OOC Thread

atpollard
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC Thread

#81 Post by atpollard »

I see your Character is up in "PLAYER CHARACTERS".

Check your PM and I'll introduce Sebastian when I merge the two groups ... later today or sometime tomorrow.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#82 Post by atpollard »

To all players, I was finally forced to take a look at MOVEMENT AND ENCUMBRANCE. Since I am lazy (I do not find being the equipment weight Nazi my definition of fun), and I like simple, I added some HOUSE RULES on Encumbrance and Movement to the HOUSE RULES Topic. Here is a copy for quick reference ...

HOUSE RULES: Encumbrance & Movement
Rather that calculate the weight of every item, I propose a simplified movement and encumbrance based on the type of Armor worn. All of your normal weapons and equipment are ignored for encumbrance; only Armor and Treasure carried is counted.
  • Clothing (2 GP).........(AC 10, 2#).....12” Human/Elf...9” Halfling/Dwarf
  • Padded (4 GP)...............(AC 8, 10#).....11” Human/Elf...8” Halfling/Dwarf
  • Leather (5 GP)..............(AC 8, 15#).....11” Human/Elf...8” Halfling/Dwarf
  • Studded Leather (15 GP)...(AC 7, 20#).....10” Human/Elf...7” Halfling/Dwarf
  • Ring Mail (30 GP)...........(AC 7, 20#).....10” Human/Elf...7” Halfling/Dwarf
  • Scale mail (45 GP)..........(AC 6, 25#)......9” Human/Elf...7” Halfling/Dwarf
  • Chain mail (75 GP)..........(AC 5, 30#)......8” Human/Elf...6” Halfling/Dwarf
  • Splint mail (80 GP)..........(AC 4, 35#)......7” Human/Elf...6” Halfling/Dwarf
  • Banded mail (90 GP)........(AC 4, 35#)......7” Human/Elf...6” Halfling/Dwarf
  • Plate Mail (400 GP)..........(AC 3, 40#)......6” Human/Elf...5” Halfling/Dwarf
  • Each 100 coins (10#) > STR bonus............-1”...............-1”

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Rex »

Works for me. The DMG for 1E, page 27 has Movement based on Armor worn if you want to use that. Not as granular as yours (12, 9 or 6 are the only options) and just add a a additional penalty for coin. I am fine with yours though.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#84 Post by atpollard »

Rex wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:05 pmThe DMG for 1E, page 27 has Movement based on Armor worn if you want to use that.
That's where I started, but immediately ran into the question of what should be the movement in Armor for a race with a base movement of 9"? AC varied directly with Cost and Weight, so the 1e Rules seemed to follow that, but the Weight vs Bulk vs Movement didn't track with AC and made some armors very bad choices and others an obvious choice. I just tried to correlate weight with movement and left UNARMORED a slight movement advantage. I figured that an AC 10 MU can use a slight edge in running away over a pursuer in Leather Armor.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#85 Post by atpollard »

Bluetongue wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:51 pmis Edralt still engaged in the game?
I have been wondering the same thing, so I sent the Player a PM asking if he is still interested or has moved on to another game.
Soon the whole group will be together and it will matter less to Bogarde.

If I hear nothing by Saturday, I'll just run Edralt as an NPC until a convenient exit for the character comes up.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Rex »

I am fine with your Move. just thought I would point it out. Many a player and DM I have played with didn't know it was there and let high Str PC's run around with a 12 move in plate mail.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#87 Post by atpollard »

Since this is the easiest place to post it (and you never know when someone will need stats for a Bear as a mount) here are

Pet Beaver: AC 6; MV 6" (land) / 12" (swim); HD 1/2 (4 hp); Bite: 2 att @ 1d4, THACO 20; INT 6 (Low); AL: N(g); Size: S (3', 40#)

Black Bear 'Ajax': AC 7; MV 12" (<100#), 9" (<200#), 6" (<300#); HD 3+3 (18 hp); Claw/Claw/Bite: 3 att @ 1d3/1d3/1d6 + Hug @ 2d4, THACO 17; INT 4 (Semi); AL: N(g); Size: L (6', 500#)

Howman
Runner
Runner

#88 Post by Howman »

I'm planning on playing a Chaotic Good, Human Barbarian.

Going to have to wait for the Unseen Servant dice roller to sort itself out considering I got these for my stat rolls though:
[_4d6c1] = (10+10+10)=30 [_4d6c1] = (10+10+10)=30 [_4d6c1] = (10+10+10)=30

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#89 Post by atpollard »

Howman wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:48 pm I'm planning on playing a Chaotic Good, Human Barbarian.

Going to have to wait for the Unseen Servant dice roller to sort itself out considering I got these for my stat rolls though:
Have you ever thought about playing a Giant? :lol:

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#90 Post by atpollard »

FYI: I added rules for FIGHTING WITH TWO WEAPONS to the House Rules Topic.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#91 Post by atpollard »

Fergie : “Fergie, reading the body language of the Bogarde the fighter believes he past the test. As he gathers his gear”

Bogarde: "Well farmer Fergie, you better dress up in one of those sets of padding. No telling who else is about here. Take your pick of the weapons." He spies the ring and takes it off the finger of the dead guard, biting it in his teeth to attest the sincerity of the gold. He holds it out to the fighter. "I ain't asking yer to marry me! You slew him, you claim his wares." He pouches up 22gp, 26sp and 27cp and a week’s rations in a satchel which he passes to Fergie also.

I know that I told you that I only need Race, Class and Alignment to start a Character playing in the game, and that was true.

I also don’t need to know every item of Fergie’s “gear” that he collects. However, Fergie started out with 100 GP to buy equipment and so far has only mentioned wearing clothes (2 GP) and fighting with his Long Sword (20 GP). That leaves you with a belt pouch containing about 78 GP if you do not choose any armor that you already own or any additional weapons that you already purchased.

There is also the question of whether Fergie took one of the Leather Armors or if he is still AC 10? You should also note the treasure and equipment you were given (Ring #102), 1 week rations, 22gp, 26sp and 27cp on your character sheet somewhere.

Since Fergie isn’t posted in the PLAYER CHARACTERS topic, we can’t look for any of the answers for ourselves. Here is what I have for him as of right now:

[kruk] Fergle ‘Fergie’ McGregor (Human Male): AC 10 (no armor); Move 12”; FIGHTER 2; hp 20; S00:I00:W00:D00:Co00:Ch00; AL CG
(long sword): THACO 19, 1 att @ D8

Armor is the most important thing that I need to know because people can SEE what armor you are wearing so it impacts my ability to describe the character.

Modric
Guide
Guide

#92 Post by Modric »

Sorry I've been absent. RL has gotten in the way. I intend to catch up over the following days.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#93 Post by atpollard »

Sorry for the delay.
Just a bit of Real Life.
Past it now and hope to pick up a more regular pace.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Rex »

No problem.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#95 Post by atpollard »

Day 107 closes and Day 108 dawns (literally and metaphorically).
Breakfast is served at 7 AM.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Stirling »

I posted Phaeus taking the crossbow and bolts.

I offered IC the Scale Armour to Fergie (the reasoning being he is a fighter with no or only leather armour presently).

The shield can go to another character. The CP can be added to Clan Funds.

It might be worth discussing distribution of trove as we find it? Just so that first posters don't necessarily get first choices. Maybe just passing stuff to 'whoever can use it best' works fine but a ring or potion could be used by everyone.

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#97 Post by thenewflesh »

Sorry, I'd all but stopped checking this forum! I'll post tonight.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by Bluetongue »

Does Fergie have a character sheet to post?

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Dram »

I will be leaving for my yearly bird hunting trip in the Upper Pennisula of Michigan. October 8th to the 18th. NPC my character as needed.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#100 Post by atpollard »

Sorry guys ... it isn't you, it was me.

Putting out "little fires" at work when the wheels came off the train. I can finally see my desk again.
So let me get something happening in the game.
Thank you for your patience.

Return to “A Candle in the Darkness (1e)”