Hi-Lo (mercantile)

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Hi-Lo (mercantile)

#621 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

He takes his payment and nods his thanks. "A pleasure, lady."

Narramore turns at the sudden entrance of the very beautiful (and equally grumpy, it seems) princess. Another adventure? Well...it seems that providence aims to keep me occupied here, he thinks to himself.

"I'd be honored to accompany you, highness," he replies as he tucks his gold into a belt pouch and secures it. "Trails are apparently no safer than the jungle," he adds with a wry smile.
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#622 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

"Sir William," Dexter says. "Would you do me the honor of witnessing something for me? Miss Nalissa holds some of my funds for me, and it has occurred to me that I have made no allowance for my demise." Dexter pushes the 25 gold coins back across the counter. "Miss Nalissa, please put these with my other monies. And if one of my many adventures should prove the better of me, and I don't survive, please let me leave it all to Miss, er Mayor Daisy for the betterment of the town as she sees fit. Minus say... 3% for your troubles?"

25 gp added to stored money in my "Notes" section.
Last edited by SirOwen on Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no spoon."
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#623 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

Finally finished with all of his current business, Dexter turns to the Princess. "Tomorrow morning, you say, ma'am? Yes, I think I could be ready for a little more work, then. Where are we meeting?"
"There is no spoon."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#624 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa sighs heavily at the extra cost, but counts out another 25 coins all the same. "Of course. A deal is a deal after all, but this stuff better be good," she says, only half joking.

She nods in agreement at Dexters next request, smiling a little wider at the thought of a possible future 3% share.

"That is very kind of you, Dexter. I wish more people like you would make such an arrangement."
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#625 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

Dexter takes Drakkar's additional 25 gold and hands it to Sir William. "I don't think anyone would question your honesty, Sir William. Would you take custody?"

Turning once again to Nalissa, Dexter adds, "Ma'am, you be extra careful with that goop. Things were living in it and, I think, raising their young in it. Be very careful."
"There is no spoon."
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#626 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

The knight witnesses the terms of the transaction and nods when it concluded. "Duly witnessed," he says before pocketing Drakkar's money. "I'll see that he gets this," he adds.

He chuckles at Nallissa. "Your gold was well spent, lovely lady. We had more than one brush with death on the journey. A massive serpent, strange humanoid creatures that dwell in pools of this substance here, and enormous man-eating beetles. I'm sure there was more, too, but it all sort of runs together. Drakkar was partially swallowed by the snake, then fell to the beetles and had half his face eaten by swarms of smaller insects. I know this gold will lift his spirits. We thank you."
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#627 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Thank you Miss Nallissa. I needed some hope. This whole place seems to be out to kill everyone. Nothing in the jungle but bad news.

Pockets his 25 Gold.

Do you have any lighter armor here in beach town? This chain is rough to carry and weighs a lot in this heat. Might be in for some leather if anyone here makes it?
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#628 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She smiles and nods graciously at the large paladin. "Good to see you again, Sir Narramore. Good gracious, that journey sounds dreadful! I trust none of that will occur on the way to the Stoneguts."

"I believe Daisy is gathering near the trailhead, near the hospice. I have just a few things left to take care of, and then I will be there."

She turns to address Nallissa. "Lady Nalissa. I request that you hold this letter for me. If there is a problem with the Stoneguts, I trust that you will send it off to Celene." She produces a letter with a wax seal upon it and hands it to Nallissa. "I'd also like to talk to you in private when you get a chance." She smiles at the boys. "No offense."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#629 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa appears shocked by Dexters revelations. “What? Raising their young? What kind of......things?”

She looks even more shocked after Narramore speaks. “Gods. That’s terrible. I hope the dwarf will be okay eventually.”

She nods at Max. “I hear that a lot, actually. I think we have some leather armor that will fit you well. I would trade it for your chain mail, if you clean it up first.”

She then takes the letter from the Princess, apprehensively yet professionally. “I will see to it, though I hope never to need to,” she gulps audibly, waiting for the business to be over to honor the elf’s final request.
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#630 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

"I've taken up too much of your time already," the knight says. "But do you perhaps have a helm that would fit my big melon?" He smiles faintly. "If not, I will check back later."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#631 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Paladin wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:22 pm Sir William Narramore

"I've taken up too much of your time already," the knight says. "But do you perhaps have a helm that would fit my big melon?" He smiles faintly. "If not, I will check back later."
“My apologies good sir! With the sudden shock of all this new information, I forgot you ever asked.”

She looks the massive human over for a second. “I think I have the perfect headgear for one of your stature.”

She disappears into the back room for a moment and returns with a freshly polished, gleaming iron war helm, complete with removable visor.

“This one is the best I have. Unfortunately, it’s 50 gold pieces.”

She sets another beanie bowl type helm with thick leather side straps that only covers the top of the head onto the counter as well. “This might fit you too. It’s only 25 gold.”
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#632 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

"You beggar me, madam," Narramore says with a chuckle, his eyes lingering upon the gleaming helmet. "But..." He sends her a wink. "It is a lovely piece. Here." He counts out fifty gold coins and slides them across the counter.

Narramore flashes a grin. "I only lost 25 gold on my first adventure. Promising start, huh?" He tries the helmet on and sighs with deep satisfaction. "Perfect. Thank you." Sliding it off, he'll bow to the ladies and make his exit. "Gents," he says with a nod before disappearing outside.
SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#633 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

Dexter stays only long enough to describe the life forms from the pit area and how they seemed to bathe/incubate/grow their young in the volcanic pits. "Really, I found the entire thing a bit.... creepy. As I said, just be careful with that stuff." Then he takes his leave, noting the Princess desire to conduct more personal business.
"There is no spoon."
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#634 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

I will keep my chainmail. It has sentimental value. I was ordained in this armor and it has saved me many a time. Goblin spears and Orc swords have been turned aside by this armor. I hate to even think about what would happen if I had not had it but it is to heavy for use here. I need the leather, studded if you have it. Every little bit helps. What is the damage? If Sir Williams helmet is 50 I hate to dream of what it costs.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#635 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa thanks Narramore for his business, glad he had the funds to purchase the better helm.

She continues looking at the goop while Dexter makes his claims, not sure what to make of the disturbing information. As he leaves, she calls out to him. "If I have any problems with it, I will definitely let you know."

The shopkeeper then nods at Max, moving to the shelf with some used clothes and armor. She picks up her only suit of studded leather to display it, and the elf immediately notices a large hole punctured into the chest area with obvious dark stains around it. She looks up, almost embarrassed. "This is a used set, as you might have noticed. I haven't found anyone who could fix this hole for me, but the size looks right for you, doesn't it? If you have any skills at leather working, you might be able to repair this good as new. Since it is in pretty poor condition, I will let it go for half price if you want it. 30 gold." Other than the hole, the suit looks to be in pretty good shape.
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#636 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

Since I am setting out again rather soon. I will take it. Here is 30 gold. I have heard of a Mage spell that can fix such things but I would have to find it and learn it. Is that Posted Flier on the board still current? Is there a Mage's Guild here?

He counts out 30 gold.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#637 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nallissa is happy to make the transaction, taking the gold and handing over the armor.

"Of course it is, silly. That was just put up recently, in fact. The pair that started it are pretty nice guys too, even if one of them is a little stuffy. I think they are both out in the jungle right now, though. Are you interested in joining?"
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#638 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

I am interested in the price to join. I am low on gold now that I purchased the armor but I feel I need to settle in here before I go running off on some other adventure. Think I will stand by the clinic and make sure all the folks here have what they need. Maybe do some fishing and finish healing up before going out again. Do you know the cost to join? I really need to learn more spells If I am to be of use in the jungle. And is there a saw mill around or some place to get building supplies?
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#639 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Those guys are always talking about sharing their spells with each other, but they never mentioned the price to join. Sorry."

"The healing house is still under construction, but I would bet they will accept a helping hand, if you know anything about building. Mayor Daisy would be the one to ask about that, though I am not sure where she is right now."

"We don't have a saw mill here yet, or any lumber for that matter. But I know there was talk about building one soon, and I have a crate of tools in the back to prove it. I think the idea was put on hold for another trip into the jungle, which is pretty typical around here."

"If you want to place an order to have something shipped in from the mainland, I can do that here, but I better warn you, it wont be cheap."
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#640 Post by Darklin2 »

Max

With the prices here I will have to start charging for my healing spells to be able to eat. Making coin around here is a life and death issue all the time. I am considering heading back to the main land. So what is there to do around town that can earn some coin? I was a Carpenter by trade before starting down the road to Priesthood. Any fishing around here? Whether it be spear, net, or rod I might be able to catch some food. Is there any nets or poles to borrow? Any tidal pools for oysters or mussels, maybe a lobster or crab or two?

Return to “Completed Missions”