Re: Ch. 4: Even Deeper Into the Tomb

#81 Post by saalaria »

When Skarlos hears the snakes he rushes to help Quinn

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by tkrexx »

Hearing the commotion outside the room, the dim Dwarf seems confused as to what to do, keep advancing into the chamber, or return to assist McCloud. His head reflects the motion of a spectator at a tennis match.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Stirling »

dropping the coffer McCloud will use his boot of springing to jump out of the way of any potential asp attack, rolling into the middle of the bouncy room. "Quick through the not so secret door" he will yell, not wanting to risk a poison bite.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Zhym »

Several things happen at once.

Quinn alerts the others to the outline of a secret door. The door is not yet open, but at least it has been spotted. Skarlos rushes to help Quinn. Urdak tries to decide what to do. He turns his head back and forth like a spectator at a tennis match. Bagrin remains in the room.

McCloud tries to leap away from the asps into the middle of the bouncy room. He just barely manages to get the jump on the asps, bounding safely away before any of them can bite.

You are all in the bouncy room. Of course, with all the commotion, it starts bouncing. Everyone except McCloud falls to the floor (1 HP damage each).

Asps await by the south entrance to the room. The secret door awaits, if you can open it while the room is tossing you about.

Actions?

Status: Quinn (B13(F7/T8)): 75/78; Urdak (Dwarf F10): 74/75; Bagrin 44/45; McCloud (F6/MU6/T10): 40/40; Skarlos (C10): 55/56

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by tkrexx »

Dwarven cursing in earnest echos throughout the room.

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#86 Post by Mondego »

Quinn crawls over to the secret door and tries to open it.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by saalaria »

Skarlos tries to move around towards the door, using the wall as support.

"Ah this accursed tomb and its...wonderful array of tricks and traps! ...if we get through it, I may well retire after this adventure"

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#88 Post by ragnboneshopper »

"My mum told me ... there'd be ... days like ... this," mutters Bagrin as he tries to navigate the bouncing room and open the door that Quinn has discovered.

OOC: Sorry I missed a round guys, lots of real life lately... :o

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Zhym »

You try to stand up and work your way to the secret door as the room's floor continues to shake. You must be getting your bouncy-room sea legs: everyone stays upright this round! Bagrin is able to push the door open.

The door opens into a U-shaped tunnel that leads to another corridor. You cautiously follow the corridor, checking for traps as you go, until it reaches an intersection. Passages lead north, south, east, and, back the way you came, west. Each passage ends in a door.
Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 3.44.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 3.44.05 PM.png (220.65 KiB) Viewed 318 times
Game commentary:
Congratulations. You just survived the first truly deadly room in the dungeon.
ToH Agitated Chamber.jpg
ToH Agitated Chamber.jpg (221.48 KiB) Viewed 318 times
As I recall, someone suggested burning the tapestries, and you came very close to having someone holding on to one when the room started up again. Nice job getting out of there with everyone still alive (although that might not have happened had the asps won initiative a few posts ago).

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#90 Post by Mondego »

Happy to finally be out of the shaking room, Quinn begins to search the hallway for traps using the butt of his spear to test the floor in front of the party.

Upon arriving at the intersection Quinn peers each way before saying, "They all look about the same. Any thoughts?"

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#91 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Mutters Bagrin: "See, Tor, old friend? Told ya no tomb was built that could eat me alive..." Then he settles into examining the different passageways for signs of more recent construction or differences in grade, up or down. "That was a test, my friends, and no joke. Now we best be on our toes for sure..."

Yep, we got lucky on that one! Had a bad feeling about those tapestries... :shock:

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by tkrexx »

The Dwarf, still smarting from the knots on his head sustained in the room of rock-n-roll, studies the masonwork around the intersection.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by saalaria »

Skarlos watches the rear whilst the others determine the way to proceed

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Zhym »

You ponder which way to go. Urdak inspects the stonework, looking for differences in grade or other clues about which way might be the right way to go. But the passages are all basically level, and the tomb has no traffic patterns to follow.

As you ponder, the image of Ecrub'll Edro, Vizier of Overking Ivid IV, appears before you. “Our diviners have been monitoring your progress.” says the image. “Many of you have fallen. We are sending reinforcements. The magic needed to accomplish this feat comes at great expense. Do not waste it!”

The air around you crackles with energy. With a *POP*, a tall, older man with messy gray hair and wild beard drops from thin air right into the middle of the intersection. He wears dull, slightly dirty clothing.

“Now make haste,” says the Vizier as his image fades. “The royal family isn’t getting any younger!”
Everyone welcome GreyWolfVT as Odilo the Strange!
Status: Quinn (B13(F7/T8)): 75/78; Urdak (Dwarf F10): 74/75; Bagrin 44/45; McCloud (F6/MU6/T10): 40/40; Odilo (M11): 44/44; Skarlos (C10): 55/56

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#95 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Strange the man grabs a pinch of something from his backpack and holds it into one of his robe pockets "Hmm my well yes hello." he then looks as if he is talking to something in his pocket "Yes I know I was getting to that, will you just eat and mind your own business?" he looks back at the group and smiles "Yes sorry my name is Odilo I am a mage of sorts. I hope I might be of help to you all." there is a sound the comes from Odilo's robe pocket almost sounds like a bird's coo. "OH fine fine stop giving me grief I'l introduce you too." he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a pigeon and says "Everyone this is Cyril."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#96 Post by saalaria »

:D

Welcome GW!

Skarlos scratches his chin.

"Well met Odilo. We have found plenty that is strange here so you will feel right at home! So fellows which direction do you think is best for us? Haave you discerned anything about any of the passages?"

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#97 Post by ragnboneshopper »

"Eh, what's that? Vizier? I don't suppose your vizier would need a court illusionist extraordinaire... well, first thing's first of course... Right then, glad to have you along. And now..."

Bagrin licks a finger and holds it up, judging the air currents. If there seems to be a dominant air current, he suggests that direction. Otherwise, "Er, left is always a good choice..."

Welcome, GreyWolf! :D

GreyWolfVT

#98 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo the pigeon coos some more Odilo looks at the pigeon and says "What is it now Cyril? yes fine I'll tell him." Odilo looks to Bagrin smiles and says "Cyril says to go right."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by tkrexx »

Urdak watches agog the Vizier's vision, as a child seeing TV for the first time, then starts a bit at the appearance of the Strange One. He watches, listens, sniffs the air and grunts. Good beard. Ya smart, bringn' pijjin. Pijjin's good eatn'.

Welcome to the game!

GreyWolfVT

#100 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo puts the pigeon back in his pocket feeds it some more seed looks very startled at the dwarf "No eating Cyril he is my pet. If you try to eat him I'll shoot a lightning bolt up yer arse. But thank you for the compliment on the beard you've a spledid one your self good dwarf."

Return to “Party 2”