The Fellowship

wolfpack
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Fellowship

#21 Post by Storm11 »

Well I do understand that. I think if you want to be sure to stop them you should find some adventurers that are much more powerful and capable than we. It would be a slaughter and suicide to send us neophytes to tackle an army of demons. the wizard says with a shrug.
Greys Campaign.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by wolfpack »

Storm11 wrote:Well I do understand that. I think if you want to be sure to stop them you should find some adventurers that are much more powerful and capable than we. It would be a slaughter and suicide to send us neophytes to tackle an army of demons. the wizard says with a shrug.

if you don't want to continue then don't continue. You are free to leave anytime you wish

he stands and leaves the room

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin listens to it all and thinks Saxony has a bit of a point "I don't know you well enough yet Saxony, but I trend toward your line of thinking, if it is a demon war lets let them duke it out. Then we could always attempt to fight the victor of that fight but that is my own addition to your thoughts."

Balasar chimes in "While we may not be champions or even long experienced heroes of fables we should do at least attempt to take down those of the evil cult that we can and try to stop them from performing whatever ritual they plan. I for one don't want to live in a world with demons popping in as they wish. Bad enough there are any here now as it is. We at least have a good number of us now that we may well stand a better chance in taking them on." he tries to add some logic and strategic thinking to the conversation.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by redwarrior »

Phil listens to the cross-talk for a while. I have touched that cursed gem and felt the evil behind it. I have seen visions of what can be unleashed. I, for one, will do everything in my power to ensure that they are destroyed or contained. If they gain easy entry to our world, we will drown in our own blood.
Last edited by redwarrior on Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Storm11 »

Storm nods his head at that. The cultists I can get on board with stopping. But if demons are appearing I for one will he running the other way quick smart. It is said they are heavily resistant to mortal magic and as a wizard I know nothing of combat. If we can stop this before it happens I am all for us trying however. But fighting a demon army? I am out!”
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin adds to the conversation "Storm was it? Have you ever heard the saying cut the head off the snake and the body dies? Perhaps similar can be said to an army. I am not from the militia but perhaps that can be true if there is no one to lead the army it may well fall."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Storm11 »

Storm shrugs. Well as far as I know there are many major demons in the abyss that will be sure to take up leadership. But yes let’s hope so. If we can retake the stones again and then this time find a way to destroy them before they are used to open the gate, then that sounds like a plan that can. But we don’t know where the stones are now, nor how long it may take the cultists to rejoin them and proceed, nor how they found out the second stone was in the temple of Rongo in the first place. There could be a mole somewhere in our midst. We need information that is for sure, to even know where to begin. And I need a few days to copy some magic we just found into my book of spells so I can even be somehweat useful.
Greys Campaign.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rex »

Hildr

"Thank you Brother Ruthgar." Hildr moves to find herself a seat.

"Although our goal, or at least some of us have the ultimate goal of stopping the Demons from being able to physically enter this world it doesn't necessarily mean we will have to directly fight the most powerful of demons we oppose. We have already battled many different types of demons and overall been successful. Yes here we were unable to stop one from taking the stone, but he was not uninjured and clearly did not want to continue the fight." She stops and looks everyone over.

"I think now would be a good time to share what we know and perhaps some of our stories. I feel the Gods have driven us to this point for a reason and a task lays before us. As is often there way it appears to be unclear, but I am confident it is within our power to discover what must be done and to accomplish it."
Last edited by Rex on Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rex »

Xanthe

"Yes, sharing information seems a good thing to do." Xanthe finds herself a seat.

"I am fairly new to this and have little to add but perhaps if I learn more I can be of more assistance. As I have already said I was here in this temple to exchange some coin when the attack occurred, I rushed to the aid of the priests and guards already fighting. Meeting Felix and Sarin along the way we joined the fight later than some of the others. I was unable to harm the demons myself but was able to aid in forcing the wall of demons apart to allow the High Priest to reach the most powerful of demon who had the stone. He was clearly hurt by the High Priests mace and instead of attacking him fled with the stone." She pauses a moment.

"I am here because I feel something has to be done and I don't believe in coincidence. Running away from this seems like cowardice to me and I will not allow fear to determine my actions, if I do, I am already lost."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by spanningtree »

Ruthgar:

There is really not question about doing all that we can, even if it kills us. A demon infested world is something we cannot permit.
With a shrug. What is our next move?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Stirling »

Saxony

"Don't mind him. He don't fight much anyways. He 'whizz' a bit though. Took some some ghouls down I recall that took most of us out. We gonna need need all the whizz, prayers and blades to take down a resurgent cult." he says pointing at Storm

"He might be right about we don't know. But we got a man who does. We still got the Head?"

GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin chimes back in "Closest we can come to the head is Cillian he was suspected and we found out he was more than a mere lacky. We think with what we found he is the leader or pretty damned close to the top of the cultist leadership." the half-elf fighting-thief takes out the map he took from the cultist hideout and shares it with the others.

Balasar sees the map Sarin takes out and digs out the one recently found and the note.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by wolfpack »

The 2 maps are the same maps of the north.

the one sarin has
you see a circle drawn around two locations. The forgotten wood and hommingdale
pinned to the map is a note
Master Cillian the location of the Shaytan stones are marked. Join lord Sha'zul and return them to the birthplace to open the way for mighty Pazuzu.

The map balasar has
There are check marks next the the Thickwood and the Homming Hills.
There is a circle around the city of Markainus
There is a star around the city of Starlorn
pinned on the map is note
Lord Sha'zul, Master Cillian knows the ritual to combine the stones

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by redwarrior »

Stirling wrote:Saxony

"Don't mind him. He don't fight much anyways. He 'whizz' a bit though. Took some some ghouls down I recall that took most of us out. We gonna need need all the whizz, prayers and blades to take down a resurgent cult." he says pointing at Storm

"He might be right about we don't know. But we got a man who does. We still got the Head?"

Phil grabs the bundled up cloak from his bag. Yes, we do. It's starting to smell, though.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by wolfpack »

after a bit Maxim does come back and look in on you.

You gentlemen may take as long as you need. However the high priest is deep in meditation and is not likely to be available to speak to until tomorrow or the following day.

GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin & Balasar comparing notes between the two maps and the notes.

Sarin "So the question is are they in Markainus or Starlorn. One of those I think would be our next destination. But what is all of this about a cultists head?"

Balasar acts as if it is nothing "Oh yes the head well we brought it so we might talk to the dead to gain more information."

Sarin nodding his head "Not a bad idea. Lets see then what information we can gain. Also be very careful how you phrase and ask questions of the dead." he looks to Hildr.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rex »

Hildr

Hildr tells their story.

see here. viewtopic.php?f=939&t=10024

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by ravenn4544 »

Allan, the quiet robed man listening to the exchange, nods finally in agreement. "Indeed, this unbalance of the demon world needs to be righted in our own. As difficult as it may be, it is the right path to take."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by wolfpack »

if you are done with conversing let me know what actions you want to take. if you still want to talk among yourselves feel free

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Rex »

Hildr

"Could one of you share your story so far, perhaps we will learn something that will allow us to think of the best path forward,"

Return to “Antiquities Timeline (1e)”