OOC - The Place to Let It All Out!

hedgeknight
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC - The Place to Let It All Out!

#41 Post by hedgeknight »

As for all the rules questions, I'm loving the discussions.
After the opening adventure, which shouldn't take too long, we can take stock of the rules for a better understanding.
There is a lot of history for the Isle of Kortos...a lot. I forget Absalom is on the isle, which is similar to the Free City of Greyhawk and Waterdeep (in the Realms). Lot of lore around that city and beyond in the wilderness.
I'm focusing on a small lumber town, Otari, and the happenings in and around it.
Please don't look it up, but the adventure is Menace Under Otari. It's going to be a lot of fun!
Winter is coming...
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

hedgeknight wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:57 pm As for all the rules questions, I'm loving the discussions.
After the opening adventure, which shouldn't take too long, we can take stock of the rules for a better understanding.
There is a lot of history for the Isle of Kortos...a lot. I forget Absalom is on the isle, which is similar to the Free City of Greyhawk and Waterdeep (in the Realms). Lot of lore around that city and beyond in the wilderness.
I'm focusing on a small lumber town, Otari, and the happenings in and around it.
Please don't look it up, but the adventure is Menace Under Otari. It's going to be a lot of fun!
Isn't that the adventure in the beginner box set? If so I have run through about half of it but will not reveal anything I know. I didn't read ahead in it as we played it as a family game night and I was both a player and GM. So I just read the information to the point we were at.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rex »

It says your score is equal to 10+2xboost. So a Con 2 = 10 + 2x2 = 14. So I would assume a Con drain would be against the 14. The weird thing is it also means odd scores are no longer possible.

Discussion has been good for sure. So far I am liking the setting a lot. Can't say on the rules until I have seen it in play but at this point seems 5eish to me.
Tell
Guide
Guide

#44 Post by Tell »

So I had planned to do a human psychic but I'm overloaded with information. So I'm going simpler - what classes do we have so far?

- Human Cleric
- Dwarf Rogue
- Goblin Ranger
- Gnome something or other
- Dwarf Swashbuckler
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Computer +1 »

hedgeknight wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:57 pm Please don't look it up, but the adventure is Menace Under Otari. It's going to be a lot of fun!
I looked up everything. I know everything.
I have found all the hidden treasure. All your bases are belong to us.

just kidding, I'm too lazy to look anything up.
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by Belkregos »

what do we want to do for character sheets? do we do the full write up in the characters section or is there an easier way?
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by Belkregos »

Belkregos wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:46 am what do we want to do for character sheets? do we do the full write up in the characters section or is there an easier way?
i see we can export the pdf or share a link of the character from the pathbuilder
on the upper left corner there is a drop down menu then export

can we use that?
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
GreyWolfVT

#48 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Belkregos wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:12 am
Belkregos wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:46 am what do we want to do for character sheets? do we do the full write up in the characters section or is there an easier way?
i see we can export the pdf or share a link of the character from the pathbuilder
on the upper left corner there is a drop down menu then export

can we use that?
I used the export pdf and just attached it for Gary to look at.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by ateno »

I did some more reading., Gnome Investigator.

I am a long time rpger, I am only partially familiar with Gorlain.

I am unfamiliar with this way of making characters, and say the previous sites, thanks.

I need some time outside of work and home to put him together.

If anyone has suggestions, let me know, I'm not proud. :)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Rex »

I am in the same boat Ateno, I just got lucky and had some free time to put my PC together. I just used the roller sheet and put some info under notes. That will be the easiest way to keep track of them for me at least.
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by Belkregos »

yea, were all on the same boat, none of us have played PF2e so no worries

i change my character choice a bit, still a ranger but will opt for human (somewhat of a primal human, used the half orc heritage) with a raptor for an animal companion
working on the story background but took the primal cartoon for inspiration

Gurkan and Tusk
Human ranger with raptor animal companion
Attachments
primal_04.jpg
primal_04.jpg (102.45 KiB) Viewed 474 times
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rex »

Very cool.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by hedgeknight »

Belkregos wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:57 pm yea, were all on the same boat, none of us have played PF2e so no worries

i change my character choice a bit, still a ranger but will opt for human (somewhat of a primal human, used the half orc heritage) with a raptor for an animal companion
Might be a difficult adjustment being in a city or town. Not a lot of common folk trust for a pet raptor ;)
Folks, you need to consider where you are coming from, or if you are in Otari as a long-time resident. No need to go "off the rails" > remember what I said last week: "Keep it simple."
Please. :)
Winter is coming...
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rex »

Is this enough detail or should I add some more?

Born in the city of Katheer to merchant parents she traveled much as a child and choose to join the church of Sarerae at the age of 14. She is just recently been ordained as an acolyte. Used to traveling and being on the move she has decided to become a mendicant cleric. She is recently arrived in Otari via a trading vessel.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by hedgeknight »

Computer +1 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:49 pm I looked up everything. I know everything.
I have found all the hidden treasure. All your bases are belong to us.
:lol: :lol:
ateno wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:02 pm I did some more reading., Gnome Investigator.
I am a long time rpger, I am only partially familiar with Gorlain.
I am unfamiliar with this way of making characters, and say the previous sites, thanks.
I need some time outside of work and home to put him together.
If anyone has suggestions, let me know, I'm not proud. :)
Cool! I sent you a post in your private forum ;)
Belkregos and Rex can help with the character making. I can add some flavor or ideas; depending on which route you wish to go. Lots of options for an investigator. ;)
Rex wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:39 pm Is this enough detail or should I add some more?
Born in the city of Katheer to merchant parents she traveled much as a child and choose to join the church of Sarerae at the age of 14. She is just recently been ordained as an acolyte. Used to traveling and being on the move she has decided to become a mendicant cleric. She is recently arrived in Otari via a trading vessel.
Sounds good to me. ;)
Winter is coming...
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by hedgeknight »

One more thing, we lost Tell as a player.
Real life issues and can't commit at this time.
Leaves five players, which is perfect. That way, if I need to play an NPC, it won't overwhelm the game.
Onward!
Winter is coming...
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:37 pm
Belkregos wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:57 pm yea, were all on the same boat, none of us have played PF2e so no worries

Might be a difficult adjustment being in a city or town. Not a lot of common folk trust for a pet raptor ;)
Folks, you need to consider where you are coming from, or if you are in Otari as a long-time resident. No need to go "off the rails" > remember what I said last week: "Keep it simple."
Please. :)
no worries, there's a lot of good options, i'll keep tinkering with the character a bit more and let you guys know 8-)
GreyWolfVT

#58 Post by GreyWolfVT »

keep it simple you mean like a gnome alchemist bombmaker that rides on the back of a giant, and usually is invisible? That's simple right? :lol:

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by hedgeknight »

Um....sure. :?
Winter is coming...
GreyWolfVT

#60 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gary, that was me simply being sarcastic trying to also be funny. That is almost exactly a character a former co-worker told me he played though it was not a gnome. Though his story was far more elaborate I think he said he played a Xvart Cleric, that worshiped themselves. They were invisible and had a ring of command or something similar that they placed on the party Minotaur's horn and took control of, making that their mount essentially. The Xvart rained down all sorts of divine spells twarting their foes and what he did not take down the minotaur fought in melee for them.

My example was in no means "simple" imo.

I wouldn't want to be an alchemist that makes mostly alchemist fire and throws it at people from the shoulder of a giant. But boy oh boy that would be a sight to see.

Return to “Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion (Pathfinder 2e)”