OOC Discussion 2

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC Discussion 2

#81 Post by kalstone »

I agree. I don't think we should wait on our weapons. The wagon can bring them up to us.
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by drpete »

Sooo... everyone's healed after one day (rest & care & cure lights). You saying you want to go back to the camp without waiting on the military oil and Solaine's pole hammer? (and Comfrey, right? You were also waiting on some of that, I think?)

You can get regular lamp oil, the dog armor and the first pig with no wait, as well as the first two batches of military oil, if you want them today. Were there particular blunt or pole arms people actually bought, or were those just questions?
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8
bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#83 Post by bobloblah »

I'd suggest heading back to camp due to the other parties headed out to Dwimmermount. I'm particularly worried about our camp guards.
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by drpete »

Since a few of you posted, but didn't comment on this suggestion, I assumed you were good with it...

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by drpete »

Out of curiosity, you guys are still carrying around a lot of the black skeleton bones. Any plans to do anything with those? Just lugging them around, for now?

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#86 Post by barkman »

Do we have a place to store things like that in town that's secure? If so, i would drop my monster parts, other than the one shark toothed size one i'm putting on a strip of leather to wear around my neck.
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by drpete »

Secure may be stretching things a bit, but you can store things either in your room at the inn (shared with another party member), or in the inn's office. The owner is letting you guys put stuff in a back room. It doesn't have strong locks, but it's sort of out of the way. Theoretically, this is better for gear like ropes and 10 foot poles and stuff, but you can put what you like there.

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#88 Post by bobloblah »

It might be better to just hide them a short distance from camp. I can't see anything considering them as food.
bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#89 Post by bobloblah »

I figure we're going to take one more day before we actually head in to Dwimmermount (hangover recovery)...I was thinking we go bargain with the giant ape-thing (assuming it's still alive), then rest at camp until the morning. We could, instead of just resting after talking to the gigantape, head back to town to see if we can recruit a little more help...
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#90 Post by kalstone »

That sounds good. Not all of us need to go back to town to recruit help. Most of us can stay here and help hold down the fort.
bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#91 Post by bobloblah »

Agreed. Okay, who has a Charisma bonus? Galen actually does, but you wouldn't know it from in play! He'd be happy to head back with someone... Solaine and Randolpho, maybe?
:D
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#92 Post by kalstone »

Solaine has the charisma of a porcupine (and I've tried to roleplay her that way :D ), but she can go with you if needed. Steel might be a better choice if any bargaining needs to be done.
bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#93 Post by bobloblah »

Solaine was there for muscle, but you're right, Steel might be a better choice due to Bargaining. I had thought to take Randolpho because Steel is arguably a better combatant, in case anything happens at the camp, and Randolpho is sneaky, in case we need subterfuge in town.
barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#94 Post by barkman »

Randolpho's fine with going back to town, but he's not the most charismatic person (9). He does know how to catch and turn rodents and voles into a nice stew if we get lost on the way back to camp. :)
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#95 Post by Dogma »

Ranulf thinks he's charismatic...but mostly he's just full of himself :)
Lamech
Guide
Guide

#96 Post by Lamech »

Okay, so I have a new computer, which means I should be fairly well resolved with computer issues. I do have a question though: Is the login for the dice roller section different from the login for the forums sections? Because the newly recovered password didn't seem to work for the dice roller...
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by drpete »

Welcome back!

It would be a different login, yeah.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#98 Post by Lamech »

Yup figured that out. It turns out they reset your password much quicker. And for some ungodly reason limit passwords to 16 characters! Why! Why would anyone do that!
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Zorroroaster »

drpete wrote:Alright, fair enough... "it becomes apparent". Comfrey is a tool for characters with healing proficiency. You're right, I should have piped up with that before, sorry.

Galen moves forward to care for the giant ape. The ape at first seems apprehensive, but then Galen's gentle touch calms him. At one point, Galen looks up at the ape to see if the wound is stinging, and their eyes meet. Galen senses a gentleness under the harsh exterior of this giant ape, an almost human connection. After a moment, the ape man's muscles tense, he breaks eye contact and starts grunting and looking away, the moment gone.

After Galen offers to heal him with magic, the ape nods, winces, and braces himself, as if for something very painful.
Made me think of this:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (69.28 KiB) Viewed 364 times
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#100 Post by kalstone »

:lol:

Well done guys. I was afraid my dumb idea was going to get you both killed, but (it looks like) you pulled it off.

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”