Sage Advice

wolfpack
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Sage Advice

#161 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Balasar thanks Ruthgar "Ah thank you Ruthgar, the old warden was quite the warrior. He did some pretty good damage for a man only armed with a dagger. I'm certain Phil would agree."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#162 Post by redwarrior »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Balasar thanks Ruthgar "Ah thank you Ruthgar, the old warden was quite the warrior. He did some pretty good damage for a man only armed with a dagger. I'm certain Phil would agree."
Phil, overhearing chimes in Indeed, I hope one day to be as good as he was with only one eye and a dagger, almost dispatching two warriors - each of us could have been felled by one more blow. Imagine the damage he could have inflicted had he chosen to use that cudgel instead. As it is, he could do more damage with that dagger than most men with an axe or sword.

GreyWolfVT

#163 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Balasar adds "He had more experience and skill than all of us combined, with a dagger one eye and no armor. I even used magic against him and it barely hurt him. I wouldn't want to imagine if he was armored, and armed with that cudgel. Then again I imagine most of us would have nothing to think about, what with our brains splattered everywhere."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by wolfpack »

After divvying things up and cleaning up the store you return to the inn.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Storm11 »

Storm get straight to work scribing Levitate into his spellbook.
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by ravenn4544 »

Allan returns looking a little disappointed. He looks over the party and see how things have changed - some quite drastically. He doesn't call attention to the emerald eye but he certainly glances at it frequently and the group to get a sense of it's portent. He remains quiet.

I was unsuccessful thus far in uncovering anything further. I did not make it to the library yet, however. I thought it best to catch up here first before continuing.

He is thankful for the offer of the ring to aide in the success of the mission.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Rex »

Hildr

Hildr takes Gustaf's eye patch and covers the gem, "Best to not draw to much attention."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by wolfpack »

What are you plans now?

It seems Storm plans to spend 4 days scribbling spells.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Storm11 »

Well two for sure. Is it morning now after the sage visit? He will spend the rest of today and tomorrow definitely scribing Levitate. If the others are in a rush he will forgo the wizard lock until they get back and try and catch them up after two days
Greys Campaign.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by wolfpack »

it is the morning after the meeting

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#171 Post by redwarrior »

Phil is ready to go as soon as the rest of the party is. While we are here, he will try to deepen his knowledge of Odin, either in conversation with Hildr, or at the temple if she is busy. The remainder of the time, he will spend replacing and repairing any gear that needs it.

If it comes to a vote, Phil would like to go sooner rather than later. We know that they have a plan that they are continuing to work on. Why give them more time to work on it? Having fought members of this party three times, and having had one of their major demons destroyed in their last encounter, surely they will use any extra time they have before their ritual to prepare for us?

But He'll abide by the party's vote. If it seems like it'll be several days before we start out, he will try to price out a suit of plate mail, though if a carriage ride is 10 GP, he doesn't hold out much hope of finding one he can afford.

should be at full HP now, through Hildr's last spell & rest

GreyWolfVT

#172 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Balasar is ready to go whenever the group is ready.

Sarin too is ready to move on, once the group is good to go. "I am unsure what else to do at this juncture but I could reach out to the guild and see if they have any information. But it'd likely lead to me doing something for them before they are willing to share the info. I'd rather not waste our time with another side job."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#173 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

I feel a pressure to get a move on as well... but we have to consider everyone's needs in a large group, a difficult task. Ruthgar is willing to spend the two extra days so the mages can finish their work, if they feel the need is key.

Phil, I can loan you, say, 100 coin if that might help in your search for armor. This is a large city, the chances that there is a suit already made that could fit you seem high, but what do I know. I think this would be a sound investment.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#174 Post by Darklin2 »

Felix

I have learned one spell and will stop for the rest. I have no urgent need for the other. It can wait until we return. The end of the world is more important than my learning another spell.

OOC- Felix is ready.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#175 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

OCC: Prayed for a single CLW overnight. Current load out is CLW x 5, detect traps, hold person, silence 15' radius and slow poison.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT

#176 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:Allan returns looking a little disappointed. He looks over the party and see how things have changed - some quite drastically. He doesn't call attention to the emerald eye but he certainly glances at it frequently and the group to get a sense of it's portent. He remains quiet.

I was unsuccessful thus far in uncovering anything further. I did not make it to the library yet, however. I thought it best to catch up here first before continuing.

He is thankful for the offer of the ring to aide in the success of the mission.
Sarin flips the ring to Allen like a coin. "It's done right by me and Felix before so it should aid you if needed Allen."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Storm11 »

Storm is happy for them to leave without him.
Greys Campaign.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#178 Post by redwarrior »

spanningtree wrote:Ruthgar:
Phil, I can loan you, say, 100 coin if that might help in your search for armor. This is a large city, the chances that there is a suit already made that could fit you seem high, but what do I know. I think this would be a sound investment.

Phil Thank you, should I need it, I will certainly accept your aid. I'd like to spend a bit more time fighting and less time bleeding.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by ravenn4544 »

Allan also can pitch in 150 gold to help the group with equipment if needed.

OOC: I never made it to the library even though that was my plan (to gather more info on the stones if possible). Allan spent some time with a pigeon and 'speak with animals' ability. He has some experimenting do to....

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by wolfpack »

Phil heads out to armorers row where weapon smiths and armorers abound. Any kind of weapon or armor common or exotic can be found.

You find many ornate sets of armor and shield and weapons, but like any large city prices are high.

You find the price of a ready suit of plate ranges from 500 gold for the most striped down basic to 5000 for ornate plate.

You can have a set of basic plate made for 450 but it will take 2 weeks.

Return to “Antiquities Timeline (1e)”