More Anything Goes

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: More Anything Goes

#81 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:I just need to figure out what kind of event we can identify that awards 167+ points.
Are we near another post count threshold? Keep posting, people...
Keep in mind, I have a private DM thread which, while I don't use it nearly as often anymore, those posts do count towards the overall game post count (since that is the number I see and go with). You're much closer than you think. ;)
-- DM --
Simple Idea, Zero Prep (OSRIC)

-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#82 Post by dmw71 »

wolfpack wrote:Notice you didn't say anything about the Buckeyes though.
I don't follow college sports -- at all -- so I have no idea how good or bad they may be. The Browns, well, I know how close (or far) they are from winning anything. Speaking of Ohio State, though, one of my favorite NFL players of all time was Raymont Harris, a former Buckeye. :D
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#83 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:What about something to do with the last Cards/Cubs 4-game series last week? We could take the total number of Cubs runs and divide it by... er... no, that would be a negative number. Hmmm... we could just go with the total number of wins... no...

Ah, well... give me some time to work with the numbers and I'll figure something out.
:lol:

Yes, the Cubs didn't represent well last week against the Cardinals. Eight runs over a four game series. Let's see...

Eight runs.
Eight characters.

Okay, everybody gets one extra experience point! :D

No worries, another award (total game post count) will be coming soon.
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by onlyme »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:What about something to do with the last Cards/Cubs 4-game series last week? We could take the total number of Cubs runs and divide it by... er... no, that would be a negative number. Hmmm... we could just go with the total number of wins... no...
Ah, well... give me some time to work with the numbers and I'll figure something out.
:lol:

Yes, the Cubs didn't represent well last week against the Cardinals. Eight runs over a four game series. Let's see...

Eight runs.
Eight characters.

Okay, everybody gets one extra experience point! :D

No worries, another award (total game post count) will be coming soon.

Sweet... 166 more to go... Keep up the good ideas.

Dave, what about Uruguay's suspenseful nailbiting victory over Tahiti in soccer? ;)
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#85 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:Dave, what about Uruguay's suspenseful nailbiting victory over Tahiti in soccer?
Another 8-0 score.

If it wasn't such a hassle to update all the various posts (the main experience point thread plus each individual character's post), I'd be tempted. However, I think a single 1xp award is enough per day, no? ;)
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#86 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote:
onlyme wrote:I just need to figure out what kind of event we can identify that awards 167+ points.
Keep in mind, I have a private DM thread which, while I don't use it nearly as often anymore, those posts do count towards the overall game post count (since that is the number I see and go with). You're much closer than you think.
Out of curiosity, I show the total post count for the game sitting at: 2,942.

Do you guys see it as 2,872?
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by onlyme »

dmw71 wrote:
dmw71 wrote:
Keep in mind, I have a private DM thread which, while I don't use it nearly as often anymore, those posts do count towards the overall game post count (since that is the number I see and go with). You're much closer than you think.
Out of curiosity, I show the total post count for the game sitting at: 2,942.

Do you guys see it as 2,872?
Not anymore. It was 2873 after your question...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#88 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:Not anymore. It was 2873 after your question...
Okay, cool. That's what I was expecting, as I currently have 70 total posts in the DM-only thread. Note that this DM-only count is subject to change as I add and remove things, but you should at least have an idea how much closer you actually are to reaching the 3,000 total post count milestone. :D
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#89 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:Grats, Mr. GM.

29 years is a long time to wait for a cup... ;)

I won't complain if you have one too many celebrating and accidentally award all of us some bonus XP, now would I?

No sir, I wouldn't.
Thanks... but, actually, the Blackhawks won the Cup in 2010, too, so it hasn't been that long. Still, hockey is the one sport my wife will actually watch with me (football or baseball, forget it!) so I tend to get pretty excited once the NHL playoffs roll around since that is when she starts to get into it.
Oh, you're right. And... they'd won it in... the early 90's before that? I only remember that because I was a freshman or sophomore in college at the time and my good friend, Mike, was a) from Aurora and b) insufferable for the longest time.

Where in the heck did I get 29 years from, then???

Must be from the steroids...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#90 Post by Alethan »

Alethan wrote:
dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:Grats, Mr. GM.

29 years is a long time to wait for a cup... ;)

I won't complain if you have one too many celebrating and accidentally award all of us some bonus XP, now would I?

No sir, I wouldn't.
Thanks... but, actually, the Blackhawks won the Cup in 2010, too, so it hasn't been that long. Still, hockey is the one sport my wife will actually watch with me (football or baseball, forget it!) so I tend to get pretty excited once the NHL playoffs roll around since that is when she starts to get into it.
Oh, you're right. And... they'd won it in... the early 90's before that? I only remember that because I was a freshman or sophomore in college at the time and my good friend, Mike, was a) from Aurora and b) insufferable for the longest time.

Where in the heck did I get 29 years from, then???

Must be from the steroids...
And... it wasn't the Cubs/World Series; I think that has been a little longer than 29 years. But we don't need to bring that up...
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#91 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Oh, you're right. And... they'd won it in... the early 90's before that? I only remember that because I was a freshman or sophomore in college at the time and my good friend, Mike, was a) from Aurora and b) insufferable for the longest time.
Actually, prior to 2010, the last time they won the Cup was in 1961 (when they were the Black Hawks, not Blackhawks. They did lose the cup in 1992 to the Penguins. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
Alethan wrote:Where in the heck did I get 29 years from, then???
I'm curious about this, too. What, 1984? That was a bad year for the Cubs.
Alethan wrote:And... it wasn't the Cubs/World Series; I think that has been a little longer than 29 years. But we don't need to bring that up...
Yeah....

They're getting closer, though. Mark my words. ;)

P.S. I live right by Aurora, and need to drive to there, in fact, to take the train as that is as far west as the line currently reaches.
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by saalaria »

I have pretty much no idea what you are talking about ! Well aside from Browns I assume being the football team and of course the Confederation Cup in my (ie uk) football!
I remain to be educated - is it baseball?
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#93 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:Oh, you're right. And... they'd won it in... the early 90's before that? I only remember that because I was a freshman or sophomore in college at the time and my good friend, Mike, was a) from Aurora and b) insufferable for the longest time.
Actually, prior to 2010, the last time they won the Cup was in 1961 (when they were the Black Hawks, not Blackhawks. They did lose the cup in 1992 to the Penguins. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
Alethan wrote:Where in the heck did I get 29 years from, then???
I'm curious about this, too. What, 1984? That was a bad year for the Cubs.
Alethan wrote:And... it wasn't the Cubs/World Series; I think that has been a little longer than 29 years. But we don't need to bring that up...
Yeah....

They're getting closer, though. Mark my words. ;)

P.S. I live right by Aurora, and need to drive to there, in fact, to take the train as that is as far west as the line currently reaches.

*shakes Head* lol... can you tell hockey is like my 3rd tier sport? I'd rather watch European football or rugby or Gaelic football or... soccer. Then baseball.

Basketball is right out, though. Couldn't care less about it.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#94 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:I have pretty much no idea what you are talking about ! Well aside from Browns I assume being the football team and of course the Confederation Cup in my (ie uk) football!
I remain to be educated - is it baseball?
American Football (professional)
Cleveland Browns

American Football (college)
Ohio State Buckeyes

Hockey
Chicago Blackhawks
Pittsburgh Penguins

Baseball
Chicago Cubs
St Louis Cardinals

I think that is all the teams mentioned so far. :D
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by saalaria »

Ah no wonder it was so confusing. I've watched a fair amount of the nfl over the years as we get it here regularly but I know zero about hockey and baseball...oh and how close are oh and I'll? Is st louis in ohio?
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#96 Post by Alethan »

saalaria wrote:Ah no wonder it was so confusing. I've watched a fair amount of the nfl over the years as we get it here regularly but I know zero about hockey and baseball...oh and how close are oh and I'll? Is st louis in ohio?
St. Louis (where I am) is in Missouri.
Chicago (where Dave is) is in Illinois.

Both of those cities/states are a few hundred miles west of Ohio.

Chicago/St. Louis are big rivalries, like Manchester and Liverpool. Well... maybe not as bad, but close. I'd say early 90's Chiefs/Broncos (NFL) had more raw emotion. But Cards/Cubs is a much longer standing, consistent rivalry.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#97 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:Ah no wonder it was so confusing. I've watched a fair amount of the nfl over the years as we get it here regularly but I know zero about hockey and baseball...
Football is probably still my favorite sport, but baseball and hockey are both right there as second options for me. Like Alethan, I couldn't care less about basketball. I used to really like it, a lot in fact, but the league has turned into a bunch of prima-donna whining cry babies it has almost become unwatchable. My opinion, of course.

I think of hockey as roughly being a mix between American football and European football (or American soccer). It's a very fast game with very few breaks in action (e.g. soccer) with a very aggressive/physical aspect to it (e.g. American football). It really is an exciting sport, but not nearly as popular (which is a shame).
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#98 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Raven, I only see one problem with your character sheet...
dmw71 wrote:Ability Score Generation
All character ability scores will be generated using a slightly modified version of 'Method VI' presented in the 2E PHB:
2E PHB, pg. 19 wrote:Method VI
This method can be used if you want to create a specific type of character. It does not guarantee that you will get the character you want, but it will improve your chances.

Each ability starts with a score of 8. Then roll seven dice. These dice can be added to your character's abilities as you wish. All the points on a die must be added to the same ability score. For example, if a 6 is rolled on one die, all 6 points must be assigned to one ability. You can add as many dice as you want to an ability, but no ability score can exceed 18 points. If you cannot make an 18 by exact count on the dice, you cannot have an 18 score.
All players will use the method outlined above with the following exceptions:
- Each ability score will start with a score of 9, not an 8.
- Each ability score must be increased at least once.
- You will roll 10d4 instead of 7d6 to add to your character's abilities (Note: human characters will roll 11d4).
You didn't raise your INT or CHA up any.
It took me a while to locate this post, but Alethan is correct.

ravenn4544, your "Int 9" and "Cha 9", highlighted red below, both need to be increased at least once. As you didn't roll any 1's, two 2's (or higher) will need to be removed from their current attribute and assigned, one each, to the two unmodified abilities.

O'rek
character sheet wrote: ABILITY SCORES

ABILITY TOTAL MODIFIERS
Str 9 2,4,3 18 +3 to hit; +4 Damage
Int 9
Wis 9 2,4,3 18 +4 magical attack
Dex 9 3, 3 15 -1 Range Attack;
Con 9 2,4,3 18 +4 hp/ level
Cha 9 9 -5% loyalty

Non-Human: [1d4] = 2 [1d4] = 4 [1d4] = 3 [1d4] = 3 [1d4] = 3
Non-Human: [1d4] = 4 [1d4] = 2 [1d4] = 2 [1d4] = 4 [1d4] = 3
Human: [1d4] = 3
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by ravenn4544 »

Got it - updated the char sheet. Thought all those 18's looked too good to be true!
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by tooleychris »

ravenn4544 wrote:Got it - updated the char sheet. Thought all those 18's looked too good to be true!
Alethan strikes again... :D

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”