#1 Post by Marullus »

Discuss whatever you like here. :)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion

#2 Post by Marullus »

Alethan wrote:Gudmund
Birth Augur (5): Conceived on horseback; Luck applies to mounted combat.
....the logistics are staggering. :shock:

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

Marullus wrote:
Alethan wrote:Gudmund
Birth Augur (5): Conceived on horseback; Luck applies to mounted combat.
....the logistics are staggering. :shock:
Right? Unfortunately, I forgot to apply my Luck modifier to the roll (that's what the rules say to do?) so it changed to something else. Doesn't matter much, though, as he's got crap for luck.

Do all Level 0 characters also start off with a random (1d24) piece of adventuring equipment?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Marullus »

Alethan wrote:Do all Level 0 characters also start off with a random (1d24) piece of adventuring equipment?
Right! You mean this table:
Table 3-4 - Adventuring Equipment.png
Table 3-4 - Adventuring Equipment.png (85.44 KiB) Viewed 1827 times
I think in this case, you aren't INTENTIONALLY adventuring, since you're refugees fleeing the city's fall. I am okay if characters want to pick a single item from this list, but I have given narrative freedom to pick any flavorful item you wish to save as your home collapses. (I think that is more meaningful in our game-start context.)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Marullus »

Faanku wrote:Gear: A literal sack of shit. I'm sure there's a good reason for this.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I look forward to this story. ;)

Gongfarmer IRL:
Last edited by Marullus on Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Marullus »

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by AleBelly »

Which edition of the rules are we using? The Goodman Games site isn't exactly laid out in the most intuitive fashion for a newcomer like me. I have a copy of the beta rules, but those are from 2011...

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Marullus »

I have a "core rulebook" and "third printing" by filename. Both are copyright 2012 and neither has any versioning information apparent upon it. My two PDFs look identical as near as I can tell and I'm not aware of any substantive revisions. (Can others chime in?)

As long as you have a full (non-beta) version, it's my assumption that you're good. If we find any discrepencies in play, we'll address them.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by greyarea »

DCC printings (post the beta versions) have no significant changes. They are not editions in the D&D sense, but will contain errata and new artwork (which is salivating for collectors).

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by Alethan »

On the Goodman Games website (https://goodman-games.com/), about half way down on the right hand side is a link for Free DCC RPG Quick Start Rules. I suspect that will get most players through what they need.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by ybn1197 »

greyarea wrote:DCC printings (post the beta versions) have no significant changes. They are not editions in the D&D sense, but will contain errata and new artwork (which is salivating for collectors).
Correct. Though I have only played once, I started with the 4th printing and they are currently on the 7th printing. As Greyarea said, the only changes are errata, clarifications, new artwork, and the adventure(s) at the back of the book changes.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by AleBelly »

Cool, thanks everyone.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by Alethan »

I love how all the stories are starting to intertwine...

But I'm not looking forward to trying to keep track of it all! When does the weeding commence?

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Yes, I was having fun trying to figure out how to make connections between the characters and have a list of the names and trades written out to organize my thoughts on it - 26 characters at my count!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Marullus »

Yeah, it will be 30-40 characters. :shock:

I asked everyone to place themselves in the city. My next step will be to break them up into clusters and arbitrate each one separately as they try to escape the city.

Given the volume, I will probably break them into separate threads - 1a, 1b, 1c, etc.

I expect to have winnowed the groups considerably by the time you escape the city and reach freedom. The first chapter is getting to that point, through the Red Morning.

I love the interpersonal ties you're creating already. I hope that things are intense and personal going through this initial funnel. Those that survive carry memories not those that die into the rest of the chronicle.

:)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Marullus »

Rain at the end of the week, so last minute change of plans for my household. Taking my daughter camping now, should be able to be back by Thursday. Don't know what availability of time, battery, and cell tower coverage will be in between. :)

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by greyarea »

Enjoy the camping. We'll see you when we get back.

(Okay, players. The DM is gone. Let's start role playing 1920's gangsters instead of the usual tropes!)

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by redwarrior »

Marullus wrote:Rain at the end of the week, so last minute change of plans for my household. Taking my daughter camping now, should be able to be back by Thursday. Don't know what availability of time, battery, and cell tower coverage will be in between. :)
Awesome!! Enjoy!

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by ybn1197 »

Marullus wrote:Rain at the end of the week, so last minute change of plans for my household. Taking my daughter camping now, should be able to be back by Thursday. Don't know what availability of time, battery, and cell tower coverage will be in between. :)
Enjoy the weather while you can!

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sounds fun! Both camping and 1920's gangster slang.

(Magna sees the goons at the end of the alley - worried the stool-pigeon had sent the bulls after her - her time was up. She never should have bent cabbage. She hops in her bucket and peels away to hang with her dewdropper before getting packed into a Chicago overcoat. I am terrible at this!)

Return to “The Fires of Wrath (DCC)”