Ch. 4: Hell is for Heroes

Zhym
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 4: Hell is for Heroes

#221 Post by Zhym »

None of you got a good look at the creature (other than Tanner, who is now in no condition to talk about what he saw), so it's hard for you to know how much of an effect the fireball had on it.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran overhears what's occurring and thinks he has a spell to reverse the effect when the coast becomes clear. He continues to watch their perimeter from outside the room.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#223 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

Irritated by the creature who just froginated their fighter, the giant charges in and grabs the grate, attempting to rip it out of the ceiling!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by Zhym »

Scott308 wrote:Risdac Egargi

Irritated by the creature who just froginated their fighter, the giant charges in and grabs the grate, attempting to rip it out of the ceiling!
Please roll to force open a locked door, with a -1 modifier to the roll for the lock being rusty.
Scott308

#225 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

Grabbing the grate and pulling with all his might, the giant is able to rip it out of the ceiling, flinging it away. Get. Out. NOW!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by Zhym »

Tanner the Frog seems skittish for a moment before allowing Arex to scoop him up. Arex and the amphibian fighter back out of the room to discuss strategy.

Risdac, irritated by the creature that just froginated Tanner, has had enough messing around. He charges into the room, reaches up to the gate—which is only about a foot over his head—and grabs it with both hands, ripping the grate out of the ceiling! "Get. Out. NOW!"

The hole in the ceiling is now open, allowing access to the room beyond (for anyone who can climb into it). The ceiling of the upper room appears to be about 10' over the opening.

Actions?

-----
Status: Tanner (H CG F19): 69/107; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 76/93; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 74/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 77/90; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Arex (E NG F13/T16): 56/56
Effects: Invisible (Arex); Resist Fire (Malibran): 4.6 turns
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Tanner); Continual light dagger (Odilo); Continual light mirror (Rool)
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran considers with a gleam in his eye and whispers, "We could toss Tanner the Frog Prince up that now open gate while I cast dispel magic on him - that may surprise our friend up there."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Rex »

Xale

"If we try that we shouldn't send him alone in case the dispel magic fails. Maybe have Risdac lift me up as well?"
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#229 Post by Cwreando »

Arex

Arex hands the frog over to Xale so they can get up into the opening, "Here you go Xale. Here is the frog."

Arex will watch from behind the door when the spell goes off to see what happens.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#230 Post by Rex »

Xale

"I don't have dispel magic so someone else will need to cast it. I will keep the creature at bay. Lift away my friend."
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Urson »

Tanner the Frog I knew it was a gamble....
Tanner continues fidgeting, trying to stand up on his hind legs, looking all around.
FA FO
Scott308

#232 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

The giant will grab Xale and lift him through the opening in the ceiling.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by Zhym »

Odilo? Rool?
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov

Rool waits, with callous amusement, to see what happens to Xale and Tannerfrog.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by Zhym »

Arex hands Tanner to Xale, who tries to keep his grip while the frog attempts to stand on his hind legs, looking around. Risdac grabs Xale and lifts him through the opening in the ceiling. Everyone else watches and waits.

Rex and Urson, please check your private forums.

-----
Status: Tanner (H CG F19): 69/107; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 76/93; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 74/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 77/90; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Arex (E NG F13/T16): 56/56
Effects: Invisible (Arex); Resist Fire (Malibran): 4.5 turns
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Tanner); Continual light dagger (Odilo); Continual light mirror (Rool)
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran will cast dispel magic on the frog if so desired.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by Urson »

Tanner
As soon as Xale's feet are on a solid floor, Tanner leaps from his hand, landing with a surprisingly loud 'thump'. Croakk he says, in a very human voice.
FA FO
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#238 Post by Cwreando »

Arex

Arex hollers, "What do you see up there folks?!"
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by Urson »

Tanner/frog
Croak-ribbit-croak
FA FO
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by Rex »

Xale

"Nothing yet."

Waiting for a response from Zhym to my action.

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”