The Green Dragon Inn

Paladin
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

Re: The Green Dragon Inn

#61 Post by Ithril »

atpollard wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:18 pm Igber offered the Dwarf a smoked fish and pondered for a moment.
As the malodor of the proffered aquatic meat reaches his nostrils, Morgath chides the two. If you don't finish your fragrant fare before we begin this intrepid adventure of treasure hunting and romance, we will all more likely become the proffered meal to the demon of said cult or dragon rather than pilfering their treasure!
Morgath allows a snicker to break his line, and a fairly unsettling grin to gleam in the wan light of the evening betraying a jest rather than a serious admonition. Though he does not care for fish in truth, and less for the scent of it after it's been smoked.

I

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#62 Post by atpollard »

Ithril wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:17 pm “If you don't finish your fragrant fare before we begin this intrepid adventure of treasure hunting and romance, we will all more likely become the proffered meal to the demon of said cult or dragon rather than pilfering their treasure!”
Igber smiled back at the jesting Dwarf. “True, but it is a lot easier to run off with a handful of smoked fish than a keg of ale, and if I tried drinking all of my calories like a Dwarf, it would likely kill me!” Igber chuckled, “Besides who knows … Demons and Dragons might just like some smoked fish with their Dwarves marinated in Ale. Then I can bargain for my freedom.”

Igber became more serious “Sometimes you have to make your own opportunities if you want to survive.”
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by tibbius »

Orrim's generally bland expression flirts with a smile. "That's a fine meal you have there, mophead," he allows to Igber. Turning his face toward the tower, he adds, "It might be wise, as Morgath recommends, to leave such smelly articles in a safe place outside."
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#64 Post by Valdus »

"How do you expect to sneak around with damned smoked fish in your pocket, eh? Hornbrewer says with a grimace at the sent of the fish. The dwarf brewer truly was taken aback by how quickly, even automatically, he was taken by his new company of adventurers. "Come what may, all who survive will share many a barrel of Hornbrew's Honey Wheat Ale or for those hearty, Crimson Dragon Dwarf Stout!"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Rex »

Chad

"No one is sneaking around with all the talking going on, so I don't think we need to worry about the smell of fish." Chad says with a chuckle.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by atpollard »

Igber ‘the Mop’
Rex wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:18 pm"No one is sneaking around with all the talking going on, so I don't think we need to worry about the smell of fish." Chad says with a chuckle.
“Of Course, if only we didn’t have the smell of food and the sound of talking … ” Igber rolled his eyes “… all these axes and swords and metal armor would suddenly be whisper quiet and we would approach completely undetected.” Igber finished eating the smoked fish, crumpled the large greasy leaves that it had been wrapped in and dropped them in the weeds by the side of the path. “There, now we are in stealth mode.” he said with a chuckle.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by Paladin »

As you stand near the tower, belching and talking, the light from the second floor window disappears, only to reappear moments later when the front door opens and a pair of shadowed figures slips out. They pause outside the door, and you'd almost swear you hear them sniffing.

Momentarily, they continue their errand and disappear behind the structure, their torch bobbing through the relative darkness until it winks out some distance to the north.

All in all, this doesn't match the description of the "ruined tower" you heard mentioned by the locals. It's in excellent repair, for one thing. And inhabited.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Rex »

Chad

Whispering, "Maybe not the best way to go in after all."

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by redwarrior »

Nanoc This makes the back door seem an even better choice to me. Unless, we find it full of the departed pirates....

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#70 Post by Valdus »

"Something is trying to sniff us out, Gerar turns to Igber. "Do get rid of that blasted fish unless it makes us completely undetectable!

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by tibbius »

"Just for the sake of mischief, why not knock on the door and find out what happens?" suggests Orrim.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#72 Post by atpollard »

Valdus wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:03 pm"Do get rid of that blasted fish unless it makes us completely undetectable!
Igber, getting annoyed at this point, begins to throw smoked fish ... one at a time ... at Gerar. When the last fish is gone, he calmly states "There, I am safely divested of all rations. Let's hope this is a short adventure and we are done before breakfast."

"Just for the sake of mischief, why not knock on the door and find out what happens?" suggests Orrim.

"Anything to avoid further discussion of my supper" said Igber as he stepped forward and knocked on the door.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Rex »

Chad

Chad steps up to the wall and places his back to it so he will be out of sight if someone opens the door. Axe at the ready just in case.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#74 Post by tibbius »

"Here's what I'm thinking," added Orrim as Igber rapped on the door. "Those other venturers look like too much for us to handle, and possibly the same for the folk in this tower. But if we allied with the tower folk, we could reap a reward for helping them turn off the muscle-bound braggart and his companions."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by atpollard »

tibbius wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:44 pm "But if we allied with the tower folk, we could reap a reward for helping them turn off the muscle-bound braggart and his companions."
"I'm not so sure about allying with spectres. How does that work, exactly? I figure that we just try to get past them and below the tower to find a treasure of our own, or we can camp just inside the main entrance and wait to rob the other group when they come out. After all, how immoral can it be to steal a stolen treasure from the people that stole it? Igber smiled.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by tibbius »

"We just watched two men carry a torch from the upper floor down and out the door around the tower. I believe specters can see in the dark, and can't carry torches. I think the stories about this tower may be mistaken!"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#77 Post by Ithril »

As Igber rapped on the door, Morgath swiftly ducks to a side, leaning tightly against the wall with as many of his new companions as possible between him and the door, and whatever unknown threat might emerge from it. He's not cowardly, he just figures it's safer if there are some other targets besides himself that are more able to withstand a sudden physical confrontation, and return as good as they get.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#78 Post by ToniXX »

Are we sure this is the correct tower? Cecily muses.
She hugs the wall along with the other, waiting for someone to open the door in response to the knocking.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#79 Post by Valdus »

The well-dressed and groomed dwarf, is dumb-founded by the projectiles of smoked fish thrown at his person. It is no doubt an affront.

"Surely you are as drunk as I," he says to Igber, rolling back when he knocks upon the door of the tower- pulling his axe as if for the first time. "Correct tower or not, towers should not be knocked upon!"

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#80 Post by atpollard »

Valdus wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:04 pm "Correct tower or not, towers should not be knocked upon!"
Igber, easily amused, replied "Of course they are" with a mischievous smile. Then he knocked on the door again in sync with the words "Knock. Knock."

He whispered to the group "You are supposed to say 'Who's there?' in response."

Return to “The Ruined Tower of Zenopus (Holmes Basic)”