Chapter I: Volokarnos

Lance
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter I: Volokarnos

#41 Post by ffilz »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:41 pm As far as I can see, everyone wants the rear-guard role...
...How about:
  • Dwarves (Harlan, Weezel)
  • Elves (Nym, Finethorn)
  • Locksman (Rooney), Magician (Eronin)
  • Hobbit Trinketsman (Fairfax), Baggage Carrier (Adras)
  • Cleric (Hondo) and Fighter (Burkus)
Hondo is happy to be closer to the front if someone prefers to be a rear guard. But if we need rear guard, Hondo is fine with that.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Spearmint »

Rooney

I can swap with Hondo. It might give me some opportunity to sneak into shadows and gain backstab advantages. Other than that I am fine.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Zhym »

Burkus has no qualms about stepping to the front when battle is imminent. But a room with no obvious enemies? That sounds like something that needs careful examination, not brute force.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Rex »

Nym

Nym is fine anywhere in the order.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by ffilz »

Rex wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:14 am Nym

Nym is fine anywhere in the order.
Let's swap Nym and Hondo then.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

Nym

Sounds good.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by Lance »

As the light source reveals the next room, you have a better understanding of the space. This being much more like a room than the previous half-carved cave.
Arched ceiling, walls decorated with marble bas-reliefs, obvious signs of a once civilized space, now inhabited only by the roaches, millipedes and other creepy-crawlies running away as you make your presence known.
In the centre, dominating the room, stands a rectangular, pointed obelisk with a symbol of some bladed weapon carved into its side. Beyond it, and to it's left, two of the now familiar bronze doors hide further secrets.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Lance wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:31 am ...In the centre... stands a rectangular, pointed obelisk with a symbol of some bladed weapon carved into its side....
Is that the symbol of Haldor? says Finethorn, peering slightly.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Bluetongue »

Fairfax

Steps on a few squishy, crunchy, wriggly-wriggly critter bodies as he walks around the obelisk. He lets the more observant check out the stone feature and the doors.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Rex »

Nym

Nym searches the room for any secret doors/compartments.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Spearmint »

Rooney

Tests the south door, pulling it open if it is not locked. "One, two, three ..." he counts before pulling, "Charge in and surprise them." he says to the warriors behind him expecting some Orcs or monster in the next room.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by Lance »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:23 pm Is that the symbol of Haldor? says Finethorn, peering slightly.
Upon closer observation, it seems to be closer to a dagger than a sword, though it is somewhat crude.
Bluetongue wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:56 pm Fairfax

Steps on a few squishy, crunchy, wriggly-wriggly critter bodies as he walks around the obelisk. He lets the more observant check out the stone feature and the doors.
Most of the critters escape Fairfax's wrath, though he manages to kick up the dust covering the room.
Spearmint wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:15 pm Rooney

Tests the south door, pulling it open if it is not locked.
There is no south door on the map. Which door did you mean?

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#53 Post by Lance »

Rex wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:17 pm Nym

Nym searches the room for any secret doors/compartments.
Looking around the room, you notice that 3 of the 4 walls have a door. Using your keen elven senses, you manage to find an outline on the southern wall: the fourth door.

Nym detects hidden doors: [1d6]=3

doppelganger
Guide
Guide

#54 Post by doppelganger »

Weezel

A fine discovery Weezel says to Nym. He walks over to the southern wall and looks around for some kind of mechanism to open the door -- a hidden latch or handhold?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Spearmint »

Rooney

sorry had my mobile phone rotated. When I said southern door I would have meant the eastern one opposite where we came in.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Rex »

Nym

"Found something."

She will try and figure out how to open it.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Lance »

Spearmint wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:15 pm Rooney

Tests the south door, pulling it open if it is not locked. "One, two, three ..." he counts before pulling, "Charge in and surprise them." he says to the warriors behind him expecting some Orcs or monster in the next room.
Sadly, while the door rattles on it's hinges, it is in fact locked.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Urson »

Basalt
Basalt gives one last suspicious look at the entry corridor, then moves into the room. He takes a long, careful look at the obelisk- specifically looking to see if it can be moved or turned.
IF NOT, he'll join Nym at the secret door and help look for the mechanism that opens it. He carefully avoids touching her.
FA FO

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by Bluetongue »

Fairfax

What is the dagger a symbol of? Any relevance to a hero or ancient warrior? Daggers not a usual weapon of choice, except for rogue types. He lines his own dagger up with it, pressing it against the stone impression? "Maybe it opens a secret niche here or imbues s blessing in his blade?" he says.

Then he checks the unchecked north door. Opening that if it is not locked.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Zhym »

Burkus gives the obelisk a skeptical look. "See, that's the problem. You never know if something like that is a trap, a clever puzzle, or just, y'know, someone's idea of art. At least when you open up a door and see a room full of orcs, you know what you're dealing with."

"Not that I want to face a room full of orcs," he adds quickly.

Return to “Exploring Erillion (LL)”