Tool Set for Cr -1300. That gives Jo a current balance of Cr 54,400 in the local bank.

Studley Master Tool Set (Cr 2000, 150 lbs, 4.0 cu.ft.): A complete set of 300 woodworking, machinist and stonemasonry tools to support any activity requiring Mechanical-2 skill ... packed in a custom 9"x20"x38" oak clamshell box adorned with rosewood, ebony, pearl and ivory.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Monsieur Rose »

How does the cost of living work in a group living situation like this?
If Jacques lives at a soc 13 rating, wouldn't that also give perks to those he lives with?

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by atpollard »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:26 pm How does the cost of living work in a group living situation like this?
If Jacques lives at a soc 13 rating, wouldn't that also give perks to those he lives with?
I would think that would be a YES and NO type of answer. For example, the house has multiple bedrooms, but only one small single bed because the previous owner cared nothing about where he slept. So the group needs to furnish their bedrooms. SOC 3 has the option to purchase an inexpensive cot and use one of the chests to store clothes and serve as a table and be completely appropriate to living at SOC 3, while Jacques at SOC D would be expected to properly furnish his bedroom with antique furniture appropriate to his station. Clothing, likewise, will can vary from individual to individual. Jo can wear work coveralls that would be completely inappropriate for Jacques.

On the other hand, Jacques will not be eating hard tack soaked in coffee, so the entire group will probably be enjoying better meals with Jacques than they would have had without him. Jacques may also feel inclined to furnish the public areas of the house for the comfort of all, so all would benefit from that.

Anyone can CHOOSE to spend and live at any social level ... think of the ‘Gansta’ thugs with gold jewelry and expensive cars, or Howard Hughes dressed like a homeless man and living like a recluse. The Credits reflect what spending supports what is EXPECTED at that SOC.

So far in the game, I have tended to push tabs for meals and rooms onto Jacques because he has the largest daily budget to absorb them without having to count Credits. Just as a point of interest, Jacques probably also has revenue from his Title and Holdings, but you made it clear at the start that Jacques had sort of lost contact with his estates. So the money is back in France dealing with your estate until you restore contact to access any of it.

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by AsenRG »

And I admit that I'm totally unclear on how much Remy owns. It's mostly liquid funds anyway, but he benefits from being close to Jacques.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by atpollard »

AsenRG wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:38 pm And I admit that I'm totally unclear on how much Remy owns. It's mostly liquid funds anyway, but he benefits from being close to Jacques.
Cr 13,000 at the start of the game, so subtract your share of the house and whatever you intend to spend based on SOC for the next 40 days (or talk Jacques into paying it) ;)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Jacques would feel like he is responsible for feeding everyone properly. He will also furnish the public areas to the level he would deem proper, now that the house is partially his.

He will also foot the bill for furnishing everyone's rooms as desired.
atpollard wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:13 pm So far in the game, I have tended to push tabs for meals and rooms onto Jacques because he has the largest daily budget to absorb them without having to count Credits. Just as a point of interest, Jacques probably also has revenue from his Title and Holdings, but you made it clear at the start that Jacques had sort of lost contact with his estates. So the money is back in France dealing with your estate until you restore contact to access any of it.
That works for me.

So overall, Jacques will provide food and service at soc D. He will furnish the public areas at the same level. He offers to furnish other rooms as people see fit, but not above soc D.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Zhym »

Oh, hey! It's a new OOC thread! I guess it's about time I came by to check it out.

Sorry if I've been absent lately. I got a new job, and although I'm working from home for now, it's a government job, so I'm being extra scrupulous about not logging in here during business hours that are funded by you, the taxpayer.

Routledge is prone to trying to live above his station. He's at SOC 3. What would be a likely SOC living expense level for a guttersnipe turned doctor with airs of pretension?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Urson »

Thanks for the breakdown on Jo's finances. I'll try and keep up with it from here.
FA FO

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by AsenRG »

atpollard wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:15 am
AsenRG wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:38 pm And I admit that I'm totally unclear on how much Remy owns. It's mostly liquid funds anyway, but he benefits from being close to Jacques.
Cr 13,000 at the start of the game, so subtract your share of the house and whatever you intend to spend based on SOC for the next 40 days (or talk Jacques into paying it) ;)
Thank you!
Hey, monsieur Jacques, there's a small bill your future minister of war has received :D!
Last edited by AsenRG on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Monsieur Rose »

But of course. :D

Return to “Wild West Waterworld (Classic Traveller)”