Action thread 4

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action thread 4

#81 Post by onlyme »

Veneficus pipes in.
Yes, but it may alert others seeing this thing light up the sky.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#82 Post by ToniXX »

I just want to clarify a couple things, as it's been a while. I'm sure you all remember this, but just in case you don't:

You are in a courtyard that is open to the sky above. It's just around midnight and the light of a half moon, along with a few lit sconces around the courtyard, illuminate the area. The doors around you lead into rooms that have ceilings: these rooms ring this courtyard. The bulk of the building is stone save for the doors and the frame over the well in the center of the courtyard.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#83 Post by Alethan »

Francisco stands by his previously-mentioned actions.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#84 Post by Nuke66 »

Cis moves quickly to the southwest corner of the room, satisfied nobody will exit through the fire.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by onlyme »

Veneficus will actually back to a point he can watch the door and courtyard opening both.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Argennian »

Brok tosses the torch in the room. When it lands on the straw bed within and suddenly lights up the chamber, the young agent leans in quickly to see if there are any bad guys or other occupants in the room. He attempts to note the size of the room and if there any other doors or passages leading out.

Depending upon what happens and/or what he sees:

- If there is any danger present, he'll lean back out and signal his companions to make ready, using the fingers of his off hand to indicate the number of opponents within.
- If he sees occupants but isn't sure if they're a threat, he'll call out for them to get out of there quick and make a run for it before they get burned alive! :)
- If he sees no occupants but does see another door, he'll enter the room and make for it, his intention being to get to the side it opens on and be ready for anything bad that might come through. If nothing does, he'll prepare to follow the same process he did before, listening first and then checking to see if it's locked or not.
- If he sees no occupants or other doors (or large treasure chests full of coin or magical weapons lying on the bed), he'll simply close the door and move over to grab up another torch from it's sconce on the pillar. He will then head over to the northern-most of the two western-facing doors.

OOC: please let me know if I need to make any rolls, Mr. DM! :P

I pretty much figured that even if something catches fire within a room, like the bed, it could only burn what is flammable but not the structure. It would, of course, cause smoke and all that. Am I envisioning that correctly?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#87 Post by ToniXX »

Still waiting to hear from:

Kurn
Yarl
Nunyet
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl is busy checking his wounds and applying bandages and salve from his medical kit. He doesn't pay much attention to the fire setting at hand.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn standing by to see what the happens with the new campfire to the north. :)
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by rredmond »

Yeah, Nunyet moves to a more central location of the whole party. He wants to be ready for whatever action comes their way.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#91 Post by ToniXX »

Day 6 (10 Delian) Midnight
  • Francisco moves to the southern door and listens. PM on its way
  • Cis and Veneficus move as noted, shown on the map.
  • Brok tosses the torch in the room. When it lands on the straw bed within and suddenly lights up the chamber, the young agent leans in quickly to see if there are any bad guys or other occupants in the room. He attempts to note the size of the room and if there any other doors or passages leading out.
    PM on its way.
  • Yarl is, once again, thinking about himself! ;)
  • Kurn stands his ground.
  • Nunyet moves near the well, ready for whatever may come.

HPs - Francisco:17/21, Cis:24/24, Nunyet:25/25, Kurn:9/9, Brok:12/16, Yarl:17/30, Veneficus:12/12
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#92 Post by Alethan »

In a low voice, Francisco tells Cis, "I hear a whimpering sound coming from this room. Could be someone in distress. Could be one of them wounded guards cryin' for his momma. I can't tell."

Catching the attention of the others, he uses hand signals to indicate at least one person is behind the far southern door.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by onlyme »

Veneficus remains stationary with arrow nocked. He rotates his aim toward the doors and entrance way.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Argennian »

After leaning in to quickly assesses the room and what's inside, Brok turns to the others. "It's clear. Door in the west wall," he explains in a lowered voice, pointing in the direction of the northernmost door of the western wall where Francisco, Nunyet and Yarl just dropped the last soldier.

The young agent then nods to Veneficus and enters the room, making for the door he saw inside...

OOC: PM sent! :)

Nuke66 wrote:Cis moves quickly to the southwest corner of the room, satisfied nobody will exit through the fire.
OOC2: Yo Nuke, sorry for my confusion here but is Cis moving into the room with Brok or is he moving to another door in the courtyard? Just wasn't sure if I should include you in the pm...
Last edited by Argennian on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: clarificationals!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by Nuke66 »

Nope, not into the room, in the SW corner of the courtyard, expecting company from another door.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Argennian »

Nuke66 wrote:Nope, not into the room, in the SW corner of the courtyard, expecting company from another door.
OOC: ok, my bad. I'll edit my previous post & pm accordingly

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet moves toward Francisco to be in a better position to support over there.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#98 Post by Alethan »

With backup in place, Francisco will open the door, making sure he isn't directly in the doorway when it opens...
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl, once bandaged to his liking, will stay guarding the door the last soldier when into. He whistles to himself as he goes through the dead enemies gear and pockets, always keeping the door he is guarding in his sight.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#100 Post by ToniXX »

Waiting for a reply for Kurn and a PM for Brok's actions.

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”