First Night

ybn1197
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

Re: First Night

#101 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

Julia watches as William and Odin follow the other pair into the hotel, despite David's suggestion that he and Leo handle the transaction. Shaking her head slightly, she decides it might be a good idea to take a minute to get the lay of the land before joining them. She circles the outside of the hotel, making note of the number of exits, the buildings next door, the accessibility of the alleyways and getting an idea of any good escape routes if they need to make a quick getaway. As she sets out, the hunger in her gut is inescapable. She wonders if she'll run into anyone and what she'll do if she does.

Once she's finished, Julia will head into the hotel.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by shaidar »

Leo

With the sound of the receptionist's heartbeat pounding in his ears, Leo is desperate to get out of public view before he loses control.

He calls out "Hey, what's the problem, people waiting here. Give the man a room"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

David looks around the lobby checking for anyone lingering and notes the elevator and stairs. He notices the manager's heart rate has picked up after seeing William.

He walks up beside William and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Don't mind him. He's had a rough night. Not everyone can tolerate absinthe and shrooms." He pulls out his wallet and shows some money. "I need two rooms. I'll give you 300 for the pair if you stop asking questions."

The pounding of the man's heart is even louder up close...

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by ybn1197 »

Gremlin wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:59 pm Julia
Julia watches as William and Odin follow the other pair into the hotel, despite David's suggestion that he and Leo handle the transaction. Shaking her head slightly, she decides it might be a good idea to take a minute to get the lay of the land before joining them. She circles the outside of the hotel, making note of the number of exits, the buildings next door, the accessibility of the alleyways and getting an idea of any good escape routes if they need to make a quick getaway. As she sets out, the hunger in her gut is inescapable. She wonders if she'll run into anyone and what she'll do if she does.

Once she's finished, Julia will head into the hotel.
From the front of the building, there is an alley on the left side. Fire-escapes cover the alley side from each floor above the first (4 total floors plus the roof.) There is a fire exit on the ground floor. The opposite side is attached to another building. Circling to the back, you find the same setup, smaller fire-escapes to cover each floor above ground and a regular fire exit at ground level.
Monsieur Rose wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:36 pm David

David looks around the lobby checking for anyone lingering and notes the elevator and stairs. He notices the manager's heart rate has picked up after seeing William.

He walks up beside William and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Don't mind him. He's had a rough night. Not everyone can tolerate absinthe and shrooms." He pulls out his wallet and shows some money. "I need two rooms. I'll give you 300 for the pair if you stop asking questions."

The pounding of the man's heart is even louder up close...
The man's jaw practically becomes unhinged looking at the roll of cash in David's wallet. "$300? Whatever you say Kemo Sabe. If there is anything else you want, all you have to do is ask. I can get it for you. No questions asked." He hands over keys to 2 of the rooms on the top floor.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#105 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

As she pads around the building, Julia is feeling anxious though she isn't sure why. Her goal is only to scout the area but part of her keeps hoping she runs across a person in one of the alleys. When she can focus past the ever-present hunger, her senses seem wired, like they've been overtuned beyond their previous limits. She feels lighter on her feet somehow and the ground feels oddly comforting, almost safe, though she doesn't know why. Julia had always kept in shape but her footing and balance seem impeccable now as she effortlessly navigates the trash-laden alleyway. She feels like a predator.

Julia stops abruptly for a moment when that last thought crosses her mind. A predator. That's why she's been hoping to find a person, any person, back here. She shudders and resumes walking. When she's finished getting a look at the area, part of her is disappointed she didn't find anyone. Almost frustrated and angry. But another part of her is relieved. She knows what she's going to have to eventually do but she doesn't have to face that reality quite yet. Markus implied she wouldn't have to actually kill her... food? That gave her a small amount of comfort though the thought of people as 'food' makes her shudder again. She wonders if the angry, frustrated part of her will be able to stop once she starts to drink that delicious blood...

Back at the front of the hotel, Julia crosses the threshold to join the others. "Did you get the rooms?"

What is the building that the hotel is attached to?
Also, did Julia happen to notice if there is a convenience store/bodega type business within eyeshot of the hotel that's open?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by shaidar »

Leo

Seeing the keys handed over "OK, let's get upstairs quickly, I don't know how long I can stand it out here" he tries to resist the temptation to eye the receptionist like he would a rare steak.
Last edited by shaidar on Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Rex »

William

"Agreed."

William leads the way upstairs.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#108 Post by Lance »

Odin walks with David to whichever room he picks. "Brother, that was smooth as fuck. Especially given that we all just woke up dead in a meat locker. It's a miracle we aren't covered in cow blood." This is the first time his thoughts cleared up enough to contemplate his appearance. And the look of his compatriots, dressed in entry holes and gashes. He doesn't raise his voice, trusting in the heightened hearing of the others. "We need to get some new clothes soon. But only after we fed. Which might be the worst fucking thing I've ever said, given the context."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

He chuckles as Odin chats. "Well, I hoped that if I was covered with blood, someone would have let me know."

He motions for Julia to follow and tosses her a key. "Pick your roommate. But just so you know, I don't bite." He stops short, realizing what he's said, and looks uneasy. "Um. Well, you know what I mean."

After the rooms are checked out, he gathers the group together. "I know I'm feeling it. No doubt you all are too. We need to, um, hunt. I think we can find a hotel patron and, ah, do that. Any ideas on how we could do it?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Rex »

William

"Maybe use the fire escape and see what we find, maybe we get lucky."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by shaidar »

Leo

"Maybe that's not a bad idea, rather than sticking to a hotel patron, in case it goes wrong" he looks at the others, concern on his face "All I feel is the hunger, I'm surprised that I've been able to control it this far. Once I let go I'm not sure I will be able to control it." he pauses " Nobody who knows me would ever describe me as the Mother Teresa type, but this situation is...I dunno... just something else. "

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#112 Post by Lance »

shaidar wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:19 pm Leo

"...this situation is...I dunno... just something else. "
Odin nods "Understatement of the night. So how many people are we planning to traumatise and hopefully not kill? However many we find alone in their room? Open windows leave less evidence, but we might not be that lucky." Odin is surprisingly pragmatic, given his mental state. Must be the predator talking, he thinks.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by ybn1197 »

Gremlin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:17 pm What is the building that the hotel is attached to?
Also, did Julia happen to notice if there is a convenience store/bodega type business within eyeshot of the hotel that's open?
The hotel is the end unit of a small row. The next building has a store front (shoes) with a separate door presumably giving access to the upper floors (most likely apartments.) The next attached building has an abandoned store front with a separate door as well. The third building down from the no-tell hotel is a convenience store which happens to be open. Alongside the convenience store is an alleyway.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

"I don't know how many we need. Start with one or two? Maybe we can share."

"The fire escape works for me. Just be sneaky and find an open window, I guess." He looks around at the group. "Who thinks they're sneaky?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Rex »

William

Whispering, "I will try."

He starts up the fire escape as silently as possible.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#116 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

"I don't care how many rooms, I just want blankets and the bathtub in a nice dark bathroom," Julia says. "I took a quick look around the area outside. There's a convenience store down the block that looks like it's open. It might have some clothes that isn't all bloody and shredded."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by shaidar »

Leo

Self control: 2#1d10 7 8

Leo looks like he's ready to bolt out the door, but with Williams agreement to sneak outside he seems to resists the urge, just. He nods at William "Good, subtly ain't my strong suit, but if you get into trouble just yell. Try not to be too long, I'm barely keeping it together"

OOC: He should have failed a roll by now, but the dice gods are smiling...for now

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#118 Post by Lance »

Gremlin wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:15 am Julia

"I took a quick look around the area outside. There's a convenience store down the block that looks like it's open. It might have some clothes that isn't all bloody and shredded."
Odin nods "Right, point number two on the agenda. Number three being nor burning to a crisp, come dawn. Good job!" He will the join William, if there are none better suited or more willing.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by ybn1197 »

Rex wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:38 am William

Whispering, "I will try."

He starts up the fire escape as silently as possible.
Lance wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:49 pm
Odin nods "Right, point number two on the agenda. Number three being nor burning to a crisp, come dawn. Good job!" He will the join William, if there are none better suited or more willing.
William Stealth: 5d10h6 1
Odin Stealth: 2d10h6 2
The rooms are on the second floor so there is nowhere really to go but up. As quietly as the two of you are able, you head up the fire escape to the third floor. The stairs pass under the window of one of the rooms and you are able to see in by standing straight under the window. Inside a couple are engaged in some odd sex play, almost ironic under your circumstances as they appear to be involved in some blood letting as part of their play.
William Self-Control: 1d10h6 1
Odin Self-Control: 1d10h6 0
Under these circumstances, your Self-Control dice pool cannot exceed your blood pool.
The sight of the blood tears into William and he can feel a dark part of himself rising up into the front of his mind but this is not the first time he has had to deal with his darker nature and he is able to wrestle it back down into the depths of his psyche. Odin, however, is overcome by hunger, the sustenance the blood he sees dripping down from the man's arm is overwhelming.

Odin frenzies and leaps up off the fire escape, breaking through the window. The glass shards give him no more concern than a small swarm of flies and he his leap carries him into the couple's room. The crash alerts the woman who is holding a large pocket knife of some sort. She falls back, holding the blooding implement at Odin. The man, still carried away in the ecstasy of his fetish, is slower to react as the burley guitar player lands in the room on all fours like a feral animal. Before the man is able to get off the bed, Odin is upon him, fangs sliding out from the roof of his mouth and tearing into the neck of his victim.

What does William do?

Meanwhile back in the room, Julia and David both hear the distinctive crack of glass breaking on the floor above them.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Rex »

William

"Shit"
William jumps in after Odin and tries to incapacitate whoever Odin doesn't go after.

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”