Chapter 7: I7 - Baltron's Beacon

GreyWolfVT
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 7: I7 - Baltron's Beacon

#41 Post by shaidar »

Weston purchases the charcoal sticks

"Excellent, these will be very handy for quick notes, where getting out quill and ink isn't very practical. Do we have our maps now, we should enquire about the ride. Thank you master Wellhouse, I hope to see you again soon..." he stops for a moment "...oh dear, I just realised. I'll need a small knife for trimming the quills and the charcoal!"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:12 am Weston purchases the charcoal sticks

"Excellent, these will be very handy for quick notes, where getting out quill and ink isn't very practical. Do we have our maps now, we should enquire about the ride. Thank you master Wellhouse, I hope to see you again soon..." he stops for a moment "...oh dear, I just realised. I'll need a small knife for trimming the quills and the charcoal!"
Sigrid chuckles "Not a problem I have some it comes with the trade and i got sick of always having to go to a goods store or find a local smith to get some. They are only 2 silver pieces. Say while you are out and about remember I pay for folks to travel and update maps by all means if you happen to be inclined to do so I'd pay you Weston."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

On the way from the Keep to town and then from the town to meet up with everyone Trist managed to fashion some headlamps of a sort. These have continual light cast on a copper piece and then attached to the headband fabric with a small piece of metal attached with a cover that the continual light copper piece is slightly recessed into and secured. A flap that is has a firm swivel to it can be manually raised and stays open or can be lowered to prevent any light as needed.

Trist fashioned 10 of these and hands them out to the others, "I've created some head lamps for us using continual light copper coins. Give them a try if you'd like. I have 3 extras should we need them as we get going for anyone that needs one later on."

Trist hands the to the others.

Trist went on a shopping spree herself and picked up some items and explains to the others just so the party knows her inventory in case they need some of it.
2 Sealing/candle wax (per lb.) 2 gp 2 lbs.
1 Silk rope 50 ft 10 gp
1 Writing ink (per vial) 8 gp
5 Chalk 5 cp
1 Bell 1 gp
5 Paper (per sheet) 10 gp
5vPapyrus (per sheet) 4 gp
5 Parchment (per sheet) 5 gp
1 Shortsword 10 gp
1 Morning Star 10 gp

Total cost 60 gp 5 cp

Trist refreshed her armor spell and swapped her spells around.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by shaidar »

Weston hands over two electrum pieces

"There you go. I'm going to need a scroll case for the map as well, so that's 10 silver. I will do my best to update the maps as I can and will return next time I am in town."

Cwreando wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:32 am Trist
Trist fashioned 10 of these and hands them out to the others, "I've created some head lamps for us using continual light copper coins. Give them a try if you'd like. I have 3 extras should we need them as we get going for anyone that needs one later on."
"Thank you Trist, that is most ingenious!"

Inventory updated

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Kravoud

Trist these are truly ingenious. Thank you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Great idea, very useful. Thanks."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by gurusql »

Del

"Thank you!"

Inventory Updated

GreyWolfVT

#48 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sigrid smiles at Weston's answer. "Splendid! Here you will need this. I shows that you work for me and in turn the Guild of Cartographers." he hands Weston a sigil patch.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by shaidar »

Weston takes the patch

"Thank you, are there any perks to working for the guild."

Before we leave town we will sew it to the front of his cloak. He will buy a small sewing kit if needed.

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sigrid explains "Well it does earn you a free night and meal at any inn as you travel, some merchants give you a discount on supplies. Some wagons give a discount for travel costs. Usually you are allowed into places that are typically not open to everyone. I think that is about it."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by shaidar »

Weston

"Thank you master Wellhouse, that is useful to know."

He wonders if his clerical leaders will have an issue with his new hobby, but it's not like this will overtake his devotion to Lord Azuth, and his symbol of Azuth still has pride of place, stitched to his tunic over his heart.
Last edited by shaidar on Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist sheet is updated.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Rex »

Egon

All set to go.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by gurusql »

Del

"Yes, let's go"

GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Meanwhile elsewhere in Penhaligon.... Reywald Galdlinolin the 4th is doing his morning well whatever he does in the mornings and has a most unusual experience with a crow and a random scroll being plopped on his head. That abnormal mocking laughing crow. He finds himself wondering about that crow perhaps it is another wizard's familiar just maybe, that is what it was. Reywald finds himself wondering more about this location that he doesn't recall hearing about before and decides to seek out some locals that might have this knowledge or information so he seeks out the local cartographer Sigrid Wellhouse.

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#56 Post by tristenc »

Ugh! Rude! the scrawny Elf chides the cackling crow. When I finally summon my own familiar it will be far more well behaved... carrion eater. He mutters as the bird flies away. Fixing his hair and picking through it to make sure nothing aside from the scroll landed in it, he finally regards the parchment. Turning it over in his hands and his agile mind, he decides that easiest would be to consult an expert. Walking back and forth repeatedly or returning to his current residence would be inefficient, should the destination prove to be of immediate significance; so with hardly a sigh of resignation at all he takes up his pack.

Shifting his shoulders under the uncomfortable weight of even his lightly burdened baggage, the wheels in his head continue turning as to the mysterious missive as he makes his march to the mapmaker.

GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

And Now... as the group makes their final purchases and readies to leave a fellow enters the shop, gray elf by the looks of it, dressed in fine robes and looking a bit mage like.

Likewise Reywald sees quite the motley crew hanging around the shop a couple of dwarves, a few elves and a solo human not counting the shopkeeper himself who is also human.

Sigrid the shopkeeper greets the new comer "Greetings friend. How might I be of service to you sir?" he says with a genuine smile on his face.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Rex »

Egon

Egon looks him over carefully.

Anything worth noting? Maybe the similar scroll to his?

GreyWolfVT

#59 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:38 pm Egon

Egon looks him over carefully.

Anything worth noting? Maybe the similar scroll to his?
he appears to be holding something rolled up it is about the right size as to match the scrolls everyone else had dropped on them.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Hello there, may I inquire as to what you have there in your hand? It looks very familiar to me."

Return to “GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures (2e)”