OOC Discussion

Mister-Kent
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC Discussion

#61 Post by Mister-Kent »

Marullus -- It was Grognards' unfortunately. Yes, that would've worked well! (And I always think of the Colbayb as "Cool Babes")

The Capital Planet of the Solar Republic is now officially recognized as Bergthora in Al-Halou. Everything else you wrote works as public galactic intel :D

The other systems I previously mentioned are the other SR power-centers, so to answer explosiveghast more accurately, the Republic has 6 systems under its direct control, that you know of.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Marullus »

Mister-Kent wrote:The Capital Planet of the Solar Republic is now officially recognized as Bergthora in Al-Halou. Everything else you wrote works as public galactic intel :D
Posted!
Mister-Kent wrote:The other systems I previously mentioned are the other SR power-centers, so to answer explosiveghast more accurately, the Republic has 6 systems under its direct control, that you know of.
PIZZARO - within range of the Republic, but one of the only Tech 5, Pre-Scream planets. Lets have them not yet controlled, and we'll have to figure out why.

What are the other four known-controlled sectors? Caso, Epistrophes, Hesione, Cisneros, and Melite are the next within range.

Agememnon in the Epistrophes System is a warm, breathable, planet with good ecosystem - it is awesome in its Greekness and I'd like it to be a Republic-controlled world that Malachi Lykos was born on, maybe?

Hesione, Cisneros both have one planet each, and those planets are in the 19th century, if we want to do something with that (whether Republic or not).
Last edited by Marullus on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#63 Post by Mister-Kent »

I'm a post behind you Marullus, so this is answering your previous post.
Marullus wrote:* I'm unclear - that's a lot of races. Are they all sentient, space-based, and civilization-producing?
* What are the major interstellar languages? The others took terran languages - is that right? (I was holding off for direction)
* Yes to all three. However, consider--just because they can be considered "civilization-producing" does not in any way mean they currently (or recently, even) have a civilization to call their own.
* Yes, I believe everyone else took Terran languages. All aliens have their own tongue but most speak some form of human tongue as well--not all of this is common knowledge, however. The prominent languages are Salaril, Law, Ridern, Garav, and Hi'ho.

Solar Republic fits all your criteria for tech-level, specialized tech, and possible maltech. If not the Solar Republic, the Daksha System is your best bet.

Finding good psychic worlds now...Amezta (psi worship) and Nassir (psi academy) look like your options.
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#64 Post by Mister-Kent »

Marullus, I listed the other known sectors on the previous page: Kazemi, Hipsipyle, Zulfikarabedzadeh, and Xoramen. The Solar Republic's rule is vast, and not continguous. Luckily, they have the means to keep their outliers in check, somehow.

Indeed--why hasn't SR claimed Pizarro yet? Hmm... ;)
Playing
kmbll
Guide
Guide

#65 Post by kmbll »

Mister-Kent, any suggestions for a home world for Mr. Savage. I'd prefer it to be the pirate's main port and sort of a morally ambiguous place. I'm fine with wherever bUT would appreciate some high level basic information.
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by Enoch »

Mister-Kent wrote: Finding good psychic worlds now...Amezta (psi worship) and Nassir (psi academy) look like your options.
I'm a little behind in reading the location posts, but Amezta sounds very interesting to me!
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#67 Post by Mister-Kent »

For Guy the Savage:
Raboud would be good--located way at the bottom of the map in the Antiphos system, it's millions of people forcefully confined to little coast cities, so you know there's crime--a nice mix of space piracy and traditional sea-going kind I'd bet. I imagine sea-worthy amphibious spaceships and such. If that wouldn't suit, we can try something else...
Last edited by Mister-Kent on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playing
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#68 Post by Mister-Kent »

Everyone, please send me a PM with the subject "PCname - Homeworld"--each planet has some stuff that a local would know, but might not be readily known by the general populace. Having looked over the map more, I have a few options in mind for those still undecided.
Playing
Glintwine
Scout
Scout

#69 Post by Glintwine »

Awesome ideas going around! Very cool stuff, guys.

I figured from the beginning that Raquel probably came from either a Tech Level 1 or 2 world - no lower or higher would really work. Since we have no TL1 worlds, I'll just have to go with a TL2 one. Also I figure that she doesn't necessarily come from a world with an established academy or some such - just long-held traditions of "Wahrsagers" in her family that wouldn't necessarily be useful for teaching psychics from off-world. Might not even necessarily be useful for teaching their own, as I imagine that the training is lacking enough that many of the psionics in her family (which is established to birth many psychics) end up being killed as a mercy when they slip into madness because of the lack of concrete doctrine.

To that end, Popotas and Ghaliyah sound like they might be good fits, being fully inhabitable by primitive humans and both having millions of people which gives some relevance to her noble family. If those have already been established somehow as something else, no big deal. I actually have several others to choose from if need be.
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by Enoch »

I'm new to SWN, but is it possible that although a planet may be TL 2 overall, there are TL 1 areas on it? Mechanically it's no different, but color-wise you can still describe yourself coming from a TL 1 background.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#71 Post by Mister-Kent »

I'd allow it. The TL level is for the general tech availability on the world, but there are of course exceptions. If you're in an impoverished or otherwise recessed region, it would make sense to only have access to a TL lower.
Playing
Glintwine
Scout
Scout

#72 Post by Glintwine »

That's a good thought, Enoch, and I appreciate the leniency, Mister-Kent, but it's really no big deal. TL2 worlds, being 19th century levels of tech, probably still use things like swords and bows and such nearly as much as a TL1 world. Muskets and blunderbusses are probably expensive and only so useful in close combat, after all. Culturally, I doubt it would change Raquel much to be from either, and as a noblewoman she likely would have had access to the very best technology the world had to offer.
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#73 Post by Mister-Kent »

I like what we've figured out for everyone's homeworld so far :D
Playing
kmbll
Guide
Guide

#74 Post by kmbll »

Mister-Kent, I don't want to rewrite any of what you've already planned but could Raboud effectively be a place that people fear to tread due to the well known fact that it's overtaken by pirates? I'd ideally like there to be 12 of those land locked cities you mentioned and have them be massive city-states.
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by Mister-Kent »

That works for me--the things I have "planned" for each world are extremely open to suggestion. Consider Raboud the Piracy Capital of Tartarus Lambda!
Playing
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Marullus »

I posted a sheet update- one major thing for discussion over here, relating to the Galactic encyclopedia.
I'd like to add the Colbayb as a plotpoint, and took their Culture (and thus language). The idea of a race controlled by neural symbionts is too good to pass up... he is implying a conspiracy: a lost past-history similar to a Burning Empires thing before they were beaten back. Is that good?
For those not familiar with Burning Empires - it means the symbionts are small worms that invade and live in the spinal column, taking neural control of their host. When acting aggressively and in an expansionist mindset, they can conduct stealth campaigns to invade and take over key leaders on a planet, and eventually convert other planets to their control by means of spreading the worms. If they can do this with enough stealth, it can be quite... painless. The receiving planets are not so keen on it and it lends itself to xenophobic paranoia on their parts.

I'm implying that the symbionts had an expansionist phase at some point pre-Scream in some portion of the Sector. It is possible they were driven back, nurse their wounds within their willingly-bred Colbayb host bodies, and now have new plans. Sowing a little paranoia in the game and seeing if it develops into a plotline sounds fun to me.

Thoughts?
kmbll
Guide
Guide

#77 Post by kmbll »

I came across this ship generator and ran some iterations of Cat's Cradle (Cats Cradle sucked):

http://ship.shapewright.com/?name=Cradle

http://ship.shapewright.com/?name=Cat+Cradle

I personally like the Cradle one with the back portion being storage of a free trader. Any thoughts?
explosiveghast
Scout
Scout

#78 Post by explosiveghast »

Any thoughts?
Those are pretty cool! Although the turrets on both craft don't have a clear forward field of fire. Still neat.

Happier with the turret here but the ship is squat and not sexy.
http://ship.shapewright.com/?name=cradle+of+the+cat

I really like this one. Twin fuselage bow.
http://ship.shapewright.com/?name=cradle+le+cat

http://ship.shapewright.com/?name=kitty+bed

http://ship.shapewright.com/?name=kittens+bed

Hey! This one has the Madoshi addition!
http://ship.shapewright.com/?name=it+is ... e+to+sleep

Thanks for this link. Too fun.
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#79 Post by Mister-Kent »

Yeah, if you guys find one you can all agree on that'd be great--I love having deck plans.
Playing
kmbll
Guide
Guide

#80 Post by kmbll »

My favorite is Cradle - my thinking for the guns is that they're on a pivot and can move in a full a 180 radius and that's just their resting positions but if I would like for us to choose a ship if everyone is amicable towards that.

Return to “Cat's Cradle (SWN)”