Character Creation

thirdkingdom
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Creation

#41 Post by shaidar »

ok.

i just wanted to check I understand the Athletics skill correctly. I can either take the general skill and have access to all sub-skills, or choose to narrow the skill, allowing me to select only 3 of the sub-skills, but at a higher proficiency level.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote:ok.

i just wanted to check I understand the Athletics skill correctly. I can either take the general skill and have access to all sub-skills, or choose to narrow the skill, allowing me to select only 3 of the sub-skills, but at a higher proficiency level.
Correct.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by shaidar »

thanks. I think all I need to do is sort out equipment, which I'll do later today.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by shaidar »

the spells that I get through Nature's Ally, do I need to pray and select them each day, just like a cleric/druid?
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote:the spells that I get through Nature's Ally, do I need to pray and select them each day, just like a cleric/druid?
Yup.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by shaidar »

and I'll need a holy symbol?

edit: I guess my real question is whether spells come directly from 'nature' or from a nature diety for druids
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote:and I'll need a holy symbol?

edit: I guess my real question is whether spells come directly from 'nature' or from a nature diety for druids
Nature.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by shaidar »

thanks.

well I think Newton is finished, let me know if I've got anything wrong.
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by VonAlric »

As part of Gardo's background, I wanted to have an associate from his previous activities with the gambling ring that he has on retainer to "assist" him with daily things. This person would also be outfitted with some gear already paid from the gold that was given in the beginning. Going too far here?
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by thirdkingdom »

VonAlric wrote:As part of Gardo's background, I wanted to have an associate from his previous activities with the gambling ring that he has on retainer to "assist" him with daily things. This person would also be outfitted with some gear already paid from the gold that was given in the beginning. Going too far here?
Like a batman? As long as they don't accompany you into a dungeon that's fine. If they're a 0-level man they will cost 10 gp per month.
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#51 Post by VonAlric »

Yeah, more of a day to day adviser to help keep him from really stupid things. Helps with menial tasks.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by thirdkingdom »

VonAlric wrote:Yeah, more of a day to day adviser to help keep him from really stupid things. Helps with menial tasks.
That works for me.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Pulpatoon »

Aldus' shopping list for Wulfka Ad
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint & Steel
Torches (8)
Waterskin
Riding Horse
Saddle
2 Saddlebags
Chainmail
Shield
Long Sword

200 gp 6 sp

Aldus makes it clear that he owns this equipment, but she can have it (except for the horse) after completing 4 months in his service. Further, given an hour or two, he will sew her a traveling cloak fit to measure, with a few hidden pockets in the lining (a speciality of his). And he gives her the first week's pay up front to purchase anything else she wants to round out her equipment (such as rations).
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by thirdkingdom »

Pulpatoon wrote:Aldus' shopping list for Wulfka Ad
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint & Steel
Torches (8)
Waterskin
Riding Horse
Saddle
2 Saddlebags
Chainmail
Shield
Long Sword

200 gp 6 sp

Aldus makes it clear that he owns this equipment, but she can have it (except for the horse) after completing 4 months in his service. Further, given an hour or two, he will sew her a traveling cloak fit to measure, with a few hidden pockets in the lining (a speciality of his). And he gives her the first week's pay up front to purchase anything else she wants to round out her equipment (such as rations).
That might not all be available right away. I'll roll it out in the morning.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by shaidar »

are we using combat manoeuvres?
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by shaidar »

added
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#58 Post by VonAlric »

Just looked over character sheet and noticed that my last modification didn't post. It is currently missing the combat maneuvers on the sheet and his bow and arrows. So, to keep from metagaming, I did not refer to them in this current battle. I will correct the character sheet (and make sure it happens this time) for future encounters.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by thirdkingdom »

VonAlric wrote:Just looked over character sheet and noticed that my last modification didn't post. It is currently missing the combat maneuvers on the sheet and his bow and arrows. So, to keep from metagaming, I did not refer to them in this current battle. I will correct the character sheet (and make sure it happens this time) for future encounters.
Sounds good!
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#60 Post by The_Wanderer »

Let's get down to business.
thirdkingdom wrote:
The_Wanderer wrote:I'm interested. When would you want me to have a character ready?
ASAP would be good.

1. Str, Int, Wis, Dex, Con, Cha:: 6#3d6 12 7 14 11 10 12
2. http://orokos.com/roll/732705: 6#3d6 10 13 13 9 16 13
3. http://orokos.com/roll/732707: 6#3d6 17 8 9 11 14 15

You can switch any two score. Link to the current character classes are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/77hnbkgx35o9l ... 9.pdf?dl=0

Once you respond to this post I'll go ahead and add you to the game forum so you can post there.

~~~~~

I think we're all filled up for the moment, folks.

Return to “A Brave New World (OSE)”