Barrack Room (OOC discusions).

Spearmint
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Barrack Room (OOC discusions).

#61 Post by Spearmint »

Grinning widely Glyndwr steadies the M60 and sends a long burst downrange, traversing across the area beyond where the birds were.
LMG on full auto vs 71: [1d100] = 67
In this game you actually roll a THAC0 for each shot so on full auto I need nine more rolls please. Which I know might be a pain especially if you then have to roll half a dozen hits worth of damage but spare a though for me when I play VC Charlie and fire hundred bullets back at you. :)

I will try to update the weapons and combat forum so we can see how small arms fire works without referring to the manual.

Ideally each persons macro will reflect their base effectiveness and then account for any modifiers, so BE 71%, -10 full auto, -40% enemy undercover and then possible damage occurring. Something like:

Glyndwr LMG: BE 71% mod -10 full, -40 Cov/Cov =21% [1d100] dam [4d10+10] Glyndwr LMG: BE 71% mod -10 full, -40 Cov/Cov =21% [1d100] = 3 dam [4d10+10] = 34+10 = 44 x ten shots ...

hmmm am thinking desperately of way to simplify and cut need to only post shots that hit. Area of Effect weapons may still damage even if not on target....
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Leitz »

I'd recommend just stating the modified target (70-10-40) = 21 after the 10 hit rolls. Then do a second round of just the hits.

Shooting [1d100][1d100][1d100][1d100][1d100] vs 21 (70 - 10 - 40).
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by The Bindoner »

I'm afraid that I'm just entering my 14 hours a day, 7 days a week busy period. No rest 'til September. I can still post any day that I need to, because, dammit, it can't all be work/sleep/repeat, but fiddling with macros and rules is not time/mental bandwidth I can spare right now.
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by The Bindoner »

In case edits don't trigger notifications: I added the extra 9 rolls-to-hit to Glyndwr's post.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Spearmint »

no problems, I am trying to simply things in a way that I don't have to check every shot against every persons skill and adjust for modifiers. Eventually we'll get a formula that works for PbP as well as table top.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by Antman9 »

So...That was fun :)

Here was our original task according to Corporal Rayburn: "Our job is to root out and destroy the guerrilla groups mining the road and recon along the footpaths that traverse the ridge."

So taking the footpath trail through the dense brushwood seems like the best way to route any guerrilla groups. Either option seems dangerous, but perhaps we'd be guiding our own destiny by searching for them in their own turf rather than being sitting ducks on the the main e cart track? Thoughts?

It looks like both Glyndwr and James have “Sniping” for skills. James is Level 1 +10% with “Bolt-Action Rifle (89), and Glyndwr has Bolt-Action Rifle (58). So maybe Glyndwr and James can trade off on the Sniper Rifle based on assigned tasks for each scenario? Thoughts?
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Spearmint »

Fine with me agree in character.

Just waiting on action from last player and then I will move action forward.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Rex »

Looks like Antman9 to me.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Bluehorse »

Would they have been given something like a field guide for plants and animals and insects? Which ones to eat, which ones are poison or venomous? What will kill you or how to treat bites and stings?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Rex »

I have seen the military manuals of the Vietnam time period and I am not sure you would want to risk your life on them.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Bluehorse »

Rex wrote:I have seen the military manuals of the Vietnam time period and I am not sure you would want to risk your life on them.
You're kind of scary. Not in a bad way, more of a glad we're friends way and not the other way around...
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Rex »

My father and one of my uncles were drill instructors in the US Army (pre Korea to the beginning of the Vietnam conflict). I had 2 other uncles serve in WWII and another who was military intelligence from Korea through the mid 80's. I have several friends who are in the Coast Guard, National Guards, US Army (including 2 in the Rangers). One of my hunting/shooting companions teaches the Scout Snipers out of Fort Drum.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Leitz »

Bluehorse wrote:Once he had checked out the piggies, Rex returns to catch up with his squad, double time. Once he is back he chuckles. Well, all there was just a fat porker like that chick we caught Diego with the night before we flew out of stateside!
Actually, the girl at the supper (Katy) was Diego's younger sister. In theory, subject to Scott308's concurrence, Waves and Katy had an undefined "good time together" at/after supper. ;)
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Bluehorse »

Leitz wrote:
Bluehorse wrote:Once he had checked out the piggies, Rex returns to catch up with his squad, double time. Once he is back he chuckles. Well, all there was just a fat porker like that chick we caught Diego with the night before we flew out of stateside!
Actually, the girl at the supper (Katy) was Diego's younger sister. In theory, subject to Scott308's concurrence, Waves and Katy had an undefined "good time together" at/after supper. ;)
ROFL!
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#76 Post by Scott308 »

Yeah, Waves was gonna talk to her after he found out she wasn't Diego's date, but things progressed too quickly and I didn't feel like going back to it after the PCs were in 'Nam. So, yeah, I'm perfectly fine with Waves and Katy hooking up before he shipped out. I'll work that into the game at some point in the future.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by The Bindoner »

Still mad-busy. My last post sat for days before I realised I hadn't hit "submit",... then I added a dice roll ... Sorry. :oops:

Remind me, how many shots in an M60 burst?
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Spearmint »

sorry for slow posting, had my bi-monthly bout of chemo this week and it takes me out for a few days. Okay, back on form now, unlike my horses which tail off at the end of the season.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Leitz »

Spearmint wrote:sorry for slow posting, had my bi-monthly bout of chemo this week and it takes me out for a few days. Okay, back on form now, unlike my horses which tail off at the end of the season.
What do you do with a horse's tail end? :shock:

Glad you're back. Rest up, then do your usual awesome post.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Spearmint »

You know, you train, train, train for a race and think okay, I have a good handicap of weight and two and a half miles to make up. Horse is fresh and goes well on the ground ... then some plonker jockey falls at the first fence and you do your nuts and his if you can reach them! I hope to run a couple of horses during October, pending fitness and weather. To keep them fresh I was thinking about asking the trainer to stick them on the flat all weather tracks to give then a run out first. Jockey gets booked mostly on who works for the yard, so may try to gain a weight handicap and place an apprentice on. Can't do much worse.

Return to “Tour of Duty (Revised Recon RPG)”