Adventure 2.0

Harpoonrgm84a
Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Adventure 2.0

#1 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Okay, this takes place about a week after the end of the last adventure. You are wandering about the city, taking in the sights and enjoying getting to know one another a little better. The city is vast and there is so much to look at. As you get close to the center of the city, you see something that resembles an altercation of sorts outside the police station. A human in what looks like a white lab coat is arguing with several police officers. The police officers are being polite toward the man, but you can tell that he is very agitated. You are about 20 meters from where they are at.

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Adventure 2.0

#2 Post by Teflon »

T'prins interest is piqued, he will amble that way and try to get close enough to hear whats being said without being to obvious about it.

Jaakari
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Jaakari »

Lloyd is always interested in someone causing the authority to get their vacc suits in a bunch. He paused in his musing on hacking the local robot delivery service, and finds a nearby stoop to sit on. All the while listening.

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

As you listen to the conversation, you see the lab coat get flustered

Lab Coat: "Look, I need help and you are the law. That is what you are paid to do!"
Police Officer: "As I've tried to tell you, doctor, according to your charter provided by your employers, that research lab is off limits for security purposes."
Lad Coat: "You are going to let that document impede helping us? We are being murdered down there!"
Police Officer: "I'm sorry, doctor, but we will be thrown in prison if we break that agreement. Now, if you don't mind, we have laws to uphold here on the surface."

At that point, the two officers walk away from the man in the lab coat. The lab coat man throws down a data pad and howls in frustration. Then picks up the pad and starts walking off.

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Teflon »

"Sir!, maybe we can help"
"what seems to be the problem?"

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

The man looks at you, sighs, then looks to you, "Perhaps you can. The police can't help. I am a research scientist with the Gamma 29 research station. My name is Doctor Alar Redam. Our facility is being, I'm not sure attacked is the right word, but our people down there are dying under mysterious circumstances. We don't have any weapons or even people that know how to use any weapons. We need help before we all perish!"

mghaught
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by mghaught »

Daz listens intently as the scientist relays his story. "That sounds very unsettling so I can see why you're upset, especially when law enforcement isn't willing to assist. We've helped out in similar circumstances previously, maybe we should talk more in private about your situation?"

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by Teflon »

when you say dying mysteriously are we talking disease or ripped to shreds?

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

The doctor looks around the area. "Perhaps your Vrusk friend is correct. A private or at least less crowded spot to talk this over would be better. What I have to say is not going to sound very sane to the average citizen and I would rather not get locked away in a mental institute for years while my staff continue to...", the doctor scans around again before continuing, " die mysteriously. Where is a good place we can talk? I am afraid I don't know this part of the city all that well."

Jaakari
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Jaakari »

Lloyd speaks, “Normal, abnormal, sane, insane... we’ve seen a few things. Lay on, then, let’s have a coffee and a chat.”

mghaught
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by mghaught »

"I saw a quaint looking restaurant just a few blocks from here that should give us decent privacy," replied Daz. "Want to try that?"

MajorTom
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by MajorTom »

Rick will finally enter the picture from where he was looking over advanced armor in an armor shop. He arrives and listens in without saying much and will accompany them to talk further with the scientist.

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

The doctor agrees to the restaurant idea. You walk toward the restaurant and walk in. There are only 5 customers there and plenty of empty spots to sit at. You ask the waiter for a remote table and he seats everyone, takes your drink orders. The doctor looks at the menu and orders a buffet for everyone. After everyone gets their food and sits back down, the doctor cautiously looks around before speaking; "If you people agree to help me, there is a catch. You cannot reveal ANYTHING of what you see where we are going. I work for a research station a few kilometers from the city. Classified research. Less than 10000 people across known space even know of it's existence."
The doctor takes a drink before continuing; "Everything was normal until about 3 weeks ago, when the first mysterious death happened. We found one of our Xenobiologists dead in her quarters. We are not sure how she died. Our medical person barely has enough knowledge to apply bandages. Over the next several weeks, more people died under the strange circumstances. A total of 6 so far have died. Nobody has any weapons or even the skill to use one. I think some creature has gotten in the research lab and is killing us off one at a time. Can you help? I will answer questions as I can."

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Teflon »

"my question is why do you think its a creature, were there teeth or claw marks?

Jaakari
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by Jaakari »

“Or is it something more like a pathogen? Just how ‘exotic’ is the stuff you are working with?”

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

The doctor swallows hard; "Well, exotic, is a unique word for what we do down there. I am fairly certain it isn't anything we are working on, because, well, you will have to trust me on this topic. I am not certain for sure about if it's a creature. That is why I am hoping you have a medic with you. We will need him or her or it to perform a diagnosis on the bodies."

mghaught
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by mghaught »

"First of all, we will be discrete around the nature of your work. Does your facility have a Medkit or any other diagnostic tools? I'd guess not but it's good to know. The other question that comes to mind is do you have any budget available for our investigation?"

Jaakari
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by Jaakari »

OOC: let’s leave open the possibility we might need someone with skills beyond the basic. If we collect some info we might find a scientist or doctor. I know we probably have a medical 1 or maybe 2 with us, but it might not be enough.

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

"We have a limited medical room that is used mostly to treat scrapes, bruises, etc. As for payment, I will have to talk to the rest of the staff, but I believe they are all willing to chip in to pay for your services. One minor thing. I would really like it if you did not bring any explosives of any kind to the facility. It is under water and not designed to handle internal demolitions."

MajorTom
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by MajorTom »

Talk of scientific monsters and diseases leaves Rick a bit confused. He does his best to follow along with the conversation.

It occurs to him if he has to go toe to toe with an alien beast, he will know nothing of its structure, making his martial arts less useful. If the group agrees to take the job, Rick decides he will purchase some close in weapons - perhaps an axe, sword and maybe, if his finances allow, some sort of sonic knife or sword. He wonders if sonic weapons are as cool in real life as they appear in the movies.

Return to “Star Frontiers Alpha 1.0 (Advanced Rules)”