[Completed] - Valorei/Elves II - 2 April, 1 VC

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Valorei/Elves II - 2 April, 1 VC

#81 Post by Keehnelf »

Did Olympia have any healing left from the day before she'd like to use, on herself or on Dorvar?
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As they wait for the Griffon to return, Valorei will remain seated near Olympia while Niles takes the time to go over what has transpired while she slept, "I suppose it would be best for us to speak about the coins we received, yes? Varas, How much would your horse be able to carry? I don't mean to make it into some kind of beast of burden mind you, it's just that the beast can carry more than us. Whatever amount would be acceptable for it and with the remainder split up among the entire group I believe we should be able to handle such an amount with ease." He looks around for any suggestions.

"We must also find a way to heal Dorvar of his injuries..."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Keehnelf »

A single saddlebag can carry 30 pounds total--Mustard's saddlebags might already have some other items in them, like feed and so forth, however.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Zhym »

The coins are really big and round, right? Maybe we can find a way to roll them back to Vaul. :D
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Keehnelf »

Nah, they're more or less typical coin size :)
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Zhym »

So if the coins aren't worth anything extra for being historical, we're talking about 600 gp worth of silver coins?
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- We should be able to distribute the weight evenly among us. If not, what we cannot carry will be safe with the gryphon.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Zhym »

"Evenly?" replies Harold with horror in his voice. "You mean Nihilius and I would each have to carry as much as Olympia and Dorvar? I can barely lug my own gear around!"
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Keehnelf »

Zhym wrote:So if the coins aren't worth anything extra for being historical, we're talking about 600 gp worth of silver coins?
Roughly, yes.
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#90 Post by Mister-Kent »

"I would be glad to carry more!" Olympia professes insitently.

She then tries to pull herself up and shimmy over to Dorvar. The Charred Priestess of the Unconquerable Sun rubs her hands together and asks Fortis to bless her dwarven friend.

"I knew he had not abandoned me!" she wheezes.

CLW: [1d6] = 3
Last edited by Mister-Kent on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Zhym »

Here's a weight distribution for the coins that's roughly proportional to strength, assuming that the horse could carry 50 lbs in its saddlebags:

Dorvar: 100
Olympia: 100
Valorei: 70
Baxtaw: 70
Halfred: 70
Varas: 50
Wendall: 50
Harold: 20
Nihilius: 20
Horse: 50

ETA: But backpacks can only carry 40 lbs, large sacks cap out at 60 lbs, and small sacks have a max of 20 lbs. So it's unlikely we'll be able to carry all the silver back with us.
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by Enoch »

Halfred pipes in: "It's a shame we couldn't get the griffins to carry it back for us. Ground is too rough to use a wheelbarrow, I suppose. That's what I'd use in my garden."
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Marullus »

Nihilius adds, "I'd rather we return now and ensure we take this all with us, than leave it with the griffin and venture further. If we ARE to interact further with the griffin, I'd ask that you inquire where the ruins are from which he gathered this... it seems wiser than rushing to find the dragon. It is nice you wish to help them, but a flying predator so great that it eats griffins who could easily eat us seems an unwise course."
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Valorei nods in agreement, "Which is precisely why I offered only my assistance, telling the Griffon that the others must make their own decisions. If you feel you are unfit to help these creatures then you have no obligation to do so, this is not something to be taken lightly and the fight will not happen tomorrow. I fully intend to make the return trip to Vaul and request aid in the form of soldiers and mercenaries. If those here do not want to take part in this then I will bear no ill will against you, after all, we all came to this land to seek our own paths to fortune and knowledge. But I cannot personally stand by and let this twisted creature take away their loved ones..."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Keehnelf »

Dorvar is still unconscious--I'm assuming no one is going anywhere before he's able to at least be healed up to consciousness, so you can continue discussing the fate of the coins while I advance time...

---

April 8, 1 VC - 8:00am

The day passes uneventfully, apart from the ongoing discussion among the party about what to do--what to do about the dragon, what to do about the coins, what to do about the griffins. Then night comes and the conversation continues, if somewhat more intermittently among the crawling glowbeetles on the tree trunks.

Morning dawns, cool and dewy under the leaves of the bushes, and Dorvar is still unconscious. And the griffin has not yet returned.
Dorvar recovers 1 HP overnight, Olympia also recovers 1 HP (I don't believe anyone else is missing HP), but let me know). Everyone apart from Dorvar please deduct one day's rations.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Zhym »

"Let's see if Marthammor Duin is in greater favor with Branwn today."

CLW: [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

1 day of rations deducted.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Keehnelf »

That's enough to bring Dorvar back from unconsciousness 10 minutes later.

April 8, 1 VC - 8:10am

For Dorvar Only:
That brings you up to 4 HP total.
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by AleBelly »

Keehnelf wrote:Dorvar is still unconscious--I'm assuming no one is going anywhere before he's able to at least be healed up to consciousness, so you can continue discussing the fate of the coins while I advance time...

---

April 8, 1 VC - 8:00am

The day passes uneventfully, apart from the ongoing discussion among the party about what to do--what to do about the dragon, what to do about the coins, what to do about the griffins. Then night comes and the conversation continues, if somewhat more intermittently among the crawling glowbeetles on the tree trunks.

Morning dawns, cool and dewy under the leaves of the bushes, and Dorvar is still unconscious. And the griffin has not yet returned.
Dorvar recovers 1 HP overnight, Olympia also recovers 1 HP (I don't believe anyone else is missing HP), but let me know). Everyone apart from Dorvar please deduct one day's rations.
Varas was down 1 hp as I recall.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Keehnelf »

He's recovered too, then!

p.s. Can you do your bowshots in the archery competition at Harrowing? ;)
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Keehnelf wrote:Can you do your bowshots in the archery competition at Harrowing? ;)
I'm still waiting for the tight ropes!

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”