Dungeon Level 1

dmw71
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Dungeon Level 1

#421 Post by ravenn4544 »

Xanlanan withholds his magical attack upon the demise of the final monsters. He expected for all to settle into a post battle quiet. That wasn't the case. The sounds of battle continue off to the right! His curiosity gets the better of him as he sees other move in that direction. He follow's also.

As Needed [1d20]=10

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#422 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Lika

The morningstar to the face stunned him as she eventually shook off his confusion. "Thank you." She calls to her allies who defended him.

He watches as the party splits to the east and south, and she follows Nella to the south to provide backup. And Light.

If Needed: [1d20]=8

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#423 Post by dmw71 »

Initiative
19: Lika (17+2)
17: Gruuthuk (14+3)
10: Xanlanan (8+2)
8: Unari (6+2)
6: Nella (3+3)

New Combat
Gruuthuk creeps forward and runs the pointy end of his rapier deep into the back of the bugbear nearest the wall, killing it instantly.

Unari and Xanlanan reach the top of the steps and see the remaining bugbear completely surrounded... so they halt their progress there; weapons readied.

The current combatants:
  1. A gnome with glowing gloves;
  2. Two humans carrying shields; one wearing a breastplate and the other wearing splint armor;
  3. Two floating, glowing hammers; and
  4. Two mechanical contraptions; one, the size of a large dog, in the shape of a Komodo dragon; the other, a tiny, hovering scorpion.
New Combat.jpg
New Combat.jpg (24.95 KiB) Viewed 699 times

The humans and gnome all share a similar look of shock as the unexpected guests -- one of which is a bugbear -- appear to be assisting them.

South
Nella and Lika move to the south hallway and keep watch.

It is quiet -- any previously heard goblin voices are no longer heard -- and there is no sign of any activity.

South.jpg
South.jpg (10.08 KiB) Viewed 699 times

---

Actions?

---

Date: 13 Blossomtide 584
Time: 06:55

Light Sources
  1. Bullseye Lantern (Duration: 6 Hours) (Nella, Carried by Lika) (Extinguished: 13 Blossomtide @ 11:15)
    (Note: A bullseye lantern casts bright light in a 60-foot cone and dim light for an additional 60 feet.)
  2. Lit Coin (Duration: 1 Hour) (Xanlanan, Carried by Nella) (Extinguished: 13 Blossomtide @ 07:19)
    (Note: Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet.)

Conditions/Spells in Effect:
  1. None

Marching Order
Scout
Unari

5-Foot
Unari
Gruuthuk
Lika
Xanlanan
Nella

10-Foot
Unari | Gruuthuk
Nella
Lika | Xanlanan

Character Details
> Scott308 | Gruuthuk (Male)
Race: Bugbear | Class: Rogue (5) | Archetype: Assassin | Background: Criminal (Spy)
PHB+1: VGtM | Size: Medium | Speed: 30' | Reach: 5' (10') | Darkvision: 60' | AC: 16 (FF: 13) | HD (1d8): 5
* HP: 36-3 = 33-8 = 25
Rations: 10, 9 | Water: 2, 1 | Weapons: Rapier, Dagger, Shortbow (20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15)
Languages: Common, Goblin, Thieves’ Cant | Passive Perception: 13
Features: Assassinate | Cunning Action | Expertise | Sneak Attack (3d6) | Surprise Attack | Uncanny Dodge

> Marullus | Nella (Female)
Race: Variant Human | Class: Monk (5) | Monastic Tradition: Way of the Kensei | Background: Noble (Baroness)
PHB+1: XGtE | Size: Medium | Speed: 40' | Reach: 5' | Darkvision: No | AC: 16 (18) (FF: 10) | HD (1d8): 5
* HP: 29-6 = 23
Rations: 10, 9 | Water: 2, 1 | Weapons: Longsword*, Dagger, Longbow* (40, 39, 38, 36, 37)
Languages: Common, Sylvan, Undercommon | Passive Perception: 21
Features: Deflect Missiles | Extra Attack | Ki | Martial Arts | Path of the Kensei* | Slow Fall | Unarmored Defense | Unarmored Movement
> Monsieur Rose | Pilikia liʻiliʻi "Lika" (Male)
Race: Aarakocra | Class: Warlock (5) | Patron: The Celestial | Background: Criminal (Spy)
PHB+1: XGtE | Size: Medium | Speed: 25' (Fly: 50') | Reach: 5' | Darkvision: No | AC: 14 (FF: 12) | HD (1d8): 5
* HP: 39-10 = 29
Rations: 10, 9+4 = 13 | Water: 1, 0 | Weapons: Boomerang, Club, Talons
Languages: Aarakocra, Auran, Common | Passive Perception: 12
Features: Bonus Cantrip | Expanded Spell List | Healing Light: 6 (Long) | Otherworldly Patron | Pact Boon | Pact Magic

> Rex | Unari (Female)
Race: Stout Halfling | Class: Ranger (5) | Archetype: Gloom Stalker | Background: Outlander
PHB+1: XGtE | Size: Medium | Speed: 30' (40')| Reach: 5' | Darkvision: 60' | AC: 19 (FF: 15) | HD (1d10): 5
* HP: 42
Rations: 5, 4 | Water: 1, 0 | Weapons: Rapier, Shortbow (20, 19, 18, 15, 17)
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elvish, Halfling | Passive Perception: 15
Features: Dread Ambusher | Extra Attack | Favored Enemy (Elves, Goblinoids) | Fighting Style | Gloom Stalker Magic | Natural Explorer (Underdark) | Primeval Awareness | Spellcasting | Umbral Sight
> ravenn454 | Xanlanan (Male)
Race: Half-Elf | Class: Sorcerer (5) | Origin: Wild Magic | Background: Archaeologist
PHB+1: XGtE | Size: Medium | Speed: 30' | Reach: 5' | Darkvision: 60' | AC: 12 (FF: 10) | HD (1d8): 5
* HP: 33-9 = 24-6 = 18
Rations: 10, 9 | Water: 1, 0.5 | Weapons: Dagger, Crossbow (30)
Languages: Abyssal, Common, Elvish, Undercommon | Passive Perception: 14
Features: Font of Magic | Sorcerous Origin | Spellcasting | Tides of Chaos: 1 (Long) | Wild Magic Surge
Watch Schedule
Watch: Armored
Sleep: No medium or heavy armor unless specifically declared.
Sleeping in Armor
Sleeping in light armor has no adverse effect on the wearer, but sleeping in medium or heavy armor makes it difficult to recover fully during a long rest.

When you finish a long rest during which you slept in medium or heavy armor, you regain only one quarter of your spent Hit Dice (minimum of one die). If you have any levels of exhaustion, the rest doesn’t reduce your exhaustion level.

First Shift (Three Hours: 21:00-24:00)
T.B.D.

Second Shift (Three Hours: 01:00-03:00)
T.B.D.

Third Shift (Three Hours: 03:00-06:00)
T.B.D.

Rolls
None
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#424 Post by Rex »

Unari

Unari watches and waves at the humans and gnome.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#425 Post by Scott308 »

Gruuthuk

One bugbear left- a known enemy- and a bunch of others- possible enemies? Gruuthuk opts to deal with the known enemy first.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#426 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Lika

He whispers to Nella. "I can't see anything. Let's step back a bit and check out the fighting with the others." Lika motions back into the room. "At least we should get out of this hallway."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#427 Post by dmw71 »

Anything for Xanlanan or Nella?

I will move again soon.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#428 Post by Marullus »

Baroness Nella nods to concur, moving with Lika to the east hallway.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#429 Post by ravenn4544 »

Xanlanan pauses his intended magical attack at the curiosity. "Hail there. Or, perhaps, Hello there. Does that make sense to you? I'm not sure how else to say it, really, to be understood by floating weapons. That's fascinating, by the way. I would be so interested in learning about how you do that. Perhaps you have some literature on this you could share? Hmmm?"

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#430 Post by dmw71 »

New Group
Recognizing it is not only surrounded, but its path of retreat is also blocked, the evil creature roars out in anger. "Yer gonna pay for killing Glosol," it sneers through jagged, yellowed teeth.

Between your own efforts, plus those from the strangers that had previously been battling it, the final activity the remaining bugbear makes in its existence is making a wild swing with its morning star directed at the gnome standing in front of it.

---

At this point, partially because I'm tired of duplicating the work by maintaining two separate forums, I am going to "force" the merging of this original group with the second group that entered the dungeon after you.

Everyone, please welcome torkill, LordKane77, Direjackalope, and (maybe?) Computer +1 into the game.

At this point, the game is open for the two groups of players to role-play their introductions.

Once settled, we'll begin moving again as a single, larger group.[/size]

---

Date: 13 Blossomtide 584
Time: 06:56

Light Sources
  1. Bullseye Lantern (Duration: 6 Hours) (Nella, Carried by Lika) (Extinguished: 13 Blossomtide @ 11:15)
    (Note: A bullseye lantern casts bright light in a 60-foot cone and dim light for an additional 60 feet.)
  2. Lit Coin (Duration: 1 Hour) (Xanlanan, Carried by Nella) (Extinguished: 13 Blossomtide @ 07:19)
    (Note: Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet.)

Conditions/Spells in Effect:
  1. None

Marching Order
Scout
Unari

5-Foot
Unari
Gruuthuk
Lika
Xanlanan
Nella

10-Foot
Unari | Gruuthuk
Nella
Lika | Xanlanan

Character Details
> Scott308 | Gruuthuk (Male)
Race: Bugbear | Class: Rogue (5) | Archetype: Assassin | Background: Criminal (Spy)
PHB+1: VGtM | Size: Medium | Speed: 30' | Reach: 5' (10') | Darkvision: 60' | AC: 16 (FF: 13) | HD (1d8): 5
* HP: 36-3 = 33-8 = 25
Rations: 10, 9 | Water: 2, 1 | Weapons: Rapier, Dagger, Shortbow (20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15)
Languages: Common, Goblin, Thieves’ Cant | Passive Perception: 13
Features: Assassinate | Cunning Action | Expertise | Sneak Attack (3d6) | Surprise Attack | Uncanny Dodge

> Marullus | Nella (Female)
Race: Variant Human | Class: Monk (5) | Monastic Tradition: Way of the Kensei | Background: Noble (Baroness)
PHB+1: XGtE | Size: Medium | Speed: 40' | Reach: 5' | Darkvision: No | AC: 16 (18) (FF: 10) | HD (1d8): 5
* HP: 29-6 = 23
Rations: 10, 9 | Water: 2, 1 | Weapons: Longsword*, Dagger, Longbow* (40, 39, 38, 36, 37)
Languages: Common, Sylvan, Undercommon | Passive Perception: 21
Features: Deflect Missiles | Extra Attack | Ki | Martial Arts | Path of the Kensei* | Slow Fall | Unarmored Defense | Unarmored Movement
> Monsieur Rose | Pilikia liʻiliʻi "Lika" (Male)
Race: Aarakocra | Class: Warlock (5) | Patron: The Celestial | Background: Criminal (Spy)
PHB+1: XGtE | Size: Medium | Speed: 25' (Fly: 50') | Reach: 5' | Darkvision: No | AC: 14 (FF: 12) | HD (1d8): 5
* HP: 39-10 = 29
Rations: 10, 9+4 = 13 | Water: 1, 0 | Weapons: Boomerang, Club, Talons
Languages: Aarakocra, Auran, Common | Passive Perception: 12
Features: Bonus Cantrip | Expanded Spell List | Healing Light: 6 (Long) | Otherworldly Patron | Pact Boon | Pact Magic

> Rex | Unari (Female)
Race: Stout Halfling | Class: Ranger (5) | Archetype: Gloom Stalker | Background: Outlander
PHB+1: XGtE | Size: Medium | Speed: 30' (40')| Reach: 5' | Darkvision: 60' | AC: 19 (FF: 15) | HD (1d10): 5
* HP: 42
Rations: 5, 4 | Water: 1, 0 | Weapons: Rapier, Shortbow (20, 19, 18, 15, 17)
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elvish, Halfling | Passive Perception: 15
Features: Dread Ambusher | Extra Attack | Favored Enemy (Elves, Goblinoids) | Fighting Style | Gloom Stalker Magic | Natural Explorer (Underdark) | Primeval Awareness | Spellcasting | Umbral Sight
> ravenn454 | Xanlanan (Male)
Race: Half-Elf | Class: Sorcerer (5) | Origin: Wild Magic | Background: Archaeologist
PHB+1: XGtE | Size: Medium | Speed: 30' | Reach: 5' | Darkvision: 60' | AC: 12 (FF: 10) | HD (1d8): 5
* HP: 33-9 = 24-6 = 18
Rations: 10, 9 | Water: 1, 0.5 | Weapons: Dagger, Crossbow (30)
Languages: Abyssal, Common, Elvish, Undercommon | Passive Perception: 14
Features: Font of Magic | Sorcerous Origin | Spellcasting | Tides of Chaos: 1 (Long) | Wild Magic Surge
Watch Schedule
Watch: Armored
Sleep: No medium or heavy armor unless specifically declared.
Sleeping in Armor
Sleeping in light armor has no adverse effect on the wearer, but sleeping in medium or heavy armor makes it difficult to recover fully during a long rest.

When you finish a long rest during which you slept in medium or heavy armor, you regain only one quarter of your spent Hit Dice (minimum of one die). If you have any levels of exhaustion, the rest doesn’t reduce your exhaustion level.

First Shift (Three Hours: 21:00-24:00)
T.B.D.

Second Shift (Three Hours: 01:00-03:00)
T.B.D.

Third Shift (Three Hours: 03:00-06:00)
T.B.D.

Rolls
None
-- Project --
-- DM --

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#431 Post by Marullus »

Nella the Baronness - small.jpg
Nella the Baronness - small.jpg (67.69 KiB) Viewed 652 times
The Baroness Nella fixes her hair primly and steps up the stairs into the light, a bird person beside her. Her eyes look appraisingly over the two humans, the gnome, and the mechanical familiars, then she nods pleasantly.

"Ahh, well met, then," she says, stepping into the hallway and walking up next to the bugbear. " "I am the Baroness Nella, or the Honorable Lady Ghent, should you prefer. At least that is the styling of such things in Tashluta. You have the look of adventurers who also have entered this demesne through the portals, yes? Good, good. Are you injured? I have some skill as a physician and would be glad to aid you as we all introduce ourselves and tell us of your adventure so far." She looks at them expectantly, leaving a pause for them to contribute to the conversation.

Scott308

#432 Post by Scott308 »

Gruuthuk

The lone remaining bugbear cleans and stows his blades. He attempts to smile in a non-threatening manner, although the big toothy grin is anything but. He points at himself, grunting, Gruuthuk. Then gesturing toward the baroness and the others who approached from the west, continues, With them. You friends?
Welcome!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#433 Post by Rex »

Unari

"I am Unari and you are?"
The halfling states.

Welcome!

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#434 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Lika

The bird person stands beside Nella, ruffling his feathers. "Gruuthuk is with us. Stay your hand, please." She nods and continues. "They call me Lika. I hope this meeting can be amicable."

Lika takes a step back and to the side of Nella, acknowledging her status, talons at the ready. "We may have goblins behind us, is your flank secure?"

Welcome!

LordKane77
Guide
Guide

#435 Post by LordKane77 »

"Greetings all. I am Decker Blacke, humble servant of the storm. These are my compatriots... Zan, a tinkerer, and Dire, not-so-humble servant of War.

Yes, our flank is clear, but I don't know what you mean by portal. We began our descent less than a hundred yards back, from the well that leads down from the tavern."

Decker points behind him with a flourish.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#436 Post by Marullus »

The Baroness purses her lips. One eyebrow arches. "They let you come down the well?" She brushes her dress and reasserts her smile. "That, then, is good news because we now know where the well is, which was one of our goals. We arrived by portal, you see, and did not know the route of egress, rather, the location of the well. The next goal is to find a source of water, or we will be rather fatigued... though if we can now regularly return up the well to the tavern, that might be met, too. The third, then, is exploration, at which we have done a fulsome job."

She unpacks a bit from her gear pulling out (rather improbably) a wooden easel upon which she displays a stretched canvas with a map upon it and several charcoal sketches of statues and architectural features.
Mad Mage - Master 01.jpg
Mad Mage - Master 01.jpg (874.69 KiB) Viewed 633 times
She contemplates the map on the easel for a moment. "Obviously I have not yet updated it for our present discovery, being you, but this chamber here connects to the mirrors to the west - I do not recommend that passage - and to this other avenue to the south. You say the Well lies 100 yards to the east. That is not far, indeed, and it it is most sensible to join forces as we brave further hazard..."

She catches herself, then tsks, pulling a wine bottle from a carefully-designed wooden rack within her haversack and uncorks it, offering it first to Decker and the new guests with a small supply of nesting metal cups. "My apologies, my manners! First, we must celebrate your acquaintance. Cheers." She smiles and pours a half-glass for each that wishes it. Then she turns to her prior companions with an off-handed gesture at the map, "Perhaps you could aid by telling your favorite discoveries so far, as I pour?"

Scott308

#437 Post by Scott308 »

Gruuthuk

Lots goblins. Some dead, some not dead. Yet. Gruuthuk forcefully expels the contents of his nostrils in the direction of the nearest dead bugbear, which he then begins searching. Oh- and big worms hiding in bones. They found them, he says, gesturing vaguely behind him without looking to see who exactly he is gesturing toward. We scouting, he continues, gesturing at himself...and someone also vaguely behind him.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#438 Post by Rex »

Unari

"Yes, scouting is what we are doing."

torkill
Tracker
Tracker

#439 Post by torkill »

Zanbin

The armored gnome greeted the new people. "I'm Zanbin. These are my creations... Izzy" He patted the large lizard-like creature. "And that's Sting," he said as the winged mechanical scorpion flew up to the ceiling and back. "If you're thirsty, you could just go back up the rope to the tavern."

LordKane77
Guide
Guide

#440 Post by LordKane77 »

Decker... {accepts glass of wine}

"Well met everyone. If you find yourself short anything, we should probably just go restock. We came down, found this ilk immediately, and here we are."

Return to “Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)”