First Night

ybn1197
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

Re: First Night

#81 Post by Lance »

Odin leaves the car and follows the group to a safe spot. "Avoid my usual hangouts? What about my fucking house?" he grumbles to himself. "Or my fucking car. Oh, crap, I left it at the Depot." he sighs.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#82 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

Julia hesitates a moment, not yet following the others out of the vehicle. She looks at Markus.

"You keep mentioning The Red Star, but you still haven't told us what it is," she says flatly. She has other questions, but she holds onto those for now. Getting the answer to that one will hopefully lead to the answers to the others in the near future.

Once she gets a response from Markus, regardless of what it is, she exits the car to join the others. She's most concerned with where she will find a place to rest for the day without being interrupted. She can't go home, at least not yet. Hotel rooms or houses, even abandoned ones, can have uninvited guests. Now she realizes why fictional vampires always seem to choose coffins. Who messes with those? Maybe she should just bury herself or something, she thinks to herself darkly.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

David takes the cell phone and waits for the others outside. "Till we meet again, Markus."

"Let's get out of sight. Hopefully, that van will follow them."

"The hotel should work nicely. Lots of privacy."

He turns to Odin. "Tell me about it. I've got a bunch of stuff I need to keep on top of at my business. Tomorrow."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by ybn1197 »

Julia:
"It's a temporary shelter. Now, we must hurry. The Inquisition is on its way."

You are left standing where Markus dropped you off. It was a close call, but you managed to hide before the inquisitors in the van could spot you. Everything starts to sink in: what you are, what you just learned. Your lives have been forever changed.

The Cicero, this aging behemoth of a building that was once an art deco beauty, a luxury boarding house for starlets and ingenues. Time has left The Cicero behind, however, and now it stands as seven stories of rickety staircases, peeling wallpaper, and stained linoleum, where those down on their luck seek shelter on the cheap.

A clerk watches the front desk. His job is mostly to chase away vagrants, and to call the cops if the tenants start fighting too loudly. He’s doughy and pliable, more interested in watching sports on his tiny TV than doing his job.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Rex »

William

William will look around for security cameras and alternate entrances.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by shaidar »

ooc: do the building have external fire escapes?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

"This place looks familiar. I think I've been here before, on business." David looks around and tries to remember if this crappy hotel stands out to him more than any other crappy hotel.

He looks at the other four fledgling vampires and tries to see who is the least dead looking. "I'm going to suggest one room. This guy won't care and we may want to stick together. Does anyone still have their wallet?"

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#88 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

"It looks familiar because all these places look the same," Julia snarks. She checks her pockets to see if the little bit of money she had was still here. Then she checks the pockets of her borrowed jacket, which might have more money.

"One room doesn't sound like a good idea. I mean, it would be fine except for the whole sunlight thing. One window mishap and we'd be in for a bad day. I intend to wrap myself up in the bed linen and sleep in the bathtub with all the doors locked and a 'do-not-distrub' sign up, if there even is one. No windows in the bathrooms in these places, but the rooms are tiny and we all can't fit in one bathroom,"
Julia says, laying out her plan.

Speaking softly so the clerk can't overhear, Julia voices her concerns. "I also don't trust that Markus guy. There's no denying the whole vampire thing, sure. But can we believe anything else he's said? He just happened to be sitting in a dark dining room for some reason, right when we all wake up in a freezer in the same restaurant? And he had five phones ready for us? And we're suddenly being chased by vampire hunter boogeymen, who also happened to find us at the club, drag us to that freezer and leave us there for some reason? And why is he OK staying in the car while being chased but we have to get dropped off? If he expects the car to be caught, why didn't he abandon it too? Maybe it's all on the level but there's too many questions to just blindly trust this guy."

"He also keeps being super vague about 'The Red Star'," she continues, using the air quotes. "Calling it a temporary shelter is about as useful as saying it's a building with walls. How the fuck are we supposed to find it? Assuming we even want to find it."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by shaidar »

Leo checks his pockets in the vain hope of finding his wallet in one of them.

"She's right, I don't trust anything right now. Why don't we find another flea-pit hotel to stay in. And take the battery and sim card out of the phone, I've seen the cop shows, we could be tracked"

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#90 Post by Lance »

Odin looks dejected. "Yeah, right, we have no reason to trust Marcus. But what other source of info do we have? Should we walk around, asking random people if they suck blood for sustenance, or maybe talk to the second inquisition, get their side of the story?" He gets more and more agitated as he speaks "You really think this is the time to question reality? What's next, infighting? That's a great idea, let's start a vampire brawl in public!"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Rex »

William

"We can't trust anyone, including each other. But Marcus is our best source of information and what he has told us so far fits the information we have and we are each others best chance. Hunkering down and thinking things over well we figure some things out makes sense. I was a cop and trust me if they have decent resources they are going through every bit of each of our past right now. We need to figure out our strengths and weaknesses, what of legend is true and what not."

William wants to try and think through what he knows about Vampires.

Not sure the combo to use here, Occult is obvious, I have a 3. Knowledge and Wits are both 3, Perception is a 4. He is also a Fast Learner which would seem to be helpful here.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#92 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

Julia gives Odin a sharp look. "Keep your voice down and don't be such a baby," she snaps at him. "Following up on this Red Star seems like the best bet to get more answers, but taking precautions and having some healthy skepticism just seems smart to me."

"Right now we need to focus on survival. For tonight let's see if we can get two rooms. Cyclops and I can take one; I'll take the bathtub like I said, you can take the closet or something," she says, directing the last part at William. "The rest of you can take the other room. Do any of you think you can do that Jedi Mind Trick thing Markus did? That would make things easier."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

He nods at each of the other vampires. "All fine points." He smiles at Julia. "Two rooms it is."

He takes the phone and, if possible, removes the battery and pockets both parts. "A little precaution seems wise."

With that, he opens the door to the Cicero and enters.

Are we now using the vampire sheets?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by ybn1197 »

Rex wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:45 am William will look around for security cameras and alternate entrances.
shaidar wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:58 pm ooc: do the building have external fire escapes?
There are no external security cameras that you can see, but there is a fire escape off each floor of the building.
Monsieur Rose wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:39 pm David

"This place looks familiar. I think I've been here before, on business." David looks around and tries to remember if this crappy hotel stands out to him more than any other crappy hotel.

He looks at the other four fledgling vampires and tries to see who is the least dead looking. "I'm going to suggest one room. This guy won't care and we may want to stick together. Does anyone still have their wallet?"
David is very familiar with this location. When he first started out, he had a lot of business here. As for the least dead looking, that would be David and Leo.
Everyone still has their belongings.
Rex wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:06 pm Not sure the combo to use here, Occult is obvious, I have a 3. Knowledge and Wits are both 3, Perception is a 4. He is also a Fast Learner which would seem to be helpful here.
Occult+Intelligence
Monsieur Rose wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:23 am Are we now using the vampire sheets?
I am. As for your characters, you are still using your Mortal sheets but you can explore what you now can do as vampires (like when Julia tried to grow claws.)

Who approaches the the clerk or does everyone approach him? Also note, you are all very hungry (past the point of hangry to be honest) and none of you wants to retire for the night before getting nourishment.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by shaidar »

Leo is relieved to find his wallet. Well, we were due some good luck at some point he thinks to himself. He grabs the bills from it and puts it away, before heading after David "Let the two of us sort out the rooms, best not to get everyone noticed" he says to the others

He's happy to wait behind David if he's going straight up the to clerk, but if David hangs around then he'll head straight over and ask for a room

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Rex »

William

William heads up to the desk, "I need a room for the night, how much?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

He's just about to walk up and book two rooms when William beats him to it. He raises a brow at Leo and shrugs. "He's looking kinda rough, but maybe the guy won't notice."

The very sight of the manager causes David's mouth to water, and he has to focus in order to think straight. He swears he can hear the man's heartbeat.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by ybn1197 »

Rex wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:48 am William

William heads up to the desk, "I need a room for the night, how much?"
The man tries to ignore you for a moment like you are intruding upon something world-shatteringly important, then realizes you are asking him a question and obviously not going to go away. He looks up at Rex from his chair and says, "My God man, you look like something my dog puked up. Are you sick or somethin'? Don't be bringing any shit in here man. What do you want? He seems to be recoiling from you and covering his nose and mouth.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Rex »

William

"I just want a room, how much?""

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#100 Post by Lance »

Odin stares at the receptionist, the second living person he's seen since he came to. The hunger is gnawing at his stomach, while the fact of the hunger gnaws at his mind. Images flutter through his brain: two miners eating a third after getting trapped in a mine; the legend of the Wendigo; zombies tearing people apart while they beg for mercy. He is one of these monsters, or will be soon enough. Sepultura's cover of Bela Lugosi's Dead plays in the background.

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”