OOC: The Place for Rambling, Ranting, and Anything Else

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC: The Place for Rambling, Ranting, and Anything Else

#482 Post by hedgeknight »

AQuebman wrote:Yeah that was the reason I was holding off is I have been healed so much by the cleric and Oggle wouldn't know if he was spent or not. If that's the case i'd gladly pop a potion just need the cleric to pass the information along.
I agree, however, our cleric - Thurgrum - has been AWOL - not sure what's up with that.

As for only drinking half of the speed potion, I think you have to chug all of that sucker for the effects to occur. Am I reading that right? :?:
Winter is coming...
Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#483 Post by Hoondatha »

With most potions in 2e, yeah. They tended to explicitly state when you could take less than the entire potion. For instance, the potion of extra healing as specific notes on being able to drink the whole thing or 1/3 of it.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#484 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote:... however, our cleric - Thurgrum - has been AWOL - not sure what's up with that.
He's been on the forum as late as today. Just not making updates?

*shrugs*
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by hedgeknight »

Checking in this afternoon - been a crazy work week and no wonder - we are leading up to Spring Break! :mrgreen:
My plan for the next two days is to move the game forward...a lot...or as much as possible and hopefully...hopefully...get the group to Grunwald before I go on break (see Out of Town thread). But don't hold your breath...you know what they say about best laid plans... :twisted:
Winter is coming...
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#486 Post by Alethan »

I'm on board with that.
Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#488 Post by Hoondatha »

Have I had a chance to re-memorize spells?
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#489 Post by hedgeknight »

Hoondatha wrote:Have I had a chance to re-memorize spells?
You will tonight when you rest.

Evening fellers > it's late, and for some reason I'm still awake. As you know, I'll be heading out of town on Saturday and will likely not be able to check in until Wednesday evening. Until then, I want you to think about a few things:

1/ I'm very impressed about what you've accomplished so far - I know it's been a whirlwind of a game. You've been rushed here and there and thrown into conflicts that have been, at least on paper, overwhelming and even potentially very deadly. And yet, you've came through victorious! The dice gods are good!

2/ I also realize (thanks to some great advice) that I haven't given you much time to role-play and get to know one another very well. I promise to make up for that -starting with this next part of the adventure. I want your characters to be able to mesh as a group and work together...without any type of internal strife or confusion. We have a diverse group of characters, all with very interesting histories, and it will make for some dynamic interplay.

3/ Please don't hesitate to speak up and let me know what you want in OUR game. If we're moving to fast or too slow, say so. If you think your character needs more interaction or opportunities for advancement, say so. If I'm railroading the game, say so. Don't sit on it and become angry or resentful - get it out and tell me. PM me or call me (910-604-3372).

4/ One last thing > I'm thinking about bringing another player into the game. I have a good friend (who I have never met personally), who has been in my online games for about seven years - he's a consistent, fun player, and I'm have been holding off on inviting him into the group...until now. What are your thoughts about that?

Back to the game!

-g-
(Gary)
Winter is coming...
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#490 Post by Alethan »

Invite away, especially if he has a proven track record.

Having the least number of hit points in the party, the intensity of the combat so far has been a little concerning. I don't complain, though, because I'm the one who picked my class and set my attribute scores. Just don't expect me to frontline any major fights until I get a few more under the belt. But I'll always do my best to contribute as best I can, when I can.
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#491 Post by AQuebman »

I'm fine with inviting another and mixing up our RP with Combat and quick adventure. I think a balanced approach is the ideal scenario.

I'm a little concerned how well Oggle will hold up defenses & HP wise but with enough healing or a proper tank I don't think damage should be a problem :D .
Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#492 Post by Hoondatha »

Yeah, I don't want Oggle going anywhere. He's the only reason we're all still alive.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#493 Post by hedgeknight »

Alright fellers > Spring break has sprung and I'm about ready to hit the road.
Talk and role-play amongst yourselves for a few days and I'll be back online Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

Axe High!
Winter is coming...
rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#494 Post by rtdersch »

Yeah, Oggle needs to stand fast as of right now he's clearly a "Chosen one of Bahamut." I've never seen a first level character absolutely shred through the caliber of enemies we've had up to this point. I knew I should have specialized in the bastard sword and/or put my "18" into strength but while I'm unable to hit the broad side of a barn, I've (knocks on wooden desk) not been even hit yet. We have good party though I worry where Thurgrum is?

You out there 'Grum?
Nökrugh - Level 2 Half-Orc Fighter (Berserker) - Hedges Forgotten Realms HP 29/29 AC:3
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#495 Post by AQuebman »

heh i'm jealous of your 18 but 2E provides with more than enough power with some of the extreme specializations you can run. That and the Unseen Servant Dice Roller has been mighty kind. Just don't forget to say your prayers at the great golden orb in the sky.

It also helps that in 2 rounds I get 5 attacks so law of averages will come into play. Hopefully when i'm on a down swing you guys are all hitting a hot streak
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#496 Post by hedgeknight »

Back in the saddle, fellers! Had a nice trip to the hills of Virginia/TN - got to see lots of family, play in the snow a bit, and enjoy the outdoors of where I tromped around in my childhood. Nice trip, but glad to be back.

I'm guessing Brund the Decrepit (Thurgrum) and possibly Computer +1 (Darkstar) are gone from the game. They haven't posted in quite awhile, and I sent each a PM on the 21st and haven't heard a reply yet. Neither have been online since the 20th.
So, I'm going to send an invite to another player (the one I mentioned earlier) and go from there.

Got a couple of things to do this morning and will then post in the game thread sometime later today. I just read through it and the role-playing is, as always, exceptional! Briefly, you still have time to reach Grunwald and hopefully cure the king. But first...the situation at Morgur's Mound.

Back in a few...
-g-
Winter is coming...
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#498 Post by Computer +1 »

Dont ever doubt me, this game is way too good to ever leave!
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#499 Post by hedgeknight »

Excellent news, C+1 and thanks for the props!

I added a new member to the boards, as we discussed last week or so, and he's currently working on a character who will likely join up when you reach Grunwald. New member's username is Belkregos.

Per the wishes of our moderator, Tonixx, I am going to close this thread and open a second OOC thread, since we are right at 500 posts and 25 pages. Great stuff!
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”