Ch. 1: Rescue Penelope Primrose!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 1: Rescue Penelope Primrose!

#81 Post by Rex »

Finn

Finn will check the bandits for anything that might be useful, hoping for keys maybe. "Best talk, when I am done searching your buddies I am going to have to decide if you get the ax or not."
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Twiddle keeps his arrow knocked, progressing up the stairs a bit while Molly, et al interrogate the prisoner. He isn't sure how he feels about this guy, considering he just killed Alton.

Twiddle will go quietly up/down the next set of stairs to scout ahead. Assuming it is ahead.
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Starbeard »

Geoff saunters up and puts out his cigar against the cheek of the dead bandit, making sure it sizzles in front of the one still living.

He has nothing to say to the captive. Others are handling that. He looks for weapons he can use to vanquish more evil.
Modric
Guide
Guide

#84 Post by Modric »

Grond

Will move towards and intimidate the captured bandit.
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#85 Post by The_Wanderer »

Cy

Cy falls to his knees over Alton and turns the man over. "Alton? Alton...oh the blood. Alton...He's not breathing." The blood meanwhile continues to seep out of Alton's lifeless body. Sensing it is hopeless, Cy closes his eyes and begins to pray over Alton. "Please bring his soul safely through to the other side."

When he stands up, his hands are bloody and he is light headed from his own injuries. He walks slowly to the prisoner, grabs his face and snarls, "You did this. Why did you do this?" When he pulls his hand away, the brigand's face carries Alton's blood.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Zhym »

The last of the four bandits stands with his hands in the air as Molly, Finn, and Grond threaten him. Cy prays over the dead Alton and wonders aloud why anyone would do this.

Molly aims at the bandit's face and growls. "Answer the question bullseye features, lest you want to try catching this with your teeth. Where''s Penelope?"

All of the bandit's former bravado is gone. Fear shows on his bloodied face as he looks from Molly's arrow to Finn's axe to Grond's sword and back. "I dunno!" he pleads. "Honest! Boss goes in, says I guard the door and don't let anyone through or he wears my skull as a codpiece. So I guard the door. Boss din't tell me where he was going. If you gonna kill me, make it quick, okay?"

Meanwhile, Geoff and Twiddle scout out the area and loot the dead. A closed set of carved wooden doors stands ahead of you, just past where you fought the bandits. You find nothing on two of the dead bandits, but the big one had 51 gold pieces and 34 copper pieces in a small belt pouch. The spoils of battle also include three short bows, three daggers, and three human-sized sets of leather armor.

While you interrogate the bandit, a dwarf trots up the stairs, looking like he's wondering whether he missed anything.

-----
Status: Finn (½1): 5/5; Grond (F1): 7/7; Twiddle (½1): 4/4; Molly (½1): 3/3; Cy (C1): 2/5; Geoff (T1): 4/4; Iliro (E1): 6/6
Light Sources: Lantern (Grond): 22 turns; Torch (Alton): 4 turns
Effects: None
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Starbeard »

Geoff takes a dagger and some arrows and ignores the new dwarf, examining the hinges, underside and latch on the double doors.

Are there enough arrows around for me to increase my count to 30, or will that be too many in the quiver?
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Twiddle looks over the lot, then looks at Alton and shrugs. He rifles through the dead man's belongings and places anything useful looking into the pile. He notes the man must have been a poor thief, Not a copper on him...

1 Thieves Tools
1 Waterskin
1 Standard Rations (unpreserved food for 1 person for 1 week)
5 Torches (unlit)

If no one else take the thieves told, Twiddle will. They're with money. He also grabs enough arrows to replace the 2 used.

Edit.
Twiddle see the new dwarf and hefts his spear defensively. Where'd you come from? We're here rescuing a lady. What'd'you want?
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#89 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dax watches with interest as he sees folks scavenging things from what appear to be dead men then decides while being ignored to call to the folk doing the scavenging "Ey you what ha doin eh? Be you bandits er goodly folk that just took the bandits down? I warn ya I'm good wit me axe and I dun wanna use it on tha wrong folk ya know." the dwarf says easing his way down to the others looting the dead axe in hand ready to attack if he has to.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Zhym »

Starbeard wrote:Are there enough arrows around for me to increase my count to 30, or will that be too many in the quiver?
Thanks for reminding me about the arrows. There are 24 arrows in three quivers. A standard BX quiver can hold 20 arrows.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Rex »

Finn

"We are the good guys. Here to save a lady from theses bandits. What you doing here?"
GreyWolfVT

#92 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dax smiles through his facial hair "Ah good then we're here for the same thing. I'm here ta save miss primrose." the dwarf puffs out his chest a bit.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Rex »

Finn

"Excellent, you passed my test and knew her name. Glad to have your help."
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#94 Post by The_Wanderer »

Cy

Cy turns to the newcomer and nods. "Be good to have another set of hands. These guys are playing for keeps." Cy slings his shield over his shoulder and pats tenderly at the wound still seeping blood in his side.

"So what do we do with this guy then? Think he can tell us what to look forward to inside?"
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

All of the bandit's former bravado is gone. Fear shows on his bloodied face as he looks from Molly's arrow to Finn's axe to Grond's sword and back. "I dunno!" he pleads. "Honest! Boss goes in, says I guard the door and don't let anyone through or he wears my skull as a codpiece. So I guard the door. Boss din't tell me where he was going. If you gonna kill me, make it quick, okay?"
He says he doesn't know and wants to die quick. So either he's a lying fool, or worthless. Twiddle kicks the man's knees out, bringing him to the halfling's level, then slits the man's throat. He looks at the others and shrugs. We couldn't bring him with us, and couldn't take him back. And he killed Alton.

Let's get Ms. Penelope!
He adds with a cheerful smile. He moves to shake the dwarf's hand. Pleased to have you. I'm Twiddle!
GreyWolfVT

#96 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dax looks around at the fallen as he approaches closer to the others questioning the bandit "Which one of these lads was Alton?" he asks looking around "Aughta give the poor lad a decent burial at least, an i know ya all aint gonna agree entirely with me on this but we aught to make use of his pack an gear within. Aint gonna do him no good in the afterlife. But I aint gonna say ta take his weapon or armor those we dwarves bury with our dead an thats only right in me mind."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Rex »

Finn

"I have no issue with using Alton's pack, nothing personal in there anyways. I will help bury him and say a prayer, I didn't know him well but he came along to do the right thing."
Modric
Guide
Guide

#98 Post by Modric »

Grond

Grond likes dwarfs.

I can try to pry open the wooden door. If I get it opened, then I will use a spike to keep it open.
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Starbeard »

Geoff sets a bow and quiver of twenty arrows aside, seeing that the dwarf Dax only carries a sling. "Nice to meet ya, Dax. You look like you can swing an axe pretty well. Here, this bow is pretty sturdy, it might come in handy for you."

Zhym wrote:Thanks for reminding me about the arrows. There are 24 arrows in three quivers. A standard BX quiver can hold 20 arrows.
Geoff takes two arrows to replenish his own quiver.

Rusty Tincanne wrote:If no one else take the thieves told, Twiddle will. They're with money. He also grabs enough arrows to replace the 2 used.
I'll take the tools if you're offering, I actually haven't got any yet.
GreyWolfVT

#100 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dax takes the bow from Geoff and gives it a look over eyeballing it he replies "Bows bah I usually use crossbows, but I'll keep it as a backup I suppose. Thank ya. Names Dax by the way." he offers a smile in kind.

Return to “Zhym's Hack-'n-Slash Random Dungeon Crawl (BX)”