And the Quest Begins....

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: And the Quest Begins....

#221 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Mangore the Dire Wolf

Wether these animals were killed by us or not seems irrelevant to me. I know nothing of the creatures in the skys around these lands. We can't eat what we can't catch.

If you want us to trust that you won't attack, then you must trust the same from us. We will not relinquish our meals without a fight. If you truly simply request safe passage, we will allow you to each pass one at a time through our ranks. If you are true to your word and don't attack, you will be allowed to continue on your way. Any false moves however, and we will be forced to protect ourselves.

We will not let you have ANY of our meat however. Just because these bird-men have been dead for a couple of weeks already doesn't make them inedible you know. Besides, I don't suggest carrying around rotting meat with you on your journey. There are far more dangerous things than us dire wolves in these lands, and usually the wild things in the mountains are quite hungry.

If you want safe passage, you must leave in a single file progression one at a time. Those are our terms. Do you agree to them?

Edited for drunk spelling.
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#222 Post by Scott308 »

I agree to those terms.
The monk turns back to the party. We can pass one at a time, keep your weapons sheathed. If we make no threatening moves, they say they will not harm us.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Storm11 »

Halo eyes the pack warily, but trusts the good monk and his extraordinary skills.

I will go, to test the wolves! I not afraid! he says looking hopefully at the monk.
Greys Campaign.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#224 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez crosses his arms and gruffly says "Fine by me." making sure all his weapons are not in a threatening manner, and for his own safety he removes the bolt from his crossbow. wouldn't want it to go off and shoot me own arse. ;) "Just wanted to continue on our quest anyways plus wolf tastes terrible. I'd rather fight a worg than a wolf."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by Dram »

Xano- Puts the arrow back in its quiver and shoulders her bow. Are you sure about this? They don't look like the type of animal you can trust. They would probably prefer fresh meat over a dead carcasses. You all keep your wits about you. She gets in the marching order and waits for turn to proceed thru the wolf pack.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#227 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar

Nicely done Monk..he puts his staff under his robe and waits to walk thru the magnificent, but equally violent creatures.
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#228 Post by greyarea »

Trotter the ranger

Trotter agrees and will walk with the others.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#229 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The wolves back away and let the party pass unmolested. As you pass the dead animal carcasses, it is obvious that the three dead Aarakocra have been deceased for much longer than the pack animals. The reek from the bird men is pungent and Chewy is visibly shaken as he passes in the middle of the rest of the party.

After everyone is passed, the wolves go back to devouring their meals. The road ahead looks clear again.

Chewy hangs his head and weeps softly after passing the destroyed caravan.

What is happening here? I know that my brethren would never do a thing such as that.
Hotgoblin

#230 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar

Chewy, together we will destroy this Evil, but you must stay strong!!
He empathizes with the birdman and hopes there are no other caravans destroyed along the way.
GreyWolfVT

#231 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez "Chewy hang in there. I know it is not easy to see yer kin like this. We will help you have faith."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by Storm11 »

Chewy, do you know where your fellows were headed, where they are from and what they were doing along here at all? Did you recognise them at all? We shall have justice for your fallen! The paladin pats the bird man sympathetically.

Nice work on those wolves Innominata! the Halfling says with a wink. Never doubted you for a second!
Greys Campaign.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas nods his head in agreement, "I agree, having to kill those creatures would have been a waste of time. Animals will hunt and kill to survive, what we seek are those twisted by evil."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by Dram »

Xano- Chewy I am sorry for the loss of your friends. She looks behind to make sure they are not being followed or hunted.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#235 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chewy
I didn't recognize them but they are definitely some of my people. I know they wouldn't have attacked those animals, so, why are they here?

After the party sets out back up the pass, Xano checks behind and sees only empty road.

Morgi flies back up to his position as scout and again sees only empty pass up ahead. The rest of the day goes by uneventfully and, as the day nears its end, the party starts to think about setting up a camp for the night. Just then Morgi spots 6 figures far off in the distance flying in the party's direction.
GreyWolfVT

#236 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez clears the phlegm from his throat spits and says to Chewy "Bet it was them there creatures from that paper we saw. Nasty critters like that would definitely do harm to any goodly creature. Specially ones that are in the sky."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by Dram »

Xano- Looks around for secure location to setup camp. Maybe we should look for a secure place to setup camp for the night. She is looking for a cave or ledge to take cover under. We need something protects us from attack at least from one direction. Does sound like a plan or does someone have better ideas?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Scott308

#238 Post by Scott308 »

I think that is a strong defensive tactic, Xano. Any direction we do not have to worry about defending gives us an edge if something unfriendly does come along, says the monk. And in this region, I fear anything that comes along will be unfriendly.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#239 Post by Nuke66 »

Morgi returns to the party as the daylight wanes. Flying to Innominata, he settles on his shoulder. "We have company on wings. Six bogies incoming. I say hide if we can." Before taking off once again, moving away from the party, as well as the incoming fliers.
Scott308

#240 Post by Scott308 »

The monk will relay what the druid told him. There are six flying creatures coming our way. Morgi suggests we hide! He will then begin looking for a suitable hiding place.

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”