Part 5: Necromancer where for art thou?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Part 5: Necromancer where for art thou?

#61 Post by ravenn4544 »

Crow slides quietly over to the gate to examine it for the usual tricks and traps. Peering through the gate what can he see? If all appears quiet he will attempt the lock.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by ravenn4544 »

Crow examines the lock for a time then, with a bit unbelief, finds and disengages the lock. After a pause and look over his shoulder he'll push it slowly open.
thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#63 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Pheras lightly pokes the Gnome with his finger expecting him to vanish and turn into the necromancer
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Bluehorse »

Arastor

Sighs. "I think we are running out of options." He moves to the other portcullus as krakus takes up position to guard th rear, seeing if anything is visible on near or beyond.
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Ask the old gnome. Have you been beyond any of these doors?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by Nuke66 »

"Welcome old man, we ain't here to kill you. But iffin you have any idea about this infernal place, we'd like to here it." Mathias says
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#67 Post by GreyWolfVT »

thesniperknight1 wrote:Pheras lightly pokes the Gnome with his finger expecting him to vanish and turn into the necromancer
The gnome perceives this as a threat to his well-being and retaliates with a swift strike of the walking stick. This is a warning slap it stings but does no damage to Pheras.

"Do you wish to provoke me elf?! We've met but a few seconds ago and you are already poking me! The nerve of these surface dwellers..." The gnome grumbles something in strange tongue, as he takes another step back. Turning his head slightly to Krakus, he answers while keeping his eyes locked on Pheras.

"I have been beyond these doors at one point, but not recently. Recently I have been abducted by the Dark One, for what I guess can only be a twisted death by the hands of his monstrosities... wait, you aren't the monsters I've been hearing, are you?!" His eyes widen as he quickly scans the group before him.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - AC 3 HP: 14 /14:

Rician readies to face anything behind the door that Crow just picked the lock of.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Dram »

Krakus- No my new friend., but I think we are about to meet them.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Rukellian »

Mysterious Gnome who has yet to introduce himself properly...

"I don't remember agreeing to be your friend," the gnome says with a raised eyebrow. "And you all look mighty suspicious to me... of course, everyone from the surface looks suspicious. Can't be helped."

The gnome lowers his walking stick some and places it back into a walking position. "If you don't mind, I am going to leave this here cell and try to figure out where I am exactly. Wouldn't hurt to see how you guys fight too..." he mumbles as he makes his way to the back of group.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Rukellian »

Mysterious Gnome who has yet to introduce himself properly...

"So the Dark One is a necromancer?"says the gnome as he furrows his brows. "It would explain the sounds I've been hearing."He looks to whoever is in the back of the group and quietly asks something.

"You there, tell me. Is this group of yours looking to confront the Dark One or just trying to escape this place.... by the way, where are we?" The gnome begins to look around to take in the details of the earth and room décor. (let me know if I need to roll for anything)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#74 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir says,"We should search the area for any more buttons that might open the other door. We should prop something against this door leading into the cells so it doesn't close behind us as we search the cells."

Arthur says "I'll stay outside so I can push the button again if needed."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Pheras will start searching around the room for a button
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
GreyWolfVT

#76 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I can save you time there is no button on the inside where the deep gnome was imprisoned he has been there for a long while and surely would have found one in his months of being held here.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
GreyWolfVT

#77 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pheras searches for a button on the inside (holding area) of the cell the odd gray skinned gnome like man was just freed from, however there is none to be found. Rician & Crow look on the other side of the lock picked jail/cell door even though you could see through the bars clearly before that it leads to a long cavern passage and way down estimated at least 100 yards appears to be a dim light source. Behind you near where the un-introduced Gnome is still hesitantly eyeing and replying to those who question him is his chamber door and room he mostly stayed in. Time though to him is irrelevant and he has no clue how long he has been held here. Arthur takes to letting everyone investigate the other side of the door and cell area keeping guard on the other side of the area where Matias located the secret button that unlocked the solid wooden cell door.

The group mills around a bit in mostly silence other than their own conversations. Eventually the sounds of something comes from the area of the mystery dim light... and the light appears to be moving... but no sounds are made..

Actions?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by ravenn4544 »

Crow whispers a warning, "Time for introductions later - something is moving down there but I can't see what it is. Let's prepare defenses and see what approaches...."
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir readies his bow and Arthur keeps and eye on what's behind them.

Bandir says, "My bow will be ready."

Arthur states,"I got your backs."
Last edited by Cwreando on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Dram »

Krakus readies his Battle Axe. He the gnome a look You no name were waiting to see if you can fight also. Prepare to defend yourself! addressing the little gnome.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”