A Hunting They Will Go > Spring 1358 DR

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: A Hunting They Will Go > Spring 1358 DR

#261 Post by hedgeknight »

tazwmg wrote:Thurgrum will cast a clw on himself, greystone and lysander
CLW for Thurgrum, Greystone & Lysander (1d8+3=4, 1d8+3=7, 1d8+3=11)

Stat Update:
Darkstar > 15/19
Greystone > 21/21
Lysander > 19/19
Purvan > 13/16
Thaleese > down 3
Thurgrum > 14/19
Min > down 8
Tohmal > down 4
Winter is coming...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by Argennian »

Purvan does his best to sleep through the night but the nightmares from their recent encounter are just too vivid and menacing to allow him to relax and put it out of his mind, even for a short time. Every little noise or movement had him starting awake during the night, to make sure that Thaleese was still there and also that the demon wasn't there to destroy them and consume their souls.

The young half-elf awakens in the pre-dawn, finding his hand sore and cramping from unconsciously gripping the hilt of his sword. He decides to remain awake and watches Thaleese sleep as he awaits the coming dawn. He thinks back to that wonderful, magical evening they spent together in his tent after the festival with Greystone's tribe. It is hard for him to think about, more so for the fact that this business of evil they are now embroiled in could take either one or both of them at any time to come. He remembers his training and his oath to Elder Reader Salyndra Shaern, and realizes that he cannot simply talk young Thaleese into leaving with him and abandoning their collective mission. It is a heavy weight and burden of uncertainty that the young investigator has never been forced to bear before. He does not like it all.
hedgeknight wrote:After a cold breakfast of dried meat and some cheese, you return to the glade. In the morning light, it doesn't look so bad...from a distance. But up close, you see how the evil energies from the archway withered the beautiful trees that have stood here for centuries, scorched the grasses and plants all around, and then there's the ancient oak and the dessicated body of its guardian.
Purvan shares that look of anticipation and uncertainty with the others as they all consume a quick breakfast and prepare to move out. After gathering and stowing his gear, he nods to Greystone and Darkstar, as well as Lysander and Thurgrum, to acknowledge to them that he's alright, at least on the surface, and is still in the game. When they arrive back at the stone archway, the half-elf's hairs on his arms and the back of his neck stand up. He keeps his bow and a readied arrow to hand as he looks about the glade for any sign of the demon that got away...
hedgeknight wrote:"So...how do you propose we destroy the archway?" Min says, her jaw locked in grief and anger. "I've a mind to hurt something, to make someone pay for all of this!"
"I know not but perhaps we should start with the black robed ones that are at your camp? If one of them could be taken prisoner, perhaps they would have this knowledge?" Purvan opines looking first at Min and then back over to the paladin. "Lysander, is it possible that the demon that got away might be with them now? Is there anything we can do to better combat them when next we meet? Our arrows and blades seemed sorely lacking in potency..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tazwmg
Scout
Scout

#263 Post by tazwmg »

Thurgrum thinks for a bit, "the black robes at the camp sound good, but will we have to fight the elves there also? Didn't you say the black elves have some kinda control over them?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#264 Post by Alethan »

"If they are already at the Owl camp, then we need to move quickly and intercede," Greystone says, quite forcefully. "Maybe Tohmal and the rest of the Owls here could enter the camp, pretending to still be under the control of the dark robes, then try and lure them out of the camp? Say something has happened at the portal that prevented the summoning or some such thing. Once the dark robes are clear of the Owl camp, we can attack them."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by hedgeknight »

Tohmal nods. "That idea may work...assuming the black robed leader believes me. Still, he might need some proof."

After discussing this idea for awhile, the morning wanes on and a few hours after sunrise, one of the elves on watch calls out a warning! You turn to see the elf stand and fire two arrows into the forest...and you think you hear something dive for cover.
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#266 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar jumps up and moves to flank the area he heard the noise from. He moves quickly, nocking an arrow as he goes.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#267 Post by Dogma »

Lysander's sword rings as he draws it from its scabbard. Hefting his shield he stands his ground, waiting to see what might come forth from the forrest.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Argennian »

Purvan keeps his bow and readied arrow to hand and gets ready to shoot whatever pops out and tries to kill them.

"I'm hoping it's not that demon or any other minions of the abyss!"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#269 Post by Dogma »

Argennian wrote:Purvan keeps his bow and readied arrow to hand and gets ready to shoot whatever pops out and tries to kill them.

"I'm hoping it's not that demon or any other minions of the abyss!"
"If it is, then by the grace of the gods we will send it back to the hell that spawned it!"

tazwmg
Scout
Scout

#270 Post by tazwmg »

Thurgrum pulls his hammer out and is ready

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#271 Post by hedgeknight »

As your group prepares to battle whatever new foe has been sighted, a man's voice yells out, We are no demons, we mean you no harm.

A few seconds pass and then a figure stands up out of the underbrush, hands raised in a gesture of non violence. From a distance, the figure looks a little odd seeing as he is wearing a gawdy coat lined with thick fur.
My companion and I were coming to investigate a stone archway. His companions were slaughtered by a black robed mage and we seek his purpose in these wood.

Actions?
And Dalivere the Dashing has finally met the main group!
:mrgreen:
Winter is coming...

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by wolfpack »

I am Dalivere, most refer to me as Dalivere the Dashing of Neverwinter by way of Port Llast.

He says as he brushes off his fantastically spectacular coat.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by hedgeknight »

"Walk forward and keep your hands high," Tohmal says, steel in his hand as three wood elf archers train their bows on the half-elf with the fur coat.
"Are you alone?"

Any of you other fellers out there??
Winter is coming...

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by wolfpack »

I have a somewhat uncommon companion, he is no danger to you so I ask you to keep your heads about you.

Koole sheath your weapon and come on out.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#275 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Oops, sorry.

Greystone keeps an arrow set to his bow string, wondering what kind of creature companion the human keeps... He quickly looks to their flanks to make sure it is not an ambush.

tazwmg
Scout
Scout

#276 Post by tazwmg »

Thurgrum keeps his hammer out. he is not that trusting. :)

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#277 Post by hedgeknight »

Stepping out of the undergrowth near the half-elf is a Goblin. The Goblin has a sword in one hand and a long dagger in the other.
"These friends of yers?" the Goblin says to the half-elf in a loud whisper. "They're a bunch of damn elves! Ah! And a dwarf!"
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#278 Post by Alethan »

Greystone immediately aims at the goblin and says, "You dare bring one of those into our woods? Have you suffered a blow to the head, human? Your friend has but a second or two to drop his weapons or he will die with them in his hands."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by wolfpack »

In Elvish

You all need to calm down, he is no threat to you.

in goblinoid

Koole sheath your weapons, we have a common enemy here, the black robes.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by hedgeknight »

Tohmal and Min (and anyone else who speaks or understands the common Goblinoid language > spoken by most Goblin, Hobgoblin, Bugbear, and Orc tribes) understands Dalivere's words. Tohmal says, "Sheathe your weapons and come forward...very slowly."

Kolle complies, even though he is not happy about it, and the Half-Elf and Goblin walk toward the dead glade where the wood elves quickly surround them. The Goblin snarls but inches closer to Dalivere for added protection. Once the duo are within 10 feet of the "front line" Tohmal orders them to halt.

Tohmal looks at his companions, noting particularly that Thurgrum's knuckles are white from gripping his hammer so tightly. He turns back to the duo and says directly to Dalivere, "You mentioned black robes. I know for a fact, they have Goblin spies and workers. Whom do you serve in truth?"
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”