OOC 1

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: OOC 1

#181 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Scott308 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:53 pm
OGRE MAGE wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:26 pmAnd why didn't we see you at GC? Let me guess.......you only had time for gaming? :D
I did virtual this year. I thought about heading out there for a single day but I really didn't feel like shelling out for that on top of my virtual badge. I WILL be in-person at Gamehole, so you'll definitely be able to catch me at the Will-Call booth on Wednesday if nothing else.
So, will this be your only post here this week? Or were you planning on making an action for your character this time too? :mrgreen:

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#182 Post by Bluetongue »

Hello team.

I posted this to OM in my private thread.
You know, I am not really sure how to go forward with roleplaying Valkrina as a ghost seeking her resurrection.

I am not sure what skills and abilities she has that can positively contribute to the group and affect the game. So, while I appreciate the chance to keep going, I am equally fine with retiring Valkrina and wishing the best to the group. Unless I am missing something obvious (and Kazeffron stayed a ghost a long, long time so I don't have high hopes that Val will escape her situation any quicker), then I think rather than just being a shadow to follow the group around, you can script her departure.

Not sure the group are in a place that demands a new character gets rolled up and introduced, so I will lurk from herein.
I think it is a good time for Valkrina to indeed fade after her character death and wish you guys all the best to survive and thrive.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Karaunios »

Oh... I understand it's a weird situation. It's just like being there without being able to do anything. But maybe OM has something for you? Wait for his answer.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#184 Post by OGRE MAGE »

OM has something for all of you. :twisted:

Let see how this next scene plays out and go from there. If there is a there. :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#185 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I am headed out for our spring vacation soon so my posting might be a little spotty for the next few weeks.

I will try to keep up with posts as best I can, but if I am MIA for a day or two, you'll know why. :D

Thanks!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by Rex »

Enjoy!

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by Karaunios »

I'm going on vacation for two weeks. I'm gonna check often but, if I take my time posting, please feel free to NPC my character.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by shaidar »

Have fun. We'll try not to have a TPK by then :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#189 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Enjoy!

I will TPK NPC if necessary.

Thanks for letting us know! :D

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by Karaunios »

Thanks. Now I can go with a peace of mind :lol:

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#191 Post by Scott308 »

Once through the rubbery water, is there normal water below or is it air?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#192 Post by Scott308 »

For clarification- CAN Euripides cast Cure Light Wounds again? I want to make sure how spell slots work. I have 2 slots and four memorized spells- can I cast the same spell twice (like 5e) or can I only cast it once if that's all I have memorized/ prepared (like 1e)?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#193 Post by OGRE MAGE »

You can only cast the spells you have chosen to pray for each day, like in 1E.

However, you haven't actually tried using the CLW spell again after using it on the golem, so maybe it wasn't used up in combat after all?

This is a strange place, maybe magic works a bit differently down here. :twisted:

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by Karaunios »

So ends the current adventure while also opening up future avenues of sport for anyone willing to continue advancing their current characters.

I have decided to convert (or completely restart) this hot mess into something far more structured, potentially, a published sandbox with numerous avenues of adventure strictly driven by player desire and initiative.

So, you can have the choice of leaving the game entirely at this point, starting over with a new character, or continuing on with the character you’ve been playing. I will try to recruit a few new players to fill the voids, but essentially, the depth we go with this will obviously depend on the level of player interest. (starting with you guys, obviously)

If you want more information, just ask. If you want to continue playing as is, go ahead and make an action post and we will get things started.
Thanks for the campaign, I liked it. I hate it when players disappear without giving a reason, though, and can't understand why they left. That has affected the game deeply.

Anyway, I'm all in for the new campaign. I love sandbox games :D

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by shaidar »

Will you be using this as an opportunity to move to AS&SH v3?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#196 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thanks K.

Yes, being entirely player driven, the new sandbox style game should help eliminate the troubles we've had in the past with players bailing from the game without notice.

And also yes, this new game will be run using the brand new 3E "Hyperborea" rules. (Though there will be little noticeable difference in actual gameplay, you may eventually see a few of the newer races offered.)

So, it looks like we have at least 3 players who wish to continue. :mrgreen: In that case, I will get some XP figured up for you and continue our lead-in to the new adventure.

Thanks for the interest! :D

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by shaidar »

8-)

I think when I looked at Hyperborea 3E there wasn't any real difference for the warlock, the only thing I noticed that they gain a new spell each level, rather than every odd level.

I think one of our issues in the game was a very limited amount of healing.

I did think about changing to a new character, a cleric type, but decided against it. If we still had problems getting people to play a cleric type then I might reconsider.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by Rex »

I am still in.

I can switch to some sort of healer if everyone thinks we need that more than a scout.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#199 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Great!

Lets see what we get for interest before starting any new characters.

Here is the recruitment thread now: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 21&t=12111

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by Rex »

I will wait and see, looking forward to a desert game.

Return to “Pawns of the North Wind (AS&SH 2e)”