Act V Search for the Skyfish

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Act V Search for the Skyfish

#61 Post by Dram »

Xano- Looks at the group running towards them at opening. Seeing that they seem to be in a panic run. Mira let me off here. Go and help Blodget his small strides may not be enough for him to make it out safely.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#62 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar swoops down to help Trotter and Halo ...Trotter grab my hand? You looked like you were running out of steam! He then heads for Trotter...Hurry there is no time....Grab on to my cloak, use my flight as your propeller.
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by greyarea »

Trotter grabs Wyntar's hand, hoping that his Ring of Feather Falling will lighten the load on his companion.
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Storm11 »

Halo grabs for the Wizards cloak as he begins to rise and allows the magi to pull him forwards through the air.
Greys Campaign.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by tkrexx »

Blodget? Mira desperately looks about. Where is Blodget??
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Inferno »

Blodget, halfling thief:

"Beggin' your pardon but here I am Mistress Mira!" said Blodget as he threw his hood back while he continued scurrying. "Please don't leave me with the Elder Worms!"
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#67 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Escaping the Ice Tunnel

Morgi flys through the cavern, grabbing Xano along the way. The she elf comments that the worms must be babies as the tunnels are much larger. She soon learns that her assumption is correct and it makes her become confused with who she was traveling with.

When the ground begins shaking, Mira shouts down to the runners to pick up the pace. They don't seem to hear her due to the growing noise created by the crushing rock. However, they apparently don't need to be told as they sense what's happening and take off sprinting for the exit.

Wyntar decides it would be best to grab onto Trotter and then pull the levitating Halo along for the ride as well. This slows the mage's flight down a bit but seems to get the halflings up and away from any immediate danger.

Unseen, Blodget increases his pace as Thomas begins to pass him with his much longer strides. Then Mira shouts down to try to find the hidden hobbit. His little head appears and the look in his eyes is enough to melt the illusionists heart.

The group is barely able to converge at the tunnel opening as the deafening crescendo of breaking rocks behind them explodes in their ears. Morgi and Xano quickly fly through the tunnel and can see the light of day coming from the other end. Mira and Wyntar follow as fast as they can with Thomas and Blodget, still on foot, bringing up the rear.

Behind them, the floor of the cavern erupts upward in a violent explosion of ice and rock. A massive white worm bursts through the floor and let's out a blood curdling scream when it sees its offspring scattered from the nest. The huge worm must sense the fleeing runners movement as it slams back into the earth in the direction the party is headed.

The rock walls of the tunnel begin to collapse behind you and the opening you just traveled through becomes completely covered in stony rubble. The only choice the party now has is to keep fleeing towards the light and hope they can make the exit before becoming entrapped in this frozen tomb.

Actions?
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Storm11 »

Halo will encourage Wyntar to fly for their lives. To the opening! Swiftly! Pelor's light as our guide let us leave this place!"
Greys Campaign.
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by greyarea »

Trotter hopes they can make it
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Inferno »

Blodget, halfling thief:

Blodget scooted as fast as he could (12") , thinking, "Oh golly! I surely do hope that one of the many flying champions of this mighty company will see their way to plucking my fat from the fire soon, if'n it isn't too much bother, of course!"
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#71 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Im not sure why I posted that your only choice was to run but then asked for actions. :P
Death on the Shore

The group flees through the tunnel, praying to make it out alive. As the leaders begin to exit out the other end, into the freedom of the open air, they quickly fly away from the opening to clear the way for those behind them.

The passage opens onto the shore of a frozen lake that has formed in the bottom of the mountainous crater. In the center of the frozen lake, a lofty crystal tower rises above a small island, surrounded by what appears to be many smaller ruined buildings.

The deafening noise of the crushing rock suddenly stops as the rest of the party exits the now unusable tunnel. Thomas and Blodget gasp for breath after running the entire distance in full adventuring gear.

As their flying friends begin to realize they are no longer being pursued by a monster they notice Thomas and the now unhooded Blodget at the shoreline and begin to fly back towards them in order for the party to regroup.

The possible reunion is cut short suddenly as the ice at the shore of the lake erupts upwards, sending gobs of mud and chunks of ice in every direction. Rising up out of the mud is a huge white worm that almost instantly throws its head back into a striking pose and lashes out in the direction of Thomas, the much larger target at the shoreline. It's huge, disgusting maw opens wide as it strikes at the fiery cleric, trying to bite him in half.
image.jpg
image.jpg (19.58 KiB) Viewed 475 times
Actions!

notes
Xano and Trotter are being carried and will have to be put down first in order for them (or their carriers) to act. Of course, simply dropping them in order to act immediately is also an option. :shock:

Mira (flying), Halo (levitating), Thomas, and Blodget are the only ones who can make an action against the worm this round. Wyntar could also act if he simply lets go of Trotter, letting him feather fall to the ground. Morgi will have to use most of this round to get Xano safely to the ground. (unless you have an alternative plan of course)
positions
image.jpg
image.jpg (267.42 KiB) Viewed 475 times
Current Hit Points:
Trotter 43/43
Halo 36/49
Xano 22/39
Thomas 27/46
Morgi 39/49
Wyntar 24/40
Mira 32/32
Blodget 56/56
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by greyarea »

Trotter yells, Drop me on the worm like a living bomb!
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Storm11 »

Halo will grab his bow and fire arrows at the white worm thingy.

PbP Forum code: Initiative [1d10] = 5
Shortbow [1d20] = 1 : Damage [1d6] = 1 : Shortbow [1d20] = 9 : Damage [1d6] = 3
Greys Campaign.
Hotgoblin

#74 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar lets Trotter go above the White worm...he then moves to a defensive position and begins chanting and wildly moving his hands...Enjoy white worm, enjoy!!! Magic Missile
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Dram »

Xano- Seeing that the battle was not over. Morgi get me down there Thomas and Blodget need help.

How high is Xano off the ground?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#76 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dram wrote:Xano- Seeing that the battle was not over. Morgi get me down there Thomas and Blodget need help.

How high is Xano off the ground?
1d2+1 x10 feet off the ground. :D
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by tkrexx »

Mira positions herself as far to the right side of the tunnel as possible on her broom and reaches in her pouch to fetch her urn, rubbing it with her aged fleece scarf. Lolo, I need duplicates of my friends, the tall one and the Hobbit, there! They must flee away from us!

I shall try, my child, I shall try.

Spectral Force, of Thomas and Blodget heading away on the left side of the tunnel entrance, as fast as possible, complete with huffs and puffs, armor clinks and footfall vibrations. The illusion should cover the actual position of both, making them effectively invisible if they remain still.

Brother Thomas, Blodget, don't move! She screams, hoping they trust in her mystics, and hoping also that the others' attacks on the beast will affect it's perception.

Spell marked off.
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#78 Post by Nuke66 »

Morgi continues to fly, working up and behind the great white worm. Once he gets into position, he lets go of Xano, dropping him straight down before catching him with the gentle grasp of Telekinesis. He slows him down so he can ready himself for an attack.
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Inferno »

Blodget, halfling thief:

Huffing and puffing from all that running, the little hobbit opened his backpack to find out what was so heavy. He pulled out a big, black cast-iron frying pan. "I remember this!" he exclaimed. "I haven't used it in weeks! No one will ever let me make a campfire."

Then the white wyrm erupted onto the scene.

KLANG! Blodget dropped the pan and readied to resume running.
tkrexx wrote:Mira
Brother Thomas, Blodget, don't move!
A wiser hobbit than Blodget would have listened. Also, a braver one.
Sadly, Blodget was neither of those things. As much as he wanted to win Mistress Mira's favor, Blodget pulled his hood back up and ran due west, directly away from the wyrm.
When he neared the wall, he felt safe enough to turn and fire a sling bullet at the writhing horror from beneath his mantle of near-invisibility.

Blodget Sling: To Hit: [1d20+9] = 11+9 = 20, Damage: S/M: [1d4+3] = 2+3 = 5, Damage: L: [1d6+3] = 3+3 = 6
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by greyarea »

Hotgoblin wrote:Wyntar lets Trotter go above the White worm...
Free fall slowed by his Ring of Feather Falling, the ranger takes the time to draw his sword and position himself to land on the beast, blade first. I've bested your purple brethren, I will best you too,he murmurs as he dive-bombs in.

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”