The Stinking Bugbear Cave (Intro)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: The Stinking Bugbear Cave (Intro)

#61 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Starbeard wrote:What's the cloud cover like? Looking in the distance, can we tell what sort of weather we'll have at sundown?
*rolls dice*

Looks like it will be clear today and tonight.

Though light fluffy clouds float across the clear sky periodically.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Pulpatoon »

Thamansa makes her way back to the cave, prepared to cause mischief and mayhem. She has put a modicum of effort into her appearance as well, slicking her fur down with bear grease, cleaning her teeth with a stick, and wearing her grandfather's prized necklace of leathery old human ears.

Did she have any luck getting some firebombs to drop from above?
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#63 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thamansa finds 3 old, dried up, water gourds in her cave that she could fill with oil and affix some kind of fuse to.

The others spend their day making preparations for the upcoming mission.

Eventually the day grows into evening and it is time to reconvene back at the bugbears cave for transport to the keep.

Nardgrog is there, as is Dramglug. Both appear to be ready to send you all off for an evening of recon work.

Nardgrog supervises the magical transportation, worried about the amulet's safety.

"Once everyone is ready to go, I suggest you find something to bite down on. And take a deep breath just before it happens."
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Urson »

Horsefly

After the arrangements have been made, Horsefly pulls out a tiny tambourine-like drum and begins tapping a steady three-beat rhythm on it. He dances in a small circle to his drumming, chanting in a low voice. This goes on for perhaps half an hour, then he stops.

He appears to have been invigorated by his ceremony, and is all gap-toothed smiles as the rest make their preparations for the recon. Soon, he can be seen settled against the wall, sleeping.

When the spies are ready to leave, he'll be ready.
FA FO
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Rex »

Othrod

Othrod shows up just before dar, rested and ready to go. "Time to do some sneaking." he says with a grin.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#66 Post by Scott308 »

Kermut

The gnoll arrives shortly before dark, a pair of newly sharpened daggers on his belt.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Starbeard »

Loopis returns to the rally point, ready to engage in nocturnal mischief.
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

As dusk approaches, Horny Carl returns to the cave. He looks distracted and depressed, and keeps looking over his shoulder at the sword on his back. If one were to guess, they'd think he had been arguing with it. And lost.

Let's just go now. Get it done and done, he manages in his broken black speech. He'll be happy when this is all done.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ondrake is getting cranky from being hungry. The smaller creatures are starting to look tasty. With the commotion of folks seeming to return from something he barks, "We attack and take tower now?"
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#70 Post by OGRE MAGE »

At dusk, the motley team reassembles again on the ground level of the Caves complex, after finding that area to be the safest place for transport in the past. A group of nearby orcs are still drinking and celebrating the upcoming battle, but there is little other fanfare for the groups upcoming mission.

Nardgrog and Dramglug go along to see you off, the blood red amulet poised for use.

”You will arrive on a narrow ledge below the northwest corner of the Keep. The exposed tunnel will be directly above that. There is a wide overhang of rock that will keep you hidden from the guards on the wall. Those of you who don’t fit in the tunnel should find other ways to check out the area. Every bit of information you learn will help bring us one step closer to victory!”

Thamansa takes the amulet in her hairy hands, eyeing it crazily. As the group huddles close together, Nardgrog reminds you all to brace yourselves for the experience. “DONT cry out! No matter how much it hurts! If the guards hear you or see you, the alarm will be sounded and they will know we are coming. DONT GET CAUGHT!”

If everyone is ready to go, please post a Constitution check roll (Con or less on a 3d6) along with your next post. If you fail that, roll a 3d6 Wis check for me. Thanks!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Rex »

Othrod

Con check (15 Con) [3d6] = 11

Othrod arrives silently. He quickly looks around to make sure the group hasn't been seen then checks to see if he is going to fit in the tunnel.
Scott308

#72 Post by Scott308 »

Kermut

The gnoll is able to avoid making any sort of noise. Of course he did, he's a gnoll, not some weak-willed bugbear. He will then enter the cave.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Horny Carl takes a deep breath and braces for the pain. It isn't nearly as bad as the bugbear made it out to be. Maybe they aren't so tough as all that. Once through the portal, he scurries to find a shadow big enough to hide in. He hears a whispering that his puny bull-mind forgot to mention that they should use the orcs as a diversion when the real attack comes.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#74 Post by OGRE MAGE »

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#75 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I guess I will "keep" plugging away with these posts in hopes that everyone is still playing.

At The Tunnel
2 Days Left
Dusk, Clear, Quiet

One by one the participants feel the magic of the amulet taking over, stretching their bodies and minds the entire 4 mile distance from the Caves to the Keep. The sensation from the teleport is unpleasant to say the least, but Othrod, Kermut, and Horny Carl all arrive unscathed. The three of them are able to stifle their desire to scream from the pain and disorientation the magic travel causes them.

They find themselves on a ledge at the side of the ravine on the northwest corner of the Keep. Looking up, they see the small tunnel Nardgrogs spies told him about. It is a short, narrow tunnel, only about 3 feet wide in most places. Kermut looks it over and heads that way, sure he will fit. Othrod and Carl take one look and know immediately that they wont be going inside.

There is an outcropping of rock just above the tunnel that hides your current position from the guards on the walls above. This outcropping could be climbed to access the ledge of the plateau that the Keep sits upon. From this position, you cant see or hear any guards, and you are pretty sure none of them can see you.

Actions?

In on the action so far:
Kermut (gnoll) 16/16
Othrod (bugbear) 30/30
Horny Carl (minotaur) 40/40
Scott308

#76 Post by Scott308 »

Kermut

The gnoll will quietly make his way to the tunnel. He'll look back to those who cannot fit, giving them a "thumbs-up" before entering the tunnel.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Rex »

Othrod

Othrod returns Kermut's thumbs up and scans the keep for any sign of people. Once everyone is in the tunnel who will fit he will start looking for another place he has cover that he can scout from.
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#78 Post by Computer +1 »

Shozbot

To say Shozbot is irritated is to put it mildly. He is sick of the Red Eye clan and tired of his chief's insistence that they can be useful.
Out of respect partly and not wanting to lose face in front of the assembled group Shozbot remains silent.

He grasps the amulet eager to let out his frustrations on whoever crosses his path.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ondrake watches the few folks magically whisk away and it dawns on him that some type of attempt to get into the keep - his keep as far as he is concerned - is starting without him.

"This west tower spoken of. Which way is west? When dark we go and look at it, yes?"
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#80 Post by OGRE MAGE »

OGRE MAGE wrote:If you haven't already done so, please post a Constitution check roll (Con or less on a 3d6) for the teleportation. If you fail that, roll a 3d6 Wis check for me. Thanks!

Return to “Revenge on the Borderlands Keep (1E)”