The Alchemist Lab

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Alchemist Lab

#41 Post by tooleychris »

Eirenaios & Ruken move to aid the fallen Tyrion who stares wide eyed at the two but is unable to move. They search his body for wounds but find none. Administoring their skills they decide its a poison that paralyzes the dwarf and it must run its course.

Throm heaves his weapon at the crawler but it evades the attack, squirming to the side, which also causes Craxzus to swing wide, missing his mark.
Throms ax spins end over end in a wide arc and flies back to his waiting hand.
A trail of yellow ichor flows from the creatures wounds as it continues to climb up the slope.
Thorgrim, still in a crazed rage, leaps into the air and brings his ax down in a mighty swing, severing the thing into two writhing pieces. Rubbery intestines spill from it as it finishes its death throws and fall still!
Seeing the pool of yellow blood flowing down the hill towards him, Tyrion finds the strength to get up and avoid being covered in the horrors fluids.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm summons his throwing axe back using the powers of the rings on them.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Tyrion
Strider
Strider

#43 Post by Tyrion »

Search (66%) [1d100] = 90

Thank you for the help, not the best time for a nap.

I start searching the area.
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by tooleychris »

There's an obvious trail leading up the slope where the creatures many legs have left divots in the rocky soil and crushed vegetation.
The orc bodies are covered in bloody dirty furs. The other figure is a man wearing ringmail. There are 2 orc bows, 2 broken spears, and scattered arrows easily seen on the ground and the man has a crossbow on his lap that Thorgrim eyes right away.
Will need more specific parameters if you search further.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Rukellian »

Ruken sort of backs away to give the dwarf and others some room. He looks to the ground with furrowed brows and folds his arms behind his back, kicking some dirt in front of him. "I-I'm sorry everyone, for not being much help in combat I mean. While you were all fighting off those creatures and working to rescue our group mates, I was hiding in the background..."

The gnome's demeanor suggests that this has been eating away at him for some time now. He tries to not make eye contact with anyone and turns around to look away.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
GreyWolfVT

#46 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm walks over to his dear friend Ruk and puts a hand on the gnomes shoulder "That's what I like bout Ya Ruk. Take no worry we all have our strengths and weakness. Yer the brains I'm the brawn." the dwarf smiles then leaves his friend to his thoughts.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios nods, "Each of us can do something that others fall short of reaching, your chemical marvels AMAZE me, and who knows maybe you will create a potion that transforms you into a fighter"

Eirenaios follows the trail left by the slimes but with more care now, he doesn't want to be surprised again
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by tooleychris »

Eirenaios follows the trail leads up the sloping mountain side about 100' where a boulder juts out past the cliff face. Under it, a 4' tall, 6' wide gap can be seen going into the mountain. Another dark cave!
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Dram »

Craxzus follows Eirenaios. He whispers to him. Wait I will see if the are any more of those creatures inside.

He will look for any rodent type creatures. And cast "Rat Vision".

Knowledgde Arcane(55%)[1d100] = 87
Fail

2nd attempt
Knowledgde Arcane(55%)[1d100] = 12

Success, I need to count my points see what I have left.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm having tried to cheer up his gnomish friend heads off to catch up with Eirenaios.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by tooleychris »

Dram wrote:Craxzus follows Eirenaios. He whispers to him. Wait I will see if the are any more of those creatures inside.

He will look for any rodent type creatures. And cast "Rat Vision".

Knowledgde Arcane(55%)[1d100] = 87
Fail

2nd attempt
Knowledgde Arcane(55%)[1d100] = 12

Success, I need to count my points see what I have left.
Don't deduct MPs. Craxzus sees no rats and its range is vision.
Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by Blazeguard »

Although its appearance is rather mundane and ordinary, something draws his eyes to the crossbow lying in the dead man's lap. Thorgrim carefully plucks it from the man's grasp and examines it with his practiced, warrior's eye.

He will also search the rest of the area for any other useable weapons or armor. Items that could either be used or sold.

Search (32%): [1d100] = 31
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Rukellian »

"I'm only useful when I'm mixing the stuff..." Ruken grumbles to himself when everyone else leaves. He hefts his pickaxe and looks at it strangely. The last time he actually hit something in combat with this thing was... over 10 years ago!
"...and who knows maybe you will create a potion that transforms you into a fighter"
Eirenaios' words echo in his mind as a crazy idea starts to shine through his gloom. I have all these fighters around me, why not have them teach me a thing or two about swinging this pick properly?

But what if I chicken out again!? "Those hero elixirs sound much more useful the more I think about them. I could certainly use some liquid courage!"

The gnome catches up with the rest of the group and watches Thorgrim inspect an ordinary looking crossbow. "You seem to know your weapons well," Ruken says with a smile.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Having no luck in finding his main component for his spell. He lets the other know about the cave. There is a cave up here. It may hold More of those creatures or treasures.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
Tyrion
Strider
Strider

#55 Post by Tyrion »

Shall we set it on fire now?
Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim gets a confused look on his face and scratches his head as he looks around, realizing that he doesn't see any bolts for the crossbow. He removes the man's knife before his attention is diverted by the bulging pouch on the man's belt. He will remove the pouch and then search the orcs for any valuables as well.

Search (32%): [1d100] = 80

Once he is done searching he will return his attention to the crossbow. He notices a shooting star carved into the stock and will show the others to see if they have any ideas of what it is or might mean.
thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#57 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios ponders, "Those creatures meant to drag me there, now it's true that there might be more of them but there is DEFINITELY treasures of past victims OR even someone who is still alive kept as stock for those slimy creatures", a grin appears, "But this is an adventure! What's an adventure without a bit of risk!"

He looks to Ruken and Thorgrim who are hanging back, "We will head through, follow us if you are done okay? Spliting up too much is never a good idea"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
GreyWolfVT

#58 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Alright. Let's go in then eh?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rukellian »

"I will try to help too, where I can..." The gnome looks very reluctant to head into a den full of those creatures with the paralyzing fluids. He looks to Throm for reassurance. Alas, the gleam of avarice seems to be found within his dwarven partner as well. "Guess there is not point in reasoning you all out of a dangerous situation if treasure is involved, huh?" Ruken laughs as he says this. "Just don't get hit by the paralyzing fluids again, alright guys?" Perhaps I can create some traps inside the caves if my luck be with me? The gnomes mind starts to filter through ideas of creating partial cave-ins, rock fall traps, and even the idea of rigging the entrance to the cave itself...

Search Check 46% [1d100] = 49 Ruken will be looking at his surroundings carefully, keeping an eye out for weak points in walls and potential areas of rock pile stacking as he follows the group into the cave.
Tyrion
Strider
Strider

#60 Post by Tyrion »

Let's be about it then, maybe I built up a tolerance to their venom

I start heading for the cave entrance.

Return to “Silverymoon”