A New Quest

wolfpack
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: A New Quest

#21 Post by Darklin2 »

Felix

Will sit and listen to everything said. Soaking it up like a sponge. Making note of the powerful weapons that are spoke about and the Outer Planar information past among all present.

I am not sure I can offer anything to this fight but I am here. I will do what I can when you are all ready to move out.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin will attend the meeting.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rex »

Hildr

Hildr would also have attended.

"Phil, would you mind if I handle the spear? It is the weapon of choice of Odin. Perhaps if it holds an unknown power I may be able to detect it."

Fixed spear owners name.
Last edited by Rex on Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by redwarrior »

phil smiles at Hildr. I suppose you can touch my spear. Be gentle.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rex »

Hildr

Hildr chuckles, "I promise."

GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin looks concerned at the exchange between his half-sister and Phil. Then rolls his eyes and walks away realizing they are flirting he'd rather avoid seeing his sibling flirting with men.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rex »

Hildr

"OH!" Hildr remains still for a minute or so with a vacant stare. Snapping out of it she shakes her head as if to reorient herself.

"The Spear is unquestionably a holy artifact of Odin, it spoke to me in the form of an ancient prayer to Odin. Whatever it's powers are, or if it has more in the hands of a follower of Odin I do not know. I think perhaps in our quest it may benefit us all if I were to carry it, but it is yours and I will not attempt to take it from you, Odin would not look favorably on such an act. I obviously have nothing that I can offer you even approaching the value of the Spear. But if you allow me to carry it I offer you my spear, certainly not as powerful as this one but it is magical and proven in combat with demons. Perhaps my share of whatever we come across will be of more value to you and I would be honor bound to compensate you to the best of my abilities."

Turning to the High Priest of Rongo, "High Priest Thoran you have witnessed here today the naming of this Rune Spear as a holy artifact of Odin. For your records I recite the prayer to Odin it spoke to me before it might perish from my mortal memories."

In the loud clear voice of an ordained Curate speaking in ritual,

"Hail Odin, Lord of Asgard,
Warrior and wanderer, valiant and wise,
You to whom all the gods of Asgard look,
Sky Father on the eight-legged steed,
You who traded an eye for wisdom
And ruled a turbulent realm,
Give us the wisdom to accept
The twists and turns of Fate
Even as you surrendered yourself
To the mercies of the Norns.
Protect us, All-Father,
From what harm may come to us.
Lead us through the wilderness
And bring us safely to that great hall
That you reserve only for the brave of spirit."

She then turns to Phil and hands him the Spear, "Use it wisely."

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by redwarrior »

Phil accepts his spear back. Thank you Hildr! I will keep it with me, at least for now. Though I will think on your words... I'll admit, in my time in the Armies, I gave Gods little thought, as they seemed remote enough that they didn't affect the life of a fighting man. Given what I have seen over the last several weeks, demons, being possessed, and the healing power I've seen Ruthgar channel from Tyr, as well as our hosts using Rongo's power to break the hold a demon had on my mind... Well, it appears that the Gods are more relevant than I thought. Perhaps, as time allows, you can tutor me in the ways of Odin, so that as long as I hold the spear, I can use it in ways that he would approve of?

This is a sincere request on Phil's part, not a continuation of the flirtation. He really doesn't want to give the spear up, but is thinking maybe he should. I figure, since Odin is a major god, directly tied to combat, Phil would be at least slightly familiar with him. I don't know that an actual conversion would happen, but He's in the range of Odin's worshipers per Deities & Demi. And even if a full conversion doesn't happen, it couldn't hurt to know more of the God whose artifact you - at least temporarily - cary. And I kinda like the storyline. :-)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by wolfpack »

Any questions or comments

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

Ruthgar sits back and pulls his "Skin, extreme alcohol (110 proof)" from the pack laying beside his chair, take a swig and offers it to others.

It sounds like there are two tasks to complete, the first to deny the stones from being joined and the second to destroy them.... correct? The years on the abyss have corrupted them.

My thoughts are that we should head to Starlorn to prevent the merging. Can we utilize a cult portal to do so? Say we prevent the merging... and the cultists have penetrated the container your order had created... how do we take possession of them without of them without excessive prolonged duress to ourselves?

Lastly, how can they be destroyed?

OCC: Ja, I mean we can pull this off but it will take a day or two... :)
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by wolfpack »

We have no way of understanding how to operate the cult ancient portals. There is no one in this small city powerful enough to use magic to send you, however I have taken it upon myself to send a dove to someone I know in Volgne. A powerful mage who owes me a favor, he will be able to get you to Starlorn he has spent time in the city and is familiar with it, so he should be able to safely teleport you there.

Destroying the stones, yes I consulted with Great Rongo with that as well. the stones were used in one of the most defining events in the worlds history. the only event greater....

the creation. The stones must be taken to the center of the lake of the immortals and sunk to the bottom.

I do not know why the gods have chosen to pout you on this path, but they have. This is not mere chance, I believe you are all destined to fulfill this quest. Some of you may not survive till the end, mayhap none of you will survive but I trust the will of the gods ad those who do not make it will dwell in the heavens.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

Nods at the high priest: This mage from Volgne, when will he be here? The mages in our group have cloistered themselves in a room at a local tavern, not sure what they are doing but I don't want to tread.... Rolling his eyes. Do we have a day or two to prepare? Is there any chance this mage from Volgne could help our mages prepare for this task?

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by redwarrior »

Phil

The lead box we used last time worked a little. Maybe a blacksmith could make a couple- much smaller - ones? Unless the priests of Rongo have more of the containers they used on the stone we brought them?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rex »

Hildr

"Yes Phil, I can offer advice on how Odin views actions and expects his followers to act. Beyond that is up to you."

Turning to the others. "Clearly we have a task to complete and we will all need to prepare. I need to go to the shrine to Odin and pray and meditate. Much lies in front of us."

GreyWolfVT

#35 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin shakes his head "So it's a suicide mission then. Well so be it."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by wolfpack »

The mage while owing me a favor and will teleport you is not exactly happy about the situation. I do not think he will do more beyond provide transportation. He will be here 3 days from now.

We can provide you with warded boxes the gems could be placed in once acquired, not not touch them directly. He hands ruthgar a wooden box, we can offer ypou these potions as well to help you.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by redwarrior »

Phil will use the time we have to repair and maintain his weapons and equipment.

If she will allow him, he will accompany Hildr to the temple or shrine of Odin in this town. (If not, he'll try to find it on his own) Once there, he will leave her to her duties and try to learn what he can of Odin and his followers from the temple priest(s) and any worshippers that will talk to him. He'll offer a few bumbling prayers that he use Geirr Jurs in ways that would be pleasing to Him.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rex »

Hildr

Hildr is pleased to take Phil to the shrine with her. "It is very small, barely a hostile really. Just one priest."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

Smiles at Phil's undertaking of religion and puppy love.
wolfpack wrote:The mage while owing me a favor and will teleport you is not exactly happy about the situation. I do not think he will do more beyond provide transportation. He will be here 3 days from now.

We can provide you with warded boxes the gems could be placed in once acquired, not not touch them directly. He hands ruthgar a wooden box, we can offer ypou these potions as well to help you.
Takes the box and inspects the contents. Father, I will stay here at the temple until Volgne arrives, I can help repair the damage the cultists caused. It would be an honor to work with the clergy without armor for a few days, if you will have me.

OCC: Contents of the box?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by wolfpack »

You are welcome to stay with our acolytes in the community room.

Volgne (a kingdom) is where the mage is coming from

In the padded box are 4 potions 3 marked as healing 1 marked as sweet water

Return to “Antiquities Timeline (1e)”