What would YOU like to play or run? (Interest Catch-all)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: What would YOU like to play or run? (Interest Catch-all)

#41 Post by Cwreando »

Thanks for catching the email issue.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
Fenris-77
Squire
Squire

#42 Post by Fenris-77 »

Do we have any Torchbearer players or GMs in the house?
RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#43 Post by RiverGreenForest »

I'm really enjoying my current game. But in the future I want to play OSRIC, Labyrinth Lord, Basic Fantasy RPG, and Pathfinder 1e (if I can not feel so overwhelmed with making a character).
Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#44 Post by Squid »

I'd like to try out Mutant: Year Zero or Forbidden Lands at some point. It would be interesting to see how a sandbox game plays in PBP. Mutant: Year Zero has a really interesting mechanic for managing the players home base, the Ark, which could be used to drive the adventures.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Eris »

Leitz wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:55 pm There's a lot of Traveller material for the 3rd Imperium setting. That's why I don't use it; way too much to read up on and there are always players who know more than me and foil my diabolical...err...

I used to have a small village (roughly based on Hommlet) that I ran games in, and a rough idea of what was "out there". Used the same village for ten years, with eleven different game systems, and later groups were impacted by what earlier groups had done.

My DM style is to set the world(s) in motion, make bad things happen, and then give the players the chance to be heroic. How they do it is up to them, and I try to let them get creative.
As to Traveller, I agree that trying to run something strictly in the 3rd Imperium can be a PITA, but you see Traveller's OTU had a distant and mostly un-involved Imperium that you could mostly ignore. IMO, Traveller, at it's best, is set in a sub-sector (or three) the Ref generates (or pulls from somewhere) and populates mostly on his (and his players) own...mostly as they go.

What I do is: Here's a High Tech world, there's a High Pop world, these worlds are in a cluster, or a main...put a two or three system pocket empire there, have it opposed by one over here, lots of independent worlds scattered around all with different cultures. Some low tech worlds so you can use a sword from time to time. NGO's (or GO's) that have multi-world influence, but mostly in the background. An alien specie or two to discover when the PC's go exploring. A mysterious ancient's site or two. A strange area of space that does something (traps ships, transports them to distant areas) maybe something weird on a planet that does something so high tech it's magic! As impossible as they would really be, Space Pirates! Stupid, simple, trade rules that don't make real sense. Computers you measure in tons and you don't have to explain why. The names of the systems might be the same and some of the UWP's might match those in Canon Traveller, Jump and Maneuver are the same, but just about nothing else is. Heck, now that it's available, I'm mostly using Cepheus for "rules" so that's not even Canon Traveller.

IOW, Traveller is best when the Ref and players make it their own universe...IMO.

ps. works the same in D&D whether it's based on FR, Grayhawk, or...um Tal'Dorei. :) Yes, I agree with your style of play as outlined in your third paragraph.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by ybn1197 »

Any interest in a homebrew DnD 5e campaign? We would start in a small part of my campaign world in a sandbox situation. Start at 1st lvl.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rex »

I might be interested, do you have any more details?
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by ybn1197 »

Rex wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:34 pm I might be interested, do you have any more details?
Its a little bit like Midgard from Kobold Press in that the tone is a little darker. I also use material from Nightfell by Mana Project Studio and The Dreaded Accursed by Nord Games. The boundary between the Prime Material Plane and the Negative Material Plane is thin on this world. There is a lot of undead and dark magics in the world. That is NOT to say everything revolves around the undead in the campaign. It is just more prevalent. Everything else DnD'ish is there as well. The world is just awakening from a dark age where the undead where more bountiful; the living have pressed the undead back into their own kingdom and are now setting out to reclaim their own lands for themselves. So what we have are "islands of civilization" in an "ocean of wild lands." The players will begin as simple adventurers who all originate from the Kingdom of Kerthage (about 1/4 the size of England). All the basic races from the PHB are available. Additional races available after consideration. I'm working on a Player's Guide/House Rules book but I need to go over it to make sure its all SRD friendly before I post it.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Rex »

Sounds interesting, I would be willing to give it a shot.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by tibbius »

Let's plunder an abandoned temple!

Test the metal of your reavers in the buried ziggurat of the long-gone god emperor Mag.

The priests died of a curse, long ago. It's said a terrifying venomous bear lairs here, guarding an ancient weapon named Kyronax Death-of-Songs. The interior is chill and very dark.

The Blue Librarian told King Magog of the weapon Kyronax. The king wants it. Help them get it!
ReaversMagog-page072.png
ReaversMagog-page072.png (130.06 KiB) Viewed 774 times
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by tibbius »

I play SKORNE the devil prince, its demonic minions, and their armies. You play desperate renegades, battling the darkness that reigns. Overthrow the evil Tyrants. Free chained captives. Fight to the last.

https://dreamingdragonslayer.itch.io/skorne <- rules are free. Old-school feel.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Bowlegged_Dice
Runner
Runner

#52 Post by Bowlegged_Dice »

I am interested in running an OSE or Forbidden Lands game. Is there any interest in either one?
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by ybn1197 »

Bowlegged_Dice wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:39 am I am interested in running an OSE or Forbidden Lands game. Is there any interest in either one?
I'd be interested in playing OSE.
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Quonundrum »

Bowlegged_Dice wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:39 am I am interested in running an OSE or Forbidden Lands game. Is there any interest in either one?
What kind of game? Scenario or sandbox? Looks like FL strongly leans towards the latter? Do you have a preference on posting rate?
Bowlegged_Dice
Runner
Runner

#55 Post by Bowlegged_Dice »

I have in mind both Stonehell Dungeon or a Dragonsfoot module in mind with OSE. I can set either one into an already published setting yet to be determined with a village as a base of operations (esp. if players want to take a break from dungeoneering).

With OSE I would be using the Basic rules and not the Advanced.

Posting rate, let’s strive for at least one a week. I check my mail everyday and can respond quickly. I understand completely that others have real lives and/or are involved in other games. If anyone has other questions, please just ask.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by tibbius »

Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by tibbius »

Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Bowlegged_Dice
Runner
Runner

#58 Post by Bowlegged_Dice »

Two questions…

Probably a dumb question but has anyone done B2 Keep on the Borderlands with Old School Essentials? I am thinking about running this with Basic OSE with extra classes from “Class Catalog for Old School Essentials, BX Ascending & Labyrinth Lord.” I would also change some things within the module itself to keep everyone on their toes.

Second question, is there any interest in such a game?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rex »

I would be interested.
Bowlegged_Dice
Runner
Runner

#60 Post by Bowlegged_Dice »

I have both Runequest II and Runequest: Glorantha yet I do not see this game played on this site. Is there s reason for this? This is another game I would like to run.

Return to “Looking for players or games”