The Tomb of the Lizard King

hedgeknight
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Tomb of the Lizard King

#41 Post by Rex »

Fahima

Fahima runs for the open doors behind her as fast as she can.

If needed for anything:

If needed [1d10]=6 [1d20]=12 [1d20]=12

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by gurusql »

Zan

Zan opens the box and pulls out the egg and vial (leaving the box and scroll on the ground.) He pours the contents of the vial on the egg and throws it in the direction that the halfling is facing (e.g. at the dragon). After the toss he will head up the stairs grabbing the box if able.

Throwing Egg
ThrowEgg.png
ThrowEgg.png (21.86 KiB) Viewed 1661 times

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by hedgeknight »

gurusql wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:16 am Zan

Zan opens the box and pulls out the egg and vial (leaving the box and scroll on the ground.) He pours the contents of the vial on the egg and throws it in the direction that the halfling is facing (e.g. at the dragon). After the toss he will head up the stairs grabbing the box if able.

:shock: :shock: :o :o :shock: :shock:
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by Darklin2 »

Sai

Damn it. I thought Fahima came back through. Alright we can't leave her here. Alright I am going to cast a spell that takes a few minutes. Then I am going to head back and see what is going on.

He moves to the side and cast strength.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cassius

He turns to make sure everyone is through and takes his eyes off Zan for a split second. When his attention is back on Zan he sees what is happening too late to stop it. "Uh, Zan? Isn't that a dragon egg? Did we just double the danger?"

"Fahima! She's still there? Dammit." He takes a deep breath and sighs. "Ok. I'm going back. He should be distracted right? Maybe the egg will help."

Cassius cautiously moves back down and close enough to assess the situation in the great room, without exposing himself or wading through acid.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

Fahima

She was trying to distract the dragon and is now trying to get out on her own.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by hedgeknight »

Greyhawk, 586 CY, Readying 20, Early Evening
Hard Boiled

Scrambling for her life, Fahima runs for the open doors. Aulicus roaring behind her spurs her feet to move faster than she can remember. Ducking through the double doors, she finds herself in a wide hallway with another door to her left. Desperate to get away from the dragon, which is trying to pursue her, she heads down the wide corridor for a few feet, leaning against the wall and out of sight of the main chamber. No one is in the hallway but her...

Out in the hall...
Zan decides to take matters into his own hand...literally! The normally quiet Elf opens the box and pulls out the egg and the vial. He drops the box and its scroll on the floor and uncorks the vial.
"What are you doing?" Vilana asks incredulously.
Ignoring her, Zan uncorks the vial with his teeth and steps to the melted doorway. He pours the contents of the vial on the egg and then tosses the egg into the large chamber!

"Uh, Zan? Isn't that a dragon egg? Did we just double the danger?"
Cassius asks, then the realization of Fahima hits him.
"Fahima! She's still there? Dammit." He takes a deep breath and sighs. "Ok. I'm going back. He should be distracted right? Maybe the egg will help."
"I'm going with you," Vilana says. "Roan, you coming?"

Damn it. I thought Fahima came back through, Sai says. Alright we can't leave her here. Alright I am going to cast a spell that takes a few minutes. Then I am going to head back and see what is going on.
As Sai steps over to the side to cast his spell, something begins to happen in the room.

Anyone watching (Cassius? Vilana? Roan?) sees the egg bounce a few times on the floor and roll toward the great dragon, Aulicus. The wyrm snarls at it...and then the egg begins to crack open...and the creature within emerges and grows! And grows some more, until it is about 12 feet long!

Greater Basilisk.jpg
Greater Basilisk.jpg (159.13 KiB) Viewed 1635 times

It's eyes glow a brilliant sea blue color and seeing the creature fully, Aulicus hisses and the room goes pitch black!
There are screams, there are hissing sounds and crackling sounds...not unlike that of small stones sliding down a mountain side. After about a minute...there is nothing but quiet in the large chamber...and all you can see is the glow from the eyes of the hatched creature.

Actions!

PC Stats:
Cassius - AC -1/3, HP 37/39
Fahima - AC 4/8, HP 18/21
Roan - AC 5/6, HP 27/36
Sai - AC -2/4, HP 27/30
Zan - AC 9, HP 11/11 (Shield in effect)
Vilana - AC 7/9, HP 11/11, THACO 20/19

Men & Monsters:
Aulicus - down 44 hp
Lizard Men - AC 5, HP 15

Rolls:
Attachments
Side Hallway.jpg
Side Hallway.jpg (232.48 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rex »

Fahima

Fahima stays still and remains silent, trying to hear what is going on.

Move Silently 50%
Hide in Shadows 50%
Detect Noise 50%

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by hedgeknight »

Rex wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:13 pm Fahima stays still and remains silent, trying to hear what is going on.

Move Silently 50%
Hide in Shadows 50%
Detect Noise 50%
Barely breathing, Fahima hears the main chamber go quiet for the most part.
Less than a minute later, she hears voices off to her left, down the wide corridor.

"Where in the name of all that is unholy did that basilisk come from?" a voice asks, clearly agitated.
"Couldn't say...but it made things interesting?" another voice answers, deeper, and raspy.
"We have to get to Sakatha...find out if he still lives," the first voice says. "I doubt the men of Eor could subdue him, but miracles do happen."

Footsteps.
Coming closer to Fahima's position.
What will she do?
Winter is coming...

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roan who started saying that they should leave leaves after seeing the strange new creature hatch from the egg. "What in tha....hells is that?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by gurusql »

Zan

After the toss he will head up the stairs grabbing the box if able.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rex »

Fahima

Fahima will try and find a hiding spot.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by Darklin2 »

Sai

Finishes his spell of Strength. [1d8]=8 Strength Sweet! 18(00) +3 / +6 Good for 3 hours.

Sai's chainmail starts to bulk up and his frame stretches to show powerful muscles growing as anyone watches.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cassius

"Now what?!" He hisses in the quiet. "My guess is that thing can see in the dark, so we need some light. Can anyone dispel that darkness?"

He seconds Roan's inquiry. "No idea. Sai? I don't like the quiet. What happened to the dragon?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by hedgeknight »

Vilana watches Zan head up the stairs and then turns back to the others. "I'm going to take a peek."
Before she can be stopped, she eases up to the melted doors and peers inside. "Oh my..." she whispers.
"The creature...seems to be eating something. No sign of Aulicus, although I don't recall that huge stone fixture in the room before. No signs of anyone else."
Those standing nearby can hear the crunching and breaking of stone coming from inside the large chamber.
"I don't see Fahima either. Wonder what happened to her?"
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by Darklin2 »

Sai

Will try to use his infravision to scope the room. Heat sources.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by hedgeknight »

Darklin2 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:16 pm Sai will try to use his infravision to scope the room. Heat sources.
He can easily “see” the huge basilisk…not sure if he knows what it is though. ;)
No other heat sources in the room.
Winter is coming...

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cassius

"Weren't there more doors out of that hall? Maybe the wizard and Fahima left that way." He continues "The biggest issue is that thing that came from the egg. It's clearly hostile, maybe we can distract it."

"Where were the other exits? I can run to one and try to avoid that thing. Or if anyone can sneak around, that could work."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by hedgeknight »

Greyhawk, 586 CY, Readying 20, Evening
Between a Rock and a Hard Place

While Fahima's fate is unknown, Sai takes a peek inside the large chamber and sees the huge creature gnawing on some type of black stone.

"Weren't there more doors out of that hall? Maybe the wizard and Fahima left that way." Cassius says, thinking out loud. "The biggest issue is that thing that came from the egg. It's clearly hostile, maybe we can distract it."
Vilana says, "Whatever the hell it is...I think it...somehow neutralized Aulicus."

"Where were the other exits? I can run to one and try to avoid that thing. Or if anyone can sneak around, that could work." Cassius continues.
"I think I saw a door in the distance at the end of the room...and maybe one on the right. Vilana looks around and says to Roan, "You coming with us?"

Back outside...
Zan emerges alone from the steps behind the stone altar in the courtyard. Darkness is approaching quickly. The air is cold and damp with another promise of rain. In the distance, somewhere in the swamp, his keen Elven ears pick up the sounds of what resembles drums.

Actions?

PC Stats:
Cassius - AC -1/3, HP 37/39
Fahima - AC 4/8, HP 18/21
Roan - AC 5/6, HP 27/36
Sai - AC -2/4, HP 27/30
Zan - AC 9, HP 11/11 (Shield in effect)
Vilana - AC 7/9, HP 11/11, THACO 20/19
Winter is coming...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by hedgeknight »

hedgeknight wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:04 pm
"Where were the other exits? I can run to one and try to avoid that thing. Or if anyone can sneak around, that could work." Cassius continues.
"I think I saw a door in the distance at the end of the room...and maybe one on the right. Vilana looks around and says to Roan, "You coming with us?"
Before the Dwarf can answer, Fahima suddenly appears from around the edge of the melted doorway. She's out of breath and sweat dots her forehead...but she's alive!
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2e)”