OOC

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#41 Post by rredmond »

Heh, I took those percentages right outta the OSRIC manual. Figured it'd be interesting in case anyone made, didn't realize that so many would come so close.

IIRC the percentage is for a 2nd level NPC party to have 2 magic items. Thought it best to let everyone have a go! Did everyone miss?

Equipment is straight out of the OSRIC manual, just use those prices. If there's anything there that you don't see please PM me.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Norjax »

Current standings:

Alethan = Magic User
dmw71 = Thief
leebrown1990 = Paladin (fighter)
Nuke66 = Magic User/Thief

This gives us (2) Magic Users, (2) Thieves and (1) Fighter

That leaves:

Argennian = Open but indicated Druid
Computer +1 = “Spell Caster”
Norjax = Fighter or Cleric

We need at least (1) healer and another fighter would be desirable.

So, Argennian & Computer +1, do you have any preferences based on our needs? If Computer +1 wants to play a Cleric, then I will take a Fighter.

Does anyone else have opinions on what classes we need to fill the party?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by rredmond »

tkrexx is in there somewhere too.

I'll PM him, but he's #8 that you don't have listed.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Argennian »

Apologies for the late response here, gang. Just started a new job Monday and I've been working loong days training in the field.

Anyhoo, I'm down to play whatever we need. Looks like we're good in the magic-user and thief departments, so I'd be game for whatever. I had originally thought of a Druid, and at 2nd level, that would give one 2nd lvl spell (without a WIS bonus), which could be CLW. I love playing that class but admittedly, they can be less effective in dungeon delves than in wilderness adventures. Still, with the title of this adventure in mind, I could still potentially see one coming in handy! :wink:

So, if Norjax and C+1 go Fighter and Cleric respectively, I might just stick with playing that Druid after all. Otherwise, I'll see what my attribute rolls look like and go from there. Of course, perhaps I should do my % chance for magic first and see what pops? 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#45 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:Apologies for the late response here, gang. Just started a new job Monday and I've been working loong days training in the field.

Anyhoo, I'm down to play whatever we need. Looks like we're good in the magic-user and thief departments, so I'd be game for whatever. I had originally thought of a Druid, and at 2nd level, that would give one 2nd lvl spell (without a WIS bonus), which could be CLW. I love playing that class but admittedly, they can be less effective in dungeon delves than in wilderness adventures. Still, with the title of this adventure in mind, I could still potentially see one coming in handy! :wink:

So, if Norjax and C+1 go Fighter and Cleric respectively, I might just stick with playing that Druid after all. Otherwise, I'll see what my attribute rolls look like and go from there.
With a party of eight, two people with heals would be preferential over just one. I think a straight cleric (especially one with a high WIS for the bonus spells) and a Druid (again, with the high WIS) would work. And apparently we'll get one communal CLW potion.
Argennian wrote:Of course, perhaps I should do my % chance for magic first and see what pops? 8-)
Oh, good idea, Argennian!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:
Argennian wrote:Of course, perhaps I should do my % chance for magic first and see what pops? 8-)
Ouch! Didn't think it would go that way. Hmmm, good play!
Good luck.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by tkrexx »

I'm old, but I'm new to this. My 1st roll sucked the dentures from my mouth; not a stat above 13. I re-rolled and came up with this:
In that order. I have not rearranged anything. The complete opposite end of the spectrum.

1st question: IS THIS ALLOWED?

Don't really want to go any farther until I know that, cuz with this roll the pc could be anything.
Last edited by tkrexx on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by rredmond »

Absolutely allowed!

Hmm, I don't see any other rolls for you, but this:

Stats: STR:17, INT:17, WIS:16, DEX:15, CON:13, CHR:16 and it looks fine.

If you haven't yet, I'd downlike the OSRIC PDF from here: http://www.knights-n-knaves.com/osric/

It is essentially First Edition AD&D as you remember it, with a tweak or three. But you can use it, and the Character Sheet template to make the character you want. Ask a ton of questions, once you have a character and everything squared away, it'll be easier, at least I think so. :)

But let me know if you need anything and create any kinda character you want, goodness knows you have the rolls for it. I'll let your fellow party members pelt you with suggestions now! :)

Be well and welcome!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by tkrexx »

2nd question: Ok, how can I rearrange the stats?
3rd question: Would fellow party members prefer the company of a Druid/Ranger/Ranger-Cleric (I hate playing straight Clerics).

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by rredmond »

tkrexx wrote:2nd question: Ok, how can I rearrange the stats?
When you fill out the character sheet (in that thread) just pop them in where you like it. Don't worry about the rolls any more.
tkrexx wrote: 3rd question: Would fellow party members prefer the company of a Druid/Ranger/Ranger-Cleric (I hate playing straight Clerics).
Always fun to play that 1/2 elf cleric/ranger! :)
Of course other than that Rangers can only be 1/2 elf or human, and druids can only be human or (in OSRIC) halflings! ;)

Have fun.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Norjax »

Argennian wrote:So, if Norjax and C+1 go Fighter and Cleric respectively, I might just stick with playing that Druid after all.
I’m O.K. with this.
Alethan wrote:With a party of eight, two people with heals would be preferential over just one. I think a straight cleric (especially one with a high WIS for the bonus spells) and a Druid (again, with the high WIS) would work. And apparently we'll get one communal CLW potion.
Sounds like a plan. I have a 17 to use for WIS, but we’ll see what Computer +1 does.
tkrexx wrote:Would fellow party members prefer the company of a Druid/Ranger/Ranger-Cleric (I hate playing straight Clerics).
Welcome, tkrexx! I’ll play the straight Cleric if no one else wants to.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by Computer +1 »

Ok I see that I am once again the slow character builder.

So what do we need? I was going to play a magic man with lightning bolt powers but it looks like
that we may have that covered.

I will play any class but a fighter, I need to branch out!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by tkrexx »

Guess I'll stick to the Ranger then, since we have 2 healing-types and only 1 Paladin. Gonna be 2nd lvl and a hp monster, tho.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by rredmond »

Not being one to nerf a good idea, so this:
rredmond wrote:
Alethan wrote:
Ouch! Didn't think it would go that way. Hmmm, good play!
Good luck.
Is perfectly allowed too. Since you four haven't really declared yet you can see what happens. Of course, with a nicely balanced party, if you get lucky, someone will be able to use anything you roll.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#55 Post by Alethan »

tkrexx wrote:Guess I'll stick to the Ranger then, since we have 2 healing-types and only 1 Paladin. Gonna be 2nd lvl and a hp monster, tho.
Hope so! I spek'd out a ranger in ToniXX's game to have very nice HP, but got crap rolls and don't have close to the highest in the group. And then rolled up this MU and maxed out HP for both levels.

So... even the best builds can get bad dice. And even the mealiest builds can luck out with good HP.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by tkrexx »

I'm kinda liking this.
beginning hp ranger w/16con @ 1st level [2d8+4] = 16+4 = 20
Well, level 1 roll was good.
= 3+2 = 5
25 hp at level 2, correct me if I'm wrong.

No luck with the magic item.

edit: No luck also in defeating the 3hd url bug.
Last edited by tkrexx on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#57 Post by Alethan »

tkrexx wrote:I'm kinda liking this.
beginning hp ranger w/16con @ 1st level [2d8+4] = 16+4 = 20
Well, level 1 roll was good.
<a href=http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... id=3355>hp after level 1 ranger w/16con [1d8+2] = 3+2 = 5</a>
25 hp at level 2, correct me if I'm wrong.
Your link is bugged (<a> tags instead of [url] tags?) but yeah, the math looks right.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Norjax »

The unofficial party:

Alethan = Magic User
Argennian = Druid (cleric)
Computer +1 = Cleric
dmw71 = Thief
leebrown1990 = Paladin (fighter)
Norjax = Fighter
Nuke66 = Magic User/Thief
tkrexx = Ranger (fighter)

Let’s see what Computer +1 thinks.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#59 Post by Alethan »

In alphabetical order by user name, I see...

A man after my own heart!

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Norjax »

Alethan wrote:In alphabetical order by user name, I see...

A man after my own heart!
He, he; I try. :)

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”