[002] - Out of the Frying Pan

Faanku
eirei
Scout
Scout

Re: [002] - Out of the Frying Pan

#221 Post by eirei »

Hearing sounds of laser bolts flying and matter disintegrating from the corridor, Silas checks the screen for the appropriate camera's feed to check out the situation.

"Well, it's only one soldier... let's hope our friends can handle this."

His eyes nervously dart back and forth between the hallway and the display as he tries to convince himself as well as Benedict.
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#222 Post by Faanku »

Novo Kalichev, Kakimedes, Jodhild System
Tuesday 15-02-3200
21:40

The firefight is on as Romer and Damian engage the guard on their way to the cells, though neither side manages to gain the upper hand.
Round 2.

Code: Select all

Initiative

9 Damian
6 Romer
5 Silas
4 Benedict
1 HF Soldier 
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Marullus »

Damian Stavros (HP: 3/3, AC: 14, Spells: 3/4

"We don't. Have. Time. For this!" says Damian through gritted teeth. He swipes with his hand, the effect coming more pronounced than usual, aimed at the guard's head.

Entropic Void (100m) [1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19 [1d8+2] = 6+2 = 8
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#224 Post by greyarea »

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#225 Post by Faanku »

Tuesday 15-02-3200
21:41

The guard's head disappears at the shoulders with a silent pop, leaving a decidedly gruesome corpse behind. As his blood gushes out of the exposed neck wound, Damian and Romer approach the blood-stained cell containing the sole prisoner, who seems to be in some kind of panicked shock. He backs away from the open door, arms up in a pathetic attempt to ward you away, but seems to realise you aren't part of Humanity First after Damian mention escape. "W-who are you? W-what girl?"
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#226 Post by greyarea »

Romer flashes an award winning smile and says, Relax, kid. We ain't gonna hurt you, so long as you can help us out. We're looking for a girl. Name's Katya Novaro. Word is she was locked up here. Mid-20s. Dark hair. Good with healing folks. Do you have any idea where she might be?
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by Marullus »

After reassuring himself that the guy isn't going to jump Romer, Damian paces the hallway quickly, scanning the other cells for any sign of Katya, or anything missed by the cameras, before he returns to Romer.
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#228 Post by Faanku »

Tuesday 15-02-3200

The man calms down a little, but not much. His eyes widen upon hearing Katya's name. "Y-yeah, she was here. She patched me up after they... they..." He takes a few deep breaths. "She was with the others. N-not long ago, I saw them... they were dragging her... She wasn't smiling any more... that smile, it was reassuring..." His expression becomes panicked. "YOU HAVE TO GET ME OUT OF HERE! They said I'd be safe. They said if I fought back, my wife would... I had to go with them... Help me!" You've seen what a man in shock looks like, and this is it. You may need to calm him down to get more coherent answers from him.

Meanwhile, Damian's cursory scan of the other cells reveals nothing other than some more flecks of blood. No sign of Katya, or anyone else for that matter.
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#229 Post by greyarea »

Romer speaks slowly and reassuringly, Settle down, friend. We may be able to help you but you have to calm down. Deep breaths. Ok? Calm down.
Do you know where they took her?
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#230 Post by Faanku »

Tuesday 15-02-3200

The man does indeed take several deep breaths at Romer's insistence. "T-they take us in twos or threes... draged off, unconscious..." Another few deep breaths. "People don't come back when they're dragged off, not like when they're walked to... THAT room..." He looks you dead in the eye, pleading. "Please, get me out of here! I don't know what else to tell, you!"
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Marullus »

"The rest is clear," Damian tells Romer. He then steps into the cell to help before the shock worsens.

Picking up the blanket off the he bed, he offers to wrap it around the man. "You're okay, I am a doctor. Wrap this around you and keep warm. Walk with us. Here, breathe with me." He steps through the necessary steps to help stop the cyclical decline of shock, ensuring the man can follow, not become a panicky obstacle, and hopefully answer questions helpfully...
Heal [3d6c1+1] = 8+1 = 9

Aside, he says to Romer, "We need to move, to get to the ship. See if he knows how long ago Katya was taken. We may need to question a guard if you want to learn what's going on here..."
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#232 Post by greyarea »

Romer nods, Yes, we should get back to the ship. Wait a second though...

He turns to the man, What room are you talking about? What's THAT room?
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#233 Post by Faanku »

Tuesday 15-02-3200
21:45

Thanks to the doctor's ministrations, the man finally calms down, and gives his name as Mikael. "Thank you. It has not been an easy few days, to say the least." he says as he walks with you, his face registering a mixture of revulsion and relief at the headless body of the HF security guard. "They took me here about 5 days ago, under 'protective custody'. They've been rounding up anyone on the Resister, you see, so I knew my time would come eventually. I expected to be treated as a criminal, but this place exceeded my worst fears." Mikael explains what he has seen here in lurid detail. About a dozen prisoners have passed through since he arrived, all of them listed MES carriers who have been carried off in pairs never to return. He doesn't know where they go, but rebuffs the notion that they've been killed. "If that were the case, I'm sure that Ублюдок would have done it herself." The Ублюдок in question is supposedly one of the senior guards here, who took great joy in "interrogating" prisoners by chaining them to a wall and beating them to within an inch of their lives. "The others hate us, make no mistake there, but that one... I only went to that room once, but I know for a fact she'd have gladly watched me die had the others not kept her in check." He shivers, then goes on to explain how they'd force one of the imprisoned biopsions to heal the damage inflicted.

In the main lobby, Mikael seems reassured upon meeting new saviours. "To answer your question, Kayta was here until a few hours ago. She was the one that patched me up a few days ago, but they took her and another girl away some time before you arrived. Unconscious as usual. The bios seem to get priority over us others, if that's any help."
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by Marullus »

"Good news... Katya's got to be on our ship. You got a plan, Silas?" says Damian as they enter the main lobby. He steps over to glance at the monitors, particularly looking to see what the guard dug out of the boxes in the torture room.

"Oh... This is Mikael," he adds, then turns to the prisoner. "So... You're in the Registry. There's four or more guards between us and freedom. What can you do to help us get there?"
eirei
Scout
Scout

#235 Post by eirei »

Silas nods at the prisoner and pats him on the back reassuringly: "Don't worry, friend, we'll get you out of here yet."

He draws the group's attention to the camera feeds, pointing at the one displaying the contents of the docking bay.

"Far as I can tell, the ship doesn't seem to be particularly guarded. Two guns that I can see. Might be more of them inside. If we can get in there, I can get us out."

He looks at the monitor for a while longer before adding: "There's also the possibility that the ship is somehow locked down... Pilfer, seen anything like that in the logs?"
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by ybn1197 »

"I'm on it," Benedict says as his fingers fly across the keyboard.

Checking logs: Hacking a System: [_3d6+2] = (2+3+5)=10+2 = 12
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#237 Post by Faanku »

Tuesday 15-02-3200
21:45

Benedict's fingers work their magic and affirms that the ship has no specific lockdown measures in place. He also tracks back the feeds and confirms Katya and one other unconscious captive being transferred aboard the Vale around 90 minutes previously. Other than the two soldiers in the docking bay and the two more security guards trapped in the maze of securidoors, there appears to be no other opposition in the facility. The guard that Damian showed interest in seems to be holding a hand to his helmet, and Benedict would be aware of emergency contacts from inside the facility to the main terminal he occupies, as the guards try to figure out what has happened.

In response to Damian, Mikael focuses a little and levitates a mug that was sat behind the main counter where Benedict is working.
"This is about the extent of my abilities, I'm afraid." He explains that his MES grants him telekinetic talents, though they are too weak to be overly effective in a combat scenario.
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#238 Post by greyarea »

Romer nods grimly at what Benedict found. So back to the ship, then? What's the plan?

He checks his gun's sights as he waits for a response: they haven't been so good as of late...
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by Marullus »

Damian nods respectfully at Mikael's revelation, then points to the monitor displaying the bloody torture room. "I am assuming this is THAT place?" he asks, tapping the screen. "Is the one inside the one who tortured you? Are there threats he can bring to bear as we go past the chamber?"

After getting a response, Damian turns to Silas. "Following you. What's the plan? We ready?"
eirei
Scout
Scout

#240 Post by eirei »

Silas shrugs at the scientist: "The plan is... that there's no plan. We go slowly and take the stragglers out one by one. If we get to the hangar unscathed, we'll outnumber them two-to-one."

He smiles wistfully and adds: "...and as my gunner used to say back in the day, 'Ain't no fight like an unfair fight'."

"I say we open the doors and move, before the cavalry arrives."

Someone could feed them some false info through the terminal before we move, make them think we're their backup.

Return to “A Return to Form (SWN:Revised)”