The Aftermath

OGRE MAGE
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: The Aftermath

#61 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides Nereos

Euripides drinks his fill from the cask. I only know two spells and none of them can do what you want, he replies to Valkrina, shrugging his shoulders.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"I have but a single spell, you have seen it at work. I fear of limited use on an island where it's likely that nobody understands our tongue"
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#64 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Inside The Dark Cave

The cave warms and dries quickly once a small fire is lit, giving off just enough light to see by in the darkness. Everyone drinks their fill from the magic everfull fresh water cask, handing the wooden vessel over to Hakon once their thirst is satiated. The groggy Viking chants softly over his special drinking horn, intricately carved with many ruins and glyphs. After a few moments of this goes by, Hakon takes a long drink off the horn before offering it up to the others to drink from. "Like I said, ya cant get drunk off it, but it will make ya feel a little better, at least."

Even in the dimly lit cave, the man's pale complexion does seem to improve slightly from the drink of watery ale, so Valkrina takes a slam as well, indeed feeling slightly better afterwards. (+2 hit points) The slow witted Viking hands it over to anyone else willing to drink, answering the skald as best he can in his exhausted condition. "I washed up alone, at the same time you did, I just woke up a bit quicker is all." He looks down fondly at the idol still hanging around his neck. "This thing saved me, I'm sure of it. How else could we all have survived being sucked underwater for so long? These totems are highly magical indeed, and I aim to learn more about them once we have recovered enough."

"This area was the only place I found and came back to you as soon as I heard that dipshit captain shouting. I didnt like the look of those little forest freaks either, they had a bad aura hanging over them."

Actions?

Apollonius AC:8 1/5 2/2
Valkrina AC:6 6/8 1/1
Drest AC:7 1/7
Euripides AC:5 4/7 2/2
Xenos AC:5 3/9 1/2
Hakon AC:4 6/9 1/1
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest will crash and rest.
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by Bluetongue »

Valkrina

Rests in the cave, taking a turn if need be to guard the entrance from intruders. When the team is ready to explore she will follow.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by shaidar »

Xenos drinks the healing brew when offered.

"Valkrina is right, we should rest here with guards until we have recovered more. Once it is light tomorrow we can explore this place"
Scott308

#68 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides Nereos

Euripides will accept the drinking horn from Hakon and take a turn on watch. Hopefully, the natives will forget about us if they can't find us right away. Then we can sleep and explore tomorrow when we're rested and have the light of the sun to see by.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by Paladin »

Apollonius Triton

The exhausted and banged up Apollonius finds a semi-comfortable spot and falls asleep.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#70 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Inside The Dark Cave

Xenos and Euripides gladly drink from the Runegrever's ale horn next, they too fell slightly better after imbibing the pale liquid. (+2 hit points ea.) The two most gravely injured, Drest and Apollonius, quickly fall asleep from exhaustion without drinking any of the healing elixir, still nursing their many wounds inside the warm cave. Hakon stares at them incredulously, capping his horn for now in case they reconsider once they arise.

The daylight shining into the cave eventually fades into darkness when evening finally arrives, and thankfully, they are not discovered by anything other than small game animals who sniff them out from a safe distance. Once night falls, Valkrina and Hakon remain awake to stand guard over the others. They begin to hear a strange chanting or singing coming from further inland. The chanting continues to grow more and more frantic and eventually roars into a creepy crescendo. They cant make out any of the words, but some of the voices sound similar to the forest dwellers who they heard shouting after they killed Lazereth.

Debating whether they should wake the others or not, Hakon moves closer to the cave opening, listening to the outside noises intently. "If those people knew we were here, I think they would have done something about us already."

Actions?

I will be kind and wave the wandering monster rolls for the evening, ;) so does anyone want to do anything specific before we reach the next morning?

Apollonius AC:8 1/5 2/2
Valkrina AC:6 6/8 1/1
Drest AC:7 1/7
Euripides AC:5 6/7 2/2
Xenos AC:5 5/9 1/2
Hakon AC:4 6/9 1/1
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Rex »

Drest

If Drest wakes up he will drink from the horn For some reason I thought he had already.
Scott308

#72 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides is ready for morning.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by Bluetongue »

Valkrina

"If I was familiar with the terrain, knew the dangers of the forest, then I might be more confident about sneaking up on the tribe and spy on what is happening.

We are too weak to stand any combat unless we get to ambush them first. We could also argue that while they drum and dance in the forest over there we could move out under cover of darkness and escape their territory."

She muses to Hakon a few thoughts that come from her hunter-gatherer heritage. With the cave though being a safe space for now, she will rest here until morning and depart then with the others.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#75 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Apparently the guy really hates ale. :lol:
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by shaidar »

Xenos is alseep. Nothing to do until morning
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#77 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Inside The Dark Cave
The Next Morning

Drest drinks from the Runegravers horn last, also gaining the healing effects of the magically enhanced ale. The group sleeps through the night, with one of them trying to stay awake and on guard, but not always successfully. At one point Valkrina suggests sneaking outside to scout around, but both she and Hakon eventually agree that it would be wise for everyone to stay together and rest.

They hear the strange chanting and shouting late into the night, the eerie cacophony finally dying down only a couple hours before sunrise. Thankfully, the group is not disturbed during their rest and awaken at first light feeling a little less dead then the day before. (+2 hit points ea.)

Actions?

Apollonius AC:8 3/5 2/2
Valkrina AC:6 8/8 1/1
Drest AC:7 5/7
Euripides AC:5 7/7 2/2
Xenos AC:5 7/9 2/2
Hakon AC:4 8/9 1/1
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#78 Post by Bluetongue »

Valkrina

"So can we make a plan?" she asks aware of an obvious next step of 'scouting the forest and finding civilization'.

"Maybe go around the coast. At least then we know we can gather clams, mussels, seaweed is nutritious, more crab meat and probably find some good spots for fish.

If anyone else is washed up we can find them too or remnants of the wreck."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Rex »

Drest

"A plan is a good idea. I am a decent scout."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"Sticking to the coastline is a good idea. It means we can easily retrace our steps to here if needed. It'll also help us to get an idea of the size of the island and any landmarks that might help us to navigate the inside without getting lost."

Return to “Pawns of the North Wind (AS&SH 2e)”